Walking Dead - SPOILERS

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    They slowed it down with Morgan's story, but that's typical for strong drama series.

I have a question though that's been bugging me and maybe some can chime in here:

The Termites gagged and spat out Bob's leg when they found out he was bit and "tainted", but at Terminus, they were killing people before cutting them up for food. Now if people were dead before they cut them up for food, wouldn't their meat also be tainted?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Was it maybe that Bob was bitten and that expedited the Infection tainting him causing a more rapid rotting of the flesh rather than when someone is outright killed before the infection has a chance to progress?
    Well when one is dead, I would imagine that the infection is faster because a person that's bit "lives" and doesn't turn till they die.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Well I would argue that once one is bitten The infection changes and becomes more aggressive in the blood system and no longer dormant! ;p
    Possibly. Seeing what other's have to say about it.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    emhunter wrote: »
    I thought 90 mins on just Morgan was too much. I was bored. I get that they wanted to give a backstory but I feel like it could have been done in a fraction of the time.

But I do like Eastman. It was a bit cruel to make us fall for him then watch him get bit and fall apart all in one episode.

What about Tabitha??

Hahaha I love her too. Now that made me tear up :(
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    They slowed it down with Morgan's story, but that's typical for strong drama series.

I have a question though that's been bugging me and maybe some can chime in here:

The Termites gagged and spat out Bob's leg when they found out he was bit and "tainted", but at Terminus, they were killing people before cutting them up for food. Now if people were dead before they cut them up for food, wouldn't their meat also be tainted?

I think it's that the bite doesn't give you the virus, but it gives you the "fever" and kills you. So maybe because Bob had the fatal fever from the bite, the Termites were worried that they would get it too. Since everyone already has the virus, I'm not sure eating dead people would do anything, because how can you contract a virus you already have? But it's possible they could contract the fever from eating Bob's tainted leg meat.
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Options
    Everyone is living with the virus.. i think the bite just activates it for lack of a better word. Almost like the bite itself brings down your autoimmune system to the point where the virus can take over your body.
  • Fit4LifeGal79
    Fit4LifeGal79 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Isn't death what activates the virus? Doesn't matter whether the person is bitten or not they'll still turn once they die.
  • kaylajane11
    Options
    Isn't death what activates the virus? Doesn't matter whether the person is bitten or not they'll still turn once they die.

Right, but the point is that it's the bite that kills you. It's not clear whether the bite strengthens the virus to the point of death, or if the bite is poisonous in some other way. Once you're bitten, you eventually die, and come back as a walker, just as everyone who dies does. The bite doesn't give you the virus, it gives you a sickness that kills you.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy there's an actual thread in the Chit-Chat forums I can participate in without feeling like a need a hot shower and some bleach :)

Moving on...

I never watched the Morgan-Centric episode last week because it was my understanding that it was just about him and didn't move the story along. Is it worth a watch? Its still on my DVR...
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options

I think it's that the bite doesn't give you the virus, but it gives you the "fever" and kills you. So maybe because Bob had the fatal fever from the bite, the Termites were worried that they would get it too. Since everyone already has the virus, I'm not sure eating dead people would do anything, because how can you contract a virus you already have? But it's possible they could contract the fever from eating Bob's tainted leg meat.

Yup! Remember Jim back at the camp in season 1? They left him tied to a tree before going to the CDC...but the bite made him really sick. Not just the fever but terrible pain.

• Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy there's an actual thread in the Chit-Chat forums I can participate in without feeling like a need a hot shower and some bleach :)

Moving on...

I never watched the Morgan-Centric episode last week because it was my understanding that it was just about him and didn't move the story along. Is it worth a watch? Its still on my DVR...

It's not a bad episode. It just kind of drags on, (i think everyone is hoping to know what exactly happened to Glenn), but you kind of get the back story on why Morgan has the Wolf guy locked away. Its does have a really cute goat named Tabitha in it.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Ok, Who did you think was on the walkie Glenn or Rick????
  • DrFever100
    DrFever100 Posts: 5,899 Member
    Options
    My son yelled "Glenn" I am torn thinking it was Rick but wanting it to be Glenn.
  • kaylajane11
    Options
    Char231023 wrote: »
    Ok, Who did you think was on the walkie Glenn or Rick????

I think/hope it was Glenn. On Talking Dead they also speculated it could be the blonde guy from last night's episode, if Daryl's walkie talkie was left on his motorcycle.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Zombie thread...........................Last night's episode was OFF THE HOOK! Watching people step up and just take on the horde was cool! And kinda glad that Jennie and her brood are done!

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread...........................Last night's episode was OFF THE HOOK! Watching people step up and just take on the horde was cool! And kinda glad that Jennie and her brood are done!

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

lol my hubby was like"well rick just lost his piece of tail" lol
  • francomaerose
    francomaerose Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What a kickass opener for the mid-season premiere!! :o:s:'(B) a roller coaster of emotions. I was wound up the whole time. Cried when Glenn was sacrificing himself for Maggie, then crying of happiness when he was saved (I almost lost you again Glenn. Don't do that to me :'( )
    Line of the night, "Nobody gets to check out today". Eugene and the wimpy priest finally manned up.
    The real MVP - Darryl and that fire lake. He always takes the coolest moments. And accessories.
    In memory...Aww Rick's girlfriend. (I have a feeling they killed her off to make way for a romantic thing brewing with Michonne. Since she's the mom of Rick's kids now. So sweet when she kissed Carl's head to help Rick) Her boy though, sad but he kinda annoyed me. And the older kid that shot Carl, sorry but that was necessary. And last, in memory of Carl's eye. Better than being dead.
  • kaylajane11
    Options
    I loved Sunday's episode! From Daryl blowing up Negan's cronies at the beginning until the end it was awesome. Gotta say, I'm a little sad about Jessie dying but was pretty happy to see her kids killed off; couldn't stand either of those whiny little brats.

And it was so awesome seeing the Alexandrians (and Gabriel and Eugene) finally step up and defend themselves. It's about time!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    So who did Negan off? Not even that cast knows, but I'm going to take a stab at it being, Sasha.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    A lot of people are thinking it's Maggie because of some the actress's interest in doing movies.

I already saw the leaked Negan script and was really disappointed that they really went for a cliff hanger ending. It makes a really great moment in the comics feel cheap.

• xXxWhitneyxXx
    xXxWhitneyxXx Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I pray it was Eugene or Aaron, I haven't become overly attached to either of them. I think it could be Abe, he really grew on me and lots of others this season. Worst case it's Glenn or Daryl, that would seriously suck. What makes me think it isn't G or D is the cliff hanger ... doesn't make sense to kill off obvious fan favorites and not show it ... maybe that is just me and the way my funky brain works .. but I God, I hope im right lol
    We should all know it isn't a female character, if you watch that scene again you can hear Negan saying "he" about his victim. So the girls should be fine.