• IconStillFree
    IconStillFree Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Y'all might regain. I won't.

This
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Information and diligence. I will have to log the rest of my life to keep myself informed of my portions. I can only do so much to help deal with how I was raised to see food and I don't think I'll ever be able to really know that I am full, even if I eat until it hurts. So far I have lost 80lbs, these last 40lbs are SO. MUCH. HARDER. I imagine if I don't keep aware and if I am not conscientiously making an effort to keep my life changed, I will slip right back up to 262lbs... It's my reality, but I'm okay with it if it means I stay a sexy beast.
  • malioumba
    malioumba Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I will say that one woman told me she purposely let herself get too thin (5'4", 290lb to 108lb) because she wanted to have "wiggle room."
    Soon, she was back to old habits and went up over 300 pounds again. She never lost it.

Aww....I feel so bad for whoever that was....is she more-or-less happy though?

• neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    mhaskins08 wrote: »
    It comes down to being informed. When you know getter... You usually do better.

This time around... I'm learning how to blend a Calorie deficit with a diet that doesn't leave Me feeling deprived. And I've accepted some days I will go over (cheat days) and these are accounted for.

Now once you've been fat... You always remember what it feels like to be fat... You never Forget that. That alone can be a motivating force. It is for me.

This all the way. My weight loss has been legit this time. It feels SO wonderful to be in good health, with a normal BMI, and being able to do my favorite hobbies (biking, dancing, trail walks, etc) without running out of breath so fast. Though I had been overweight all my life, I've reached a point where I crave fitness more than I crave junk food. That's not to say I don't have treats; I mix up 80/20 and 90/10 days. I go 100% good when I *want* to, and never more than that. However, my treats tend be healthier alternatives that are just as tasty as the high-calorie originals (i.e. low butter popcorn instead of regular/extra butter popcorn).
    I can't believe I once thought that losing weight would be too stressful/impossible. Looking back now, I can see that being overweight/obese was such a burden; I was literally dragging along 30lbs+ extra on my small frame (I'm 5"2). I truly enjoy counting calories (it's like a game), I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything, and my exercises are so much fun. In other words, I am living a life that I enjoy. I think this condition of changing over to an *enjoyable* healthy lifestyle will be what determines if someone will get to a healthy weight for forever or will always be fat.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    "once fat" .... did you pop out your mum obese? Nahh? Didn't think so.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    malioumba wrote: »
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I will say that one woman told me she purposely let herself get too thin (5'4", 290lb to 108lb) because she wanted to have "wiggle room."
    Soon, she was back to old habits and went up over 300 pounds again. She never lost it.

Aww....I feel so bad for whoever that was....is she more-or-less happy though?

She's dead now, but was never a very happy person, fat or thin. I learned my "wiggle room" lesson from her. If you create it, don't abuse it!