Walking Dead - SPOILERS

Options

Replies

• Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Options
    henshemi wrote: »
    Char231023 wrote: »
    Char231023 wrote: »
    What did ya'll think of last nights episode?

I didn't mind the episode; I thought Morgan's backstory was interesting, and I really liked the Eastman character. I just feel like it was terrible timing. Everyone is dying to know Glenn's fate, not to mention the rest of the cast, and now we have to wait ANOTHER week. And judging by the promos for next week, I don't think we'll even find out about Glenn until the week after.

I agree. I liked Eastman too. But to devote the entire hour and half to Morgan was disappointing.

Agreed. I thought it was a terrible episode.

The question is.....is he even dead???

not yet... first he joins a mob of walkers, follows them to a dumpster then eats glenn.... but then walker glenn eats walker Eastman cause he's new at the whole walker thing and doesn't know not to eat walkers yet.

(too soon?)
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Options
    I liked the episode..at times it was too slow for my taste... but its kinda like breather from the last couple episode which have been just plain insane.

I do give props to the writers for getting the audience to like a new character and feel bad for them after just 90 minutes.

Yeah it does give a backstory to Morgan which is nice, but I think more importantly I think this episode gets the audience to reflect on who Rick has become.. last week many of us supported Rick when he kills whomever and whatever, although we all know he is almost at rock bottom emotionally... I think the morgan episode gets us to wonder if Rick can be "saved" the way Morgan was.... But at the very end of the episode... right when the writers got us to understand Morgan a little bit better... they make us question again if people should kill...cause it looks like a crapstorm could be brewing with the wolf guy.
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I thought 90 mins on just Morgan was too much. I was bored. I get that they wanted to give a backstory but I feel like it could have been done in a fraction of the time.

But I do like Eastman. It was a bit cruel to make us fall for him then watch him get bit and fall apart all in one episode.
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Options
    emhunter wrote: »
    I thought 90 mins on just Morgan was too much. I was bored. I get that they wanted to give a backstory but I feel like it could have been done in a fraction of the time.

But I do like Eastman. It was a bit cruel to make us fall for him then watch him get bit and fall apart all in one episode.

next week is a special 120 minute episode about that wolf guy's back story. j/k lol
  • wolfsbayne2
    wolfsbayne2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

What about Tabitha??
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    Loved the New character and wish he could have been part of the regular cast. I have always loved John Carrol Lynch and his diverse roles. Was great to find out how Morgan became so different from when we saw him last. But I think he might have a starvation in mind for this bad guy no???

Was however ticked off more like pizzed off that we didn't find out about Glenn in last night's eps. waited all week for it!!! :confounded:
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options

I agree. I love the show but I feel like most of the "character development" episodes drag on. I get the need for these episodes, but most of those stories could have been told in way less time.
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Options

I agree. I love the show but I feel like most of the "character development" episodes drag on. I get the need for these episodes, but most of those stories could have been told in way less time.

it's a formula.... sopranos did the same thing.... 2 or 3 insane episodes then a slow one having nothing to do with the current plot, or very little. cant complain... these slow ones just get you to look forward to next weeks episode even more.
  • henshemi
    henshemi Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options

That's what I'm talking about boom!
  • wolfsbayne2
    wolfsbayne2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    s1q48x33bghz.jpeg
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hahahahahahahaha! :lol: That's so silly !!! I hope it is so! :tongue:
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    They are playing mind games with us. That's Just rude!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    They slowed it down with Morgan's story, but that's typical for strong drama series.

I have a question though that's been bugging me and maybe some can chime in here:

The Termites gagged and spat out Bob's leg when they found out he was bit and "tainted", but at Terminus, they were killing people before cutting them up for food. Now if people were dead before they cut them up for food, wouldn't their meat also be tainted?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • henshemi
    henshemi Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be surprised....my dad seems to think Glenn's not dead....
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    They slowed it down with Morgan's story, but that's typical for strong drama series.

I have a question though that's been bugging me and maybe some can chime in here:

The Termites gagged and spat out Bob's leg when they found out he was bit and "tainted", but at Terminus, they were killing people before cutting them up for food. Now if people were dead before they cut them up for food, wouldn't their meat also be tainted?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Was it maybe that Bob was bitten and that expedited the Infection tainting him causing a more rapid rotting of the flesh rather than when someone is outright killed before the infection has a chance to progress?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Was it maybe that Bob was bitten and that expedited the Infection tainting him causing a more rapid rotting of the flesh rather than when someone is outright killed before the infection has a chance to progress?
    Well when one is dead, I would imagine that the infection is faster because a person that's bit "lives" and doesn't turn till they die.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Well when one is dead, I would imagine that the infection is faster because a person that's bit "lives" and doesn't turn till they die.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Well I would argue that once one is bitten The infection changes and becomes more aggressive in the blood system and no longer dormant! ;p
  • emhunter
    Options

next week is a special 120 minute episode about that wolf guy's back story. j/k lol

Lol THANK GOSH. Last week was probably one of the slowest episodes TWD has put out. :#
  • emhunter
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

That's what I was thinking.

Also you kill the person before they turn so maybe they aren't infected...