Cold

Options
123457»

Replies

• CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    There was a recent article in a major magazine about how women need it to be 7 degrees warmer than men in order to be comfortable
  • superhockeymom
    superhockeymom Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    There was a recent article in a major magazine about how women need it to be 7 degrees warmer than men in order to be comfortable

I believe it just had to tell both boys to turn off the air conditioners.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    Ok just finished lunch I am frozen. Yes I had a salad I love it. But I may have to give it up I hate this.

Get up ...

Go climb several flights of stairs. Or if you don't have those available, go for a brisk 20-30 min walk.

I climb 25 flights of stairs/day at work, and walk at lunch, and since I've started doing that, I almost always feel warm. To the point where I have to be careful what I wear. I've got to dress in layers. If I just toss on a sweater in the morning, I'll be melting by 2 pm.

• Machka9
    Options

And I'll add this ...

In a previous office, I sat right underneath the split system. The guys always wanted it on blowing cold air everywhere, but most of it ended up blowing down my neck.

So I got a collection of dressy scarves in different colours and wore them every day. That helped. So did wearing wool cardigans.

• MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

And I'll add this ...

In a previous office, I sat right underneath the split system. The guys always wanted it on blowing cold air everywhere, but most of it ended up blowing down my neck.

So I got a collection of dressy scarves in different colours and wore them every day. That helped. So did wearing wool cardigans.

You should've made those guys pay for them!
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

And I'll add this ...

You should've made those guys pay for them!

You're right ... I should have done!

• Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    What is your body temp like? My daughter and I are naturally around 97.4-97.6. I am freezing sometimes, but not all the time. I joke about having quarter life menopause. I also wear a hoodie all Summer long, but that is just because of poor body image. Maybe you just have a low body temp?
  • superhockeymom
    superhockeymom Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    Kimegatron wrote: »
    What is your body temp like? My daughter and I are naturally around 97.4-97.6. I am freezing sometimes, but not all the time. I joke about having quarter life menopause. I also wear a hoodie all Summer long, but that is just because of poor body image. Maybe you just have a low body temp?

Maybe I never really thought about that
  • cherryxoxo0511
    cherryxoxo0511 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I in my 20s and is overweight but for some reason, I tend to feel cold the moment I step into Air-con room. My hands and feet can be cold to the extent that I find hard to type fast and required to touch something warm to feel better. u_u Sweater only works to keep areas such as upper arm warm but it will never help with the hands and feet. I wonder what can I do to make the condition better? ^^" No gloves pls, I can't wear gloves to do programming on computer.