November 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• JohnONE29
    JohnONE29 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    November goal - 2 marathons (Madison & Philly), 200 miles, and running every 26 out of the 30 days.

11.01.15 - 5.1 m.
    11.02.15 - 0
    11.03.15 - 9.5 m.
    11.04.15 - 8 m.
    11.05.15 - 8 m.

November Races:
    11.08.15 - Madison Marathon
    11.22.15 - Philadelphia Marathon
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    11/1: 22 miles LR
    11/2: 5 miles recovery style
    11/3: XT: 15 miles indoor bike
    11/4: 10 miles
    11/5: 7 miles tempo run (am), 7.2 with the Thursday crew (pm)

Ran from my apartment to the running store for the group run because I left late, then two 3-ish mile loops with the group. Felt good and took it very conversational-easy pace; everyone was recapping recent races or talking about upcoming ones. Everyone in the group has been having a stellar season which is really exciting and gives me one more thing to be excited about come Thursdays: updates on everyone's races/training/tapers/etc!

51.2/150

exercise.png
  • CrimsonWhite
    CrimsonWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    10/2 5 miles
    10/3 3.5 miles
    10/5 5.5 miles
    Total of 14miles out of a goal of 50.
  • InCHarmsWay
    InCHarmsWay Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    4.6 miles tonight!

exercise.png[\img]
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    11/1 - 3.81 C25k W1 D3 (.73 + 2.32 + .76)
    11/2 - 5.78 walking lunch break + evening walk (3.3 + 2.48)
    11/3 - 2.99 C25k W2 D1 + continuation of lunch break (2.09 + .9)
    11/4 - 1.78 nice, easy, comfortable lunch walk.
    11/5 - 3.13 C25k W2 D2 + 180 spm practice (2.23 + .9)

I'm volunteering at the Pumpkin Pie 5k so that my registration for the Santa Stampede 5k will be free. I will find a 10k for late Jan/early Feb. AND I'm putting a team together to do the Colfax Marathon (Half for us) in mid-May. I have a sprint Tri at the beginning of August. I feel like these are reasonable and hopefully spread out enough to take care of any weaknesses I may find along the way. I'm so excited!!

exercise.png
  • runner_girl83
    runner_girl83 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    01-Nov: 5.26 km
    02-Nov: rest
    03-Nov: rest
    04-Nov: 5.18 km
    05-Nov: 4.02 km – 70% humidity but felt much higher.
    06-Nov: rest

Total: 14 / 110 km

Just looking at some races happening next year and these are some I am thinking about doing. Not sure if I will do all of them though there are more than I thought there would be! The marathon on Aug-07 offers a few races at various distances.. I'm not sure if I would be game enough to sign up for a HM, though if I do, that will probably be the one I chose to do. My friend was talking about doing it, so i'll build on distance a bit first and see how I feel in a month or two :)

*2016 races:
    06-Mar: 5 km – International Women's Day Fun Run
    20-Mar: 10 km – Twilight Running Festival road race
    08-May: 5 km – Mother's Day Classic road race
    22-May: 10 km – Rotary Fun Run
    05-Jun: 14 km – City2South road race
    07-Aug: 10 km – Brisbane Marathon Festival
    28-Aug: 10 km – Bridge to Brisbane
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    @shanaber

Yes I got back into it a year ago after 27 years off!
  • ameliasdanial213
    ameliasdanial213 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

Nov 4: 9.55 km
    Nov 5: 7.15 km
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Speaking of enabling...would I be crazy if I ran either a HM or full every month in 2016?

I'm fairly certain I'll do a full in May and was looking around for HMs and making a list of those that look appealing to me. I look at my list and I see a race for five of the first 6 months and the idea of a half or full each month suddenly sounded intriguing. The down side is that would be about $800 in race fees and more shirts than I can possibly wear. I also wonder if that's just too much wear & tear.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    6km 33:05
    Usually die after 3km so surprised at that!

Back to the pool tomorrow then will try to run three times a week.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    emmab0902 wrote: »
    @shanaber

Yes I got back into it a year ago after 27 years off!

That is awesome! I swam as a child and my daughter swam through HS and a bit in college. When she was on her club team I swam Masters for a while and have thought about getting back into it... Running has sucked me in though to the point of not having much time for anything else.
  • SerenityNow76
    SerenityNow76 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm newby runner trying to do a couple of running and gym sessions a week. I have about 20 kg to lose. I started doing park run a few weeks ago with my eldest son (10).

Stoshew71 I'm really enjoying the links.

exercise.png
  • tegantheaverage
    tegantheaverage Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    4/11 -- 5k (treadmill)
    5/11 -- 3k (road)
    6/11 -- 5k (treadmill)

exercise.png
  • MamaMollyT
    MamaMollyT Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Easy breezy four miles. Long trail run tomorrow and a 4AM wake up call.
    mgrhgwkjmi2l.jpeg

exercise.png

• dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, not posted recently as I've not been running :( I'm back in work after a shoulder op and haven't had time or motivation. I took today off just to run! ! It 's been two week since I last went so I thought I'd be slower. .... no way... its the fastest and furthest ever! !!cannot believe how much I've missed it! I think I ran further because I knew I'd used my annual leave and didn't want to waste it . You are all doing so well I keep track of what you are all up to... Inspirational :) have a great day wherever you are ☺
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Speaking of enabling...would I be crazy if I ran either a HM or full every month in 2016?

I'm fairly certain I'll do a full in May and was looking around for HMs and making a list of those that look appealing to me. I look at my list and I see a race for five of the first 6 months and the idea of a half or full each month suddenly sounded intriguing. The down side is that would be about $800 in race fees and more shirts than I can possibly wear. I also wonder if that's just too much wear & tear.

I love HMs as much as the next person, but I find that too many on the schedule interrupts my marathon training. You could do a spring full and fall full and put HMs on the other months, but then that's one week every month of race prep or travel or recovery if you race it hard. I think it's doable but you'll have to plan ahead to make it work with your marathon training. I usually stick to one or two HMs per season (did 2 this fall and that was overly busy for my taste, but they were also only 2 weeks apart) as tune ups and confidence boosters for my full.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    Nov 1 - rest
    Nov 2 - 3.2
    Nov 3 - 4.3
    Nov 4 - strength training
    Nov 5 - rest
    Nov 6 - 5.0 Had to loop in front of house to hit 5 exactly. ;) + strength training

exercise.png

@7lenny7 - That seems like a lot of running, but I defer to the more experienced runners on here.
    @MamaMollyT - beautiful picture!
    @karef -magpies! I watched that video - omg. I'd need a suit of armour if those things were around where I run.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options

1-0 miles
    2-3.72 miles
    3-4.86 miles-I think. Phone restarted during my run
    4-rest day
    5-sick day. was supposed to do another 4.5 but I have a hacking cough that makes breathing hard. Head colds I can run with; chest colds, not so much
    6-rest day.

tomorrow:long run

upcoming race: 8k turkey trot with cinnamon buns at the end

exercise.png

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »

I love HMs as much as the next person, but I find that too many on the schedule interrupts my marathon training. You could do a spring full and fall full and put HMs on the other months, but then that's one week every month of race prep or travel or recovery if you race it hard. I think it's doable but you'll have to plan ahead to make it work with your marathon training. I usually stick to one or two HMs per season (did 2 this fall and that was overly busy for my taste, but they were also only 2 weeks apart) as tune ups and confidence boosters for my full.

I agree with her. You are always preparing for a race or reverse tapering from one. You never get to the point where you are actually training and working on improving. If you use the HM's as training runs as opposed to racing them, then maybe you can do them a little more often. But i wouldn't do too many fulls in a year. 3 full marathons in a year would be considered a full schedule. I am doing only 1 a year myself until I BQ.

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for November

11/1 REST DAY
    11/2 10 miles - 10
    11/3 11 miles - 21
    11/4 4 miles - 25 << Recovery Day
    11/5 11 miles - 36 << Threshold Day
    11/6 6.2 miles - 42.2 << Recovery Day

exercise.png