Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Pet Peeves/Things that annoy you

Options

Replies

• KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I've never seen anyone shopping barefoot. But feet freak me out so that would make me want to vomit.

Haha well be glad you haven't!! Yes feet in general are just a no no aha..
  • LikeSeeds4Souls
    LikeSeeds4Souls Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    KT_3009 wrote: »
    Also cannot stand when people are out shopping and they don't have shoes on :neutral: eww

WT actual F are you for real lol?

Don't you find it gross? I have OCD and seeing people walk with no shoes just freaks me out cause I think of how dirty their feet must be and what they've stood on..

I'm yet to witness this. That reminds me, I hate uneven finger nails.
  • 19gabriela01
    19gabriela01 Posts: 2,090 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Oh and the bus full of school kids that refused to stand for the elderly woman.. To which I end up announcing this lady needs a seat... Anyone kind enough to offer what could be your mother or grandmother a seat!? Amazing the response you get when you stare at people and make them feel bad for not offering a seat to a frail woman! :neutral: some of the younger generation.. Is their any hope? Where's the compassion?

Parents that hit, scream and shout at their kids... And you wonder why they treat you the same when they become teens? :joy: isn't it good to get things off your chest.. Lol

Living in London I see this quite often whenever I decide not to drive for whatever reason. Not all teenagers but the vast majority of their attitude stinks. IMO It's common decency to offer your seat to someone who is old enough to be your grandparent. What's more is the general topic of discussion they engage in, the nonsense that spews from their mouths at times is actually worrying.

School kids in North London are the worst ever!!!! I used to get headaches when travelling to work in the afternoon. The noise, the crap they say, the rubbish they leave, the smell of fried chicken
  • DrFever100
    DrFever100 Posts: 5,899 Member
    Options
    Going out to dinner and having your company stare at their cell phones. It's rude and obnoxious. When eating at a restaurant or at home for that matter, put the phone away and enjoy looking and interacting with a human being for an hour or so.
  • KT_3009
    Options
    DrFever100 wrote: »
    Going out to dinner and having your company stare at their cell phones. It's rude and obnoxious. When eating at a restaurant or at home for that matter, put the phone away and enjoy looking and interacting with a human being for an hour or so.

This!! Totally agree haha these days you'll be out at a restaurant with family and half of them aren't talking but just checking their phones and being antisocial
  • jbuzzed
    jbuzzed Posts: 10,172 Member
    Options
    csbnga wrote: »
    When you see that car coming, so you wait to turn right. Then, they get close, and turn in beside you. Use your turn signal!

This!!! Every single day! Drives me bonkers.
  • KT_3009
    Options
    I don't have my license yet so I don't understand how frustrating it must be.. But I do find it amusing when I'm in the car with someone and they're getting super worked up
  • ohmyllama
    ohmyllama Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    People. People are my pet peeves. It doesn't matter how nice I am, I attract all the nasty people.

Yesterday, I was at a restaurant. Just got out of my car, when a lady backed up right in front of me, nearly hitting me, and then began to randomly cuss me out, calling me a stupid MFer several times, just because I was standing there waiting for her to move! GEEZ. Guess she wanted me to walk behind her car instead of standing there. Well, sorry lady, but I didn't want to walk behind you after you nearly hit me once.

Then, I was walking in the restaurant and didn't hold the door for some lady 20ft behind me. I didn't feel like it after being cussed out in the parking lot. She came up to me saying, "What, you can't hold the door for an old lady?" I just walked away. She was probably in her 30s by the way, definitely not an old lady.

I just don't understand people. :/ I have really bad luck... something like this happens every day I go into the city.
  • LikeSeeds4Souls
    Options
    @19gabriela01 The never ending saga of fried chicken, so true.
  • ohmyllama
    ohmyllama Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    When my headphones get hooked unto a door handle or anything that sticks out. Super annoying

THIS. My headphones get ripped out of my ears a million times a day and it makes me so mad haha.

I had a pair of bluetooth headphones and man were they nice. Gotta get another pair.
  • Determined_ella_89
    Determined_ella_89 Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Oh and the bus full of school kids that refused to stand for the elderly woman.. To which I end up announcing this lady needs a seat... Anyone kind enough to offer what could be your mother or grandmother a seat!? Amazing the response you get when you stare at people and make them feel bad for not offering a seat to a frail woman! :neutral: some of the younger generation.. Is their any hope? Where's the compassion?

Parents that hit, scream and shout at their kids... And you wonder why they treat you the same when they become teens? :joy: isn't it good to get things off your chest.. Lol

Living in London I see this quite often whenever I decide not to drive for whatever reason. Not all teenagers but the vast majority of their attitude stinks. IMO It's common decency to offer your seat to someone who is old enough to be your grandparent. What's more is the general topic of discussion they engage in, the nonsense that spews from their mouths at times is actually worrying.

Born in London.. And couldn't agree more! I've heard kids discuss cutting people etc.. I just look at them and think how did a beautiful innocent baby turn into that.. Where did it go so wrong.. I know if my mother/grandmother wasn't offered a seat I'd flip. .. I've been brought up to be kind, to treat others how you with to be tret. To respect your elders... Now I'm not saying all of our elders respect us.. I have seen a few older women and men slur racist remarks.. To which I have said you expect respect off us when you spew venom like that? They say with age comes wisdom.. I guess some have missed the wisdom. I mean teens these days choose to follow the "in thing" currently the in thng is to talk about and do utter crap. I remember when I was 13... It was all about the boys.. And going places.. Having fun (by fun I mean actually having a good time, in your friends company telling jokes... not beating people up and filming it!?) these days kids worry too much about looks.. And weight... I was talking to my son's friend and she said she couldn't eat any this with carbs or and sugary foods... And calories.. She is 6!!!! As parents we should not be teaching our kids this! Even if I don't eat healthily... my kids do.. But I do it as normal like" here's your lunch" etc... Not Oh there is 400 calories in this so you have black black left lol.. If people focused more on letting kids be kids then maybe they won't look back and say they didn't have a childhood because they worried their way through it. I never worried about my weight as a child as I was so over active... I was lucky I didn't gain weight as my exercise (playtime) was treble what I ate.. Never even thought of food until my body told me lol I worried about going out to see friends.. Being in the outdoors.. I'd hate to be a child of this day and age. You have to act perfect.. Look perfect... Be perfect.. Fu¢K perfect.. it's not possible.. Be yourself and then you will learn how perfect you.. yourself actually are.. Sorry about the rant lol
  • KT_3009
    Options
    It's sad to hear that someone so young can think that of themselves.. And hearing parents putting normal sized kids on silly diets and also saying stuff about themselves in front of kids is just making the younger people of this generation so much more insecure on looks, weight and everything else
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Lack of basic manners annoys the living daylights out of me. They're called the Magic Words for a reason, guys!
  • DrFever100
    DrFever100 Posts: 5,899 Member
    Options
  • Determined_ella_89
    edited October 2015
    Options
    It's sad to hear that someone so young can think that of themselves.. And hearing parents putting normal sized kids on silly diets and also saying stuff about themselves in front of kids is just making the younger people of this generation so much more insecure on looks, weight and everything else

Exactly! I see a lot of parents talking with their kids nearby saying I'm not happy about how fat I've got... She's like a size 0! But I have been through the "thinking your fat" stage when you are actually most likely normal or underweight.... Until you actually become overweight only then do you realise that you were thin.. Lol.
    I think if we stopped comparing ourselves to others then maybe things will change. We can hope lol
  • 19gabriela01
    Options
  • LikeSeeds4Souls
    Options
    @Determined_ella_89 You deserve a medal for that piece lol.

I agree with all the points you've touched on, especially the point on kids wanting to be 'perfect', whatever that is.

It's very easy to direct the blame for this 'sheeple' and narcissistic type behaviour towards the media, social media especially, but in this case I genuinely think that is the root cause of this mess.

I'll try to summarise this but social media basically provides these kids, and adults a platform to receive their validation drug. Every 'like' gives the user a brief spike in ego so before you know it one creates an online version of themselves who is preferred to the real person. Everyone is guilty of this. It's actually scary stuff the more you analyze it.

My point is, since social media has become so prevalent in modern society, the values I had as a kid growing up and yourself I'm sure are now being replaced with values about self imagine entirely. Morals are being shoved to the side.
  • Determined_ella_89
    Options
    DrFever100 wrote: »

+1

And them people with clipboards that stare at you and stand in your path so you have to stop... I have given one the time of day.. To then be told they don't know exactly where the money goes that I give... Always research what you are trying to sell before you harass another human for money.
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    Whenever I hear someone say "winner winner chicken dinner." Phrase makes zero sense to me.
  • 19gabriela01
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Dropping weights with noise and roaring!!!!! Man! If you're strong enough to lift all that sh.t several times you're also strong enough to put it back on the floor without making an earthquake and scaring other people that apocalypse has come.