Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Pet Peeves/Things that annoy you

Options

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    ready4_50 wrote: »
    Whenever I hear someone say "winner winner chicken dinner." Phrase makes zero sense to me.

Yes!!! This and words like awesomesauce or saying hells ya or high-larious. Just say the words.
  • Determined_ella_89
    Determined_ella_89 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    @Determined_ella_89 You deserve a medal for that piece lol.

I agree with all the points you've touched on, especially the point on kids wanting to be 'perfect', whatever that is.

It's very easy to direct the blame for this 'sheeple' and narcissistic type behaviour towards the media, social media especially, but in this case I genuinely think that is the root cause of this mess.

I'll try to summarise this but social media basically provides these kids, and adults a platform to receive their validation drug. Every 'like' gives the user a brief spike in ego so before you know it one creates an online version of themselves who is preferred to the real person. Everyone is guilty of this. It's actually scary stuff the more you analyze it.

My point is, since social media has become so prevalent in modern society, the values I had as a kid growing up and yourself I'm sure are now being replaced with values about self imagine entirely. Morals are being shoved to the side.

Couldnt have put it better myself!
    Exactly! I have met 3 of my 4 exs off the net... Now I can tell you that their personalities were nothing like how they were online... They were more forward, humorous etc online.. However were quite shy or tbh not very nice in reality. With computers or social media you can be whoever you want to be.. You can have self esteem.. You can be happy.. You can hide your reality so easily. I've been on social media sites (be Bo, MySpace, Facebook, blog TV, YouTube, yahoo chat, twitter etc) since I was 17 so nearly 10 years.. And can honestly say I've seen a huge change in the behaviour of teens... I used to be a moderator in a chat room when I was 18 and the things weren't as bad as they are today.
    The Internet was intended to help people... It has helped a lot of people including myself... But it's ruining the next generations.. They don't get to experience the fun we had as kids.. The outdoors.. Playing curbs, man hunt, skipping etc.. Instead it's not safe enough to play out.. And also not safe enough online.. We are stuck in a loophole.. People used to say good morning.. Now they have their head stuck in a phone or have headphones on.. Real social lives are becoming less... God forbid they miss a tweet opportunity :joy: I agree I have been guilty of that.. Where I have tried to make myself more fun etc years ago.. But then it really does come crashing down on you.. So I prefer to be myself.. And if they don't like me.. That's not my problem lol. I have to say... If anyone is going to meet anyone off the net.. Get them on cam.. At the very beginning.. Trust me do not meet up with a picture.. I've come across a lot of men and women that are not who they say they are.. I got them on cam and they blurred it.. The normal excuses... Cameras broke.. Phones smashed.. It's not working.. My family are here.. I have a roommate.. Or they press accept then cancel.. And say it won't let me lol I deleted and blocked them. Seriously if you have kids and they are allowed.. Watch them closer than anything.. Kids are becoming so clever they can hide most things and change setting etc. Personally I disagree with children being on social media.. But that's a personal preference.. Lol another rant 0_o
  • DrFever100
    DrFever100 Posts: 5,899 Member
    Options
    People that are fake .... it's really that simple

Just be yourself and let the leaves fall where they fall.
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    Jealousy in all its forms. Especially when its guys acting very weak
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    ready4_50 wrote: »
    Whenever I hear someone say "winner winner chicken dinner." Phrase makes zero sense to me.

Yes!!! This and words like awesomesauce or saying hells ya or high-larious. Just say the words.

Yep. The dummification of society is what we're looking at here.
  • LikeSeeds4Souls
    LikeSeeds4Souls Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    @Determined_ella_89 Damn! You're right about the personality thing, big time. You know about them bebo days, can't forget MSN & Hi5 as well, true archives lol.

I'm the same way, any social media site I may be involved in is an extension of who I am. I'm not interested in trying to convince anyone to like me, that's dead.

Thanks for the heads up about any potential link ups I may or may not have. You're cray you know that lol.
  • Determined_ella_89
    Determined_ella_89 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    @Determined_ella_89 Damn! You're right about the personality thing, big time. You know about them bebo days, can't forget MSN & Hi5 as well, true archives lol.

I'm the same way, any social media site I may be involved in is an extension of who I am. I'm not interested in trying to convince anyone to like me, that's dead.

Thanks for the heads up about any potential link ups I may or may not have. You're cray you know that lol.

Lol oh yes forgot the wonderful MSN! I did love MSN.. Shame they got rid of that lol. I agree it is dead..

Lol you sound like a sensible man.. I doubt you would be hooking up online.. Or crazy enough to :joy:
    I couldn't agree more with the last statement Haha!

In line with the thread...
    When someone coughs or sneezes behind you and they are full of flu... Holding your breath only works for so long :joy:
  • KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    One thing I can't stand is when a parent is smoking right in front of their young kids -_- Makes me so frustrated and angry!!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    KT_3009 wrote: »
    One thing I can't stand is when a parent is smoking right in front of their young kids -_- Makes me so frustrated and angry!!
    Ditto, although my folks always smoked. Sadly, they still do. I remember like it was yesterday, the last time I secondhand smoked at dinner. It was not fun!
  • joeyana7
    joeyana7 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    When someone isnt being grateful and constantly whining.
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    When people think fat people shouldn't wear certain things. "Gosh, nobody wants to see those fat arms, that lady shouldn't be wearing a tank top". Really? It's 100 degrees out and 90% humidity. She should cover her arms because you don't want to look at them? Grrrr
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    People that put the toilet paper on backwards, unless they have a pet; that would otherwise unroll it but I'd just keep my pet, out of the bathroom instead. If one has to reach under rather than over, they have to reach further; to access it. Also if the part of the toilet paper that one grabs is closer to the wall, if one has to reach under & if especially an uncoordinated person (such as a child) has feces on the hand, that they use to grab the toilet paper; in that position they are most likely to get some of it on the wall. Rather than just the roll, if the toilet paper; is in the over position.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    @Determined_ella_89 You deserve a medal for that piece lol.

I agree with all the points you've touched on, especially the point on kids wanting to be 'perfect', whatever that is.

It's very easy to direct the blame for this 'sheeple' and narcissistic type behaviour towards the media, social media especially, but in this case I genuinely think that is the root cause of this mess.

I'll try to summarise this but social media basically provides these kids, and adults a platform to receive their validation drug. Every 'like' gives the user a brief spike in ego so before you know it one creates an online version of themselves who is preferred to the real person. Everyone is guilty of this. It's actually scary stuff the more you analyze it.

My point is, since social media has become so prevalent in modern society, the values I had as a kid growing up and yourself I'm sure are now being replaced with values about self imagine entirely. Morals are being shoved to the side.

Couldnt have put it better myself!
    Exactly! I have met 3 of my 4 exs off the net... Now I can tell you that their personalities were nothing like how they were online... They were more forward, humorous etc online.. However were quite shy or tbh not very nice in reality. With computers or social media you can be whoever you want to be.. You can have self esteem.. You can be happy.. You can hide your reality so easily. I've been on social media sites (be Bo, MySpace, Facebook, blog TV, YouTube, yahoo chat, twitter etc) since I was 17 so nearly 10 years.. And can honestly say I've seen a huge change in the behaviour of teens... I used to be a moderator in a chat room when I was 18 and the things weren't as bad as they are today.
    The Internet was intended to help people... It has helped a lot of people including myself... But it's ruining the next generations.. They don't get to experience the fun we had as kids.. The outdoors.. Playing curbs, man hunt, skipping etc.. Instead it's not safe enough to play out.. And also not safe enough online.. We are stuck in a loophole.. People used to say good morning.. Now they have their head stuck in a phone or have headphones on.. Real social lives are becoming less... God forbid they miss a tweet opportunity :joy: I agree I have been guilty of that.. Where I have tried to make myself more fun etc years ago.. But then it really does come crashing down on you.. So I prefer to be myself.. And if they don't like me.. That's not my problem lol. I have to say... If anyone is going to meet anyone off the net.. Get them on cam.. At the very beginning.. Trust me do not meet up with a picture.. I've come across a lot of men and women that are not who they say they are.. I got them on cam and they blurred it.. The normal excuses... Cameras broke.. Phones smashed.. It's not working.. My family are here.. I have a roommate.. Or they press accept then cancel.. And say it won't let me lol I deleted and blocked them. Seriously if you have kids and they are allowed.. Watch them closer than anything.. Kids are becoming so clever they can hide most things and change setting etc. Personally I disagree with children being on social media.. But that's a personal preference.. Lol another rant 0_o

I use Skype mainly for safety reasons, I have to be sure that the person I am meeting; is the same person in their profile pictures because I print the picture & give it to someone, along with anything else that I know; in case something were to happen to me.
  • KelleyBrandy
    KelleyBrandy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Don't know if it's been posted yet.. But when people make funny noises when the eat or chew with their mouths open. Forks hitting teeth. Smacking of lips.. OR RATTLING OF A CHIP BAG!! Ahhhhhh! >:)
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    joeyana7 wrote: »
    When someone isnt being grateful and constantly whining.
    This, which is ironic because I sometimes unwillingly do so.
  • GlutenFreeAussieGirl
    Options
    My dog peeing LITERALLY 2 minutes after I just took her out.
    Parents who take their young kids to cafes and then don't entertain them so they (understandably) run around and be silly out of boredom, then the parents scream at them. Their own fault for taking a little kid to a cafe!
    Weeding.
  • _HunterKiller_
    _HunterKiller_ Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    rude people, general lack of manners, selfish and self centred.
  • KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    rude people, general lack of manners, selfish and self centred.

Yes! I can't stand those types of people..