Do you find wearing gym wear encourages you?

Options

Replies

• lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    clgaram720 wrote: »
    Sinead1819 wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    To be honest I suppose it affects my decision making that my husband finds my workout gear...ahem...appealing

Haha. Yes, my husband seems to like mine too.

Thats it, I dont see why some girls wear overly revealing stuff! Nice to see ladies caring what their husbands think not randomers :) I only care what my boyfriend thinks look good, but I wonder if I feel like I look the part it will encourage my mentality and determination?

I'm gonna go with,

1. Because their idea of "revealing" is different than yours
    2. Because they don't have a problem with the female body and what it looks like
    3. And because they are probably a little tired of being told to cover up while men are allowed to walk around shirtless altogether and not be judged as though that means they desire sexual things from people or invite the judgement of their intentions.

I like you, @clgaram720 !
  • Sinead1819
    Sinead1819 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I do mean boob spilling out everywhere, totally impractical revealing from girls who literally go to the gym to pick up guys. I know a few!
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I do mean boob spilling out everywhere, totally impractical revealing from girls who literally go to the gym to pick up guys. I know a few!

Either I have never seen what you are talking about or your idea of revealing differs a lot from mine ;)
  • Sinead1819
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »

Either I have never seen what you are talking about or your idea of revealing differs a lot from mine ;)

You dont see them often but my gym is joined on to a school/sixth form so some decide that its a good way to get the boys to fancy them xD Thats what I don't get. Its a gym, not a club!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I love spandex. I wear bright colored leggings and tops. I'm very visible. If you don't like people noticing you, don't wear bright colors.
    I wouldn't say I 'like' people noticing me but I NEED them too because I run outside with my dog. She even has her own bright colored reflective vest!

2e5krit6dpmr.jpg

She motivates me more than any clothes ever will.

oh, i should get one for my four legged running partner. I have a reflective leash on my "need to get" list

new work out clothes motivate me because I feel like I'm successful in my efforts
  • lilyrunner
    lilyrunner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes it sure does! I exercise outdoors a lot, so I have different kinds for the weather. It is fun buying new items, and it does encourage me to keep going.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    lithezebra wrote: »
    clgaram720 wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    To be honest I suppose it affects my decision making that my husband finds my workout gear...ahem...appealing

Haha. Yes, my husband seems to like mine too.

Thats it, I dont see why some girls wear overly revealing stuff! Nice to see ladies caring what their husbands think not randomers :) I only care what my boyfriend thinks look good, but I wonder if I feel like I look the part it will encourage my mentality and determination?

I'm gonna go with,

1. Because their idea of "revealing" is different than yours
    2. Because they don't have a problem with the female body and what it looks like
    3. And because they are probably a little tired of being told to cover up while men are allowed to walk around shirtless altogether and not be judged as though that means they desire sexual things from people or invite the judgement of their intentions.

I like you, @clgaram720 !

Wow, if you like me in the middle of one of my feminist rants you must be a saint ;)
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    No
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Yup, I love wearing new workout clothes. Not my main motivation but it feels good to have something new after wearing the same outfits day in and day out- breaks up the routine. I dress up no matter where I go so I would be very uncomfortable wearing just sweatpants and a loose t-shirt to the gym. I'm a girly-girl and love fashion in general so not surprised it translates into my gym wear too.

I personally wouldn't wear a crop top but if you feel it will help your performance then do it!
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I have a bajillion race shirts, and wearing those motivates me. Especially the ones from the hard races. I remember what I was doing in those races, and it helps my mental focus.

I like wearing gym clothes, because they are more comfortable.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I always wear yoga/dance pants & the matching tank/bra or a suit, not just when I exercise. Therefore I wear it for style & function. I am on a strict budget so I even wear matching bikini sets as a bra & panties all year; otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford swimwear. The 1 thing that I can't stand about Victoria's Secret yoga pants with the rollover tops, is that besides the rollover part being available in multiple colors; the rest of the pants are just available in black. So if I wear a tank that covers over the rollover part (which I always do), I look as if I am wearing the same pair of pants everyday.

Lol at your ideas of a strict budget vs mine, which does not include shopping for yoga pants at Victoria's Secret or buying matching bras and panty sets from anywhere.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    The brighter the better for me too. I already attract attention due to my hair so If I have to wear workout clothes I want them to be as cute as possible (and still practical). I find liking my workout clothes helps motivate me, if I get new kit I am desperate to put it on, regardless of the fact I'm often the only that sees it as I don't use a gym.

I'm into fashion (although more vintage fashion for my regular clothing), so shoot me for my vanity. I am also hoping at some point to be able to wear shorts (chub rub) and crops because I have exercise induced panic and anxiety attacks, overheating exacerbates this so the less clothing the better! I doubt my boobs will ever be small enough to get away with just a crop though but I'd wear a cute crop over my sports bra, much like I did with cute leotards back in my dancing days.

At the end of the day, whatever works. If the gym bunnies are all dolled up good on them, if that what it takes to make them go to the gym and workout then that's good enough reason to me.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I always wear yoga/dance pants & the matching tank/bra or a suit, not just when I exercise. Therefore I wear it for style & function. I am on a strict budget so I even wear matching bikini sets as a bra & panties all year; otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford swimwear. The 1 thing that I can't stand about Victoria's Secret yoga pants with the rollover tops, is that besides the rollover part being available in multiple colors; the rest of the pants are just available in black. So if I wear a tank that covers over the rollover part (which I always do), I look as if I am wearing the same pair of pants everyday.

Lol at your ideas of a strict budget vs mine, which does not include shopping for yoga pants at Victoria's Secret or buying matching bras and panty sets from anywhere.

Yeah, not in a bad way, cause it's got nothing to do with you I'm broke, but lol from me too. My idea of fancy clothes shopping is the less worn stuff at Salvation Army instead of the "did she even wear underwear with these" sweats from Goodwill.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I've lost a bit more weight since these pics so will need to buy new leggings at least (starting to get a bit undies flashing with the weight of my running pouch) but I don't spend a lot. Orange leggings from Sainsburys (UK supermarket) in the sale, top from Lidl (yes, German supermarket chain Lidl). Other leggings from Sports Direct during a sale, top the same. I think they are both USA Pro, which FYI, make the best leggings ever. I spend my money on my running shoes (Asics but on sale too!) and sports bras.

6shimxrvipvc.jpg

nwvrexbmwu07.jpg

• Sinead1819
    Options
    Sports direct are great! Got a really good crop top (zero boob to spill over so looks more like a vest without the bottom half!) Only issue is getting it off over broad shoulders! xD
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options

Guys at the gym are generally hotter, so they have a point.
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Once I start wearing those active wears, it's really hard to turn back to my entire drawer of old, oversized shirts and sweatpants... They look much better and provide better support as well. I guess it's good that I'm just working out at home now, otherwise I can't stand myself wearing old clothes in public anymore :neutral:

And yes, it's certainly a motivation to me (and money pit too, lol).
  • Sinead1819
    edited November 2015
    Options
    lithezebra wrote: »

Guys at the gym are generally hotter, so they have a point.

Fair deal xD :')
  • LastingChanges
    LastingChanges Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Australians say tank tops too are least in my part of Australia. As camilacreme said, active wear is very popular in Australia as hanging out wear even amongst non-gym goers, so much so that someone made this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYRENWT8lz8

I would fit in very well in Australia, I love wearing active wear. Leggings especially the ones specifically for working out make my legs look like they are in so much better shape than what they really are and suck in my stomach bulge really well lol.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I'm too self-conscious for active wear. Bright colors? You're not going to find them in my wardrobe either. I think the entire reason I love yoga pants is that they are NOT too clingy , well not being super-baggy either, but leggings are not for me.