Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)Rori, I love your comment "A great test of spiritual principles"......that describes my life today

:)Jenna, my first day on MFP, I planned my food for the day and logged it in my food diary and made the decision that I would eat nothing else, no matter how benign. I told my husband that I would accept no food that he offered me not matter what and I have stuck to that plan ever since.

:)DJ, our dermatologist seems to have a really long waiting time. My first time there I had to wait so long that I missed going to lunch with friends. She is such an awesome doctor that we didn't want to change so now we just plan to bring something to read while we wait and allow lots of time.

<3Sylvia, your bowls are beautiful...you are so talented and imaginative....sorry about Bruno giving you a black eye. :'(

smiley-happy026.gifChris, you have a beautiful dog and beautiful scenery.

Vicki, Happy Anniversary t4512.gif

<3Margaret, sorry to hear that you and DH have such challenging health care decisions to make

b0417.gif both my blenders broke beyond repair this week so we bought a new one....different and much more powerful.....it will take awhile to get used to it....since I make a shake at least once and often twice a day for meals, I really needed it and I'm not surprised that I wore out the others.

welcome.gif Pascale, you have come to the right place. You will find support and encouragement here and in no time will feel like part of the community

smiley-sleep012.gif Today I picked up the second foot splint so tonight I'll be sleeping with them on both feet. Since I sleep on my back, there aren't as bad as for someone who sleeps on their front or side. They seem to provide some relief to the pain in my legs and since it will be a long time until I find out what's wrong and treat it, I'm glad to have some short term solution.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washingtont116008.gif

My word for 2015 is "now"---I won't wallow in the past or waste time worrying about the future

146200.png
    “The secret of contentment is knowing how to enjoy what you have, and to be able to lose all desire for things beyond your reach."-- Yutang Lin
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    WOW! Finally found the Women 50+ November site. I was wondering what happened ... saw 11 pages and after I started reading from the beginning; I gave up and went to the page with today's date on. I'm sure I missed a lot; but, now here. Got a disturbing email from my DOS's wife; if something doesn't change soon, she is headed for a huge melt-down. She tried to start some mess between my DYS and his wife; it backfired on her. I 'think' that my DOS made her call and apologize for the several emails she had sent to my DYS's wife. I won't even attempt to justify myself by answering it. But, I did keep it and showed it to my DH. It really pissed him off; because none of the things she has accused us of, have we done. I've just been blown away by the things she wrote to me about. My son is correct when he told his Dad that he thought she had some mental issues. For the 1st time in as long as I can remember, I don't think that I am looking forward to Thanksgiving this year. I think it will be a bit more tension than I have bargained for, if this is truly the way she feels about me. I don't love one of my sons more than the other; I will admit to loving them equally but differently because they ARE different; and the same goes for my DsnL. This one doesn't think I care about her and she blasts it all over FB and other social networking sites she is on; I got off because the 'drama' was not good for my mental health (which is of the utmost importance to me). It's damn if you do; damn if you don't. I wanted to respond with "What brought this on ...?" But, felt I would be better off, letting my DH read it and go from there. It's not worth the hassle - it is a no-win situatio n. Please pray for us - it is a testy day ...

Cracker is a really wonderful dog!

Hey, Margaret's DH - get another MD - Margaret said we could say that. GET ANOTHER OPINION even 'if' you don't change MDs. I had a serious problem with a very mean-spirited MD who had the worst 'god-complex' of any MD I have ever gone to. She made it almost impossible for me to get my medical records sent to my own MDs. She had put a note on them that they were not to be released (to me). All I wanted was for them to be sent to my own MDs. I took her before the Composite State Board of Medical Examiners to even 'get my records' from this B****! Don't feel good about the situation there is absolutely nothing wrong with changing MDs. I did, and also took a copy of my 'file' I had compiled against this other one. He kept the records to make copies of them and when I went back to him he was just amazed that she did the things she did to me. I asked him what he would do if he was unable to get my medications straightened out and he told me that he would send me to a University Medical Center - either in Augusta or in Atlanta; but, he would NEVER even 'think' of sending me to a state-run mental facility. I know my issue and yours are not the same; but, make the change ... you'll find you AND Margaret will be better off knowing that mistakes won't be made and ignored.
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Ok, you need a little chuckle? I'm sitting in the lobby at the Y, waiting for the kids to finish gymnastics. I fell asleep, slid out of the chair and wound up on the floor. People were ready to call 911! So embarrassing! I'm going to bed the minute I get home.
  • bjkidfun
    bjkidfun Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    :)
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Lol
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    t4528.gif Vicki, happy anniversary

I just looked at my last post and realized that I'd clicked on the wrong picture....I wanted one that looked like a couple in love
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Pip, you have been such a good patient! I’m really proud of you and I’m sure you are ready to get that thing off.

DrKatie, I so agree!!! I don’t want my co-workers bringing their germs in to give to me.

Katla, I hope the painter shows up. Will keep fingers crossed for you.

Heather, glad you are feeling better. Your outfit sounds snazzy.

Sylvia, the bowls are fantastic. I know you are a pro but I’m really impressed. (later) OMG, it’s not funny that you slid off your chair at the Y, but it did make me laugh when I read your post. I would have been so embarrassed, too.

Kimses, some of the ladies have fancy scales that do all sorts of things. I just have a somewhat inexpensive digital scale and it works fine. I’d think almost any new one would work well. Good luck.

Carol in GA, I have always had coffee in the morning when doing fasting labs because I was told it’s okay. That was before, during and now after being diagnosed as diabetic. If you aren’t diabetic now and you eat right and exercise and aren’t overweight, I would think you are pretty safe. When I was diagnosed I was overweight. Well, Fat to be honest.

Vicki, were you a bad girl at work and being punished with those hours? smiley-happy018.gif
    Margaret, so sorry the news for DH wasn’t better. Keeping you both in my prayers.

Mindy, ya have me laffin’ at you scaring yourself out of going to the cellar to do the laundry. Not that I’m saying I would either. Enjoy the show.

Beth, did someone come and pull the hook out of your mouth??? Oh no. Don’t ya hate it when that happens?

Heather, have fun with your friends. I hope you don’t stay up too late. I’m glad you are feeling a bit better. (((Hugs)))

Barbie, so glad your new footwear is giving you some relief. I hope sleeping in two won’t be any worse than sleeping in just one.

I have gotten so sleepy in the past few minutes that I'm afraid I may fall out of my chair, so I'll just say good night, my friends.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of deep water class, then went to Bi-Lo. The plan for tomorrow is to do an advanced strength DVD

Went to the podiatrist. He's not completely convinced that it's a plantar wart, he did scrape off some callus and he wants to see how it is in a month (?). At that time if it isn't better (and I don't think it will be) he's thinking that he may have to cut part out and send it to the lab to see exactly what it is.

rori - sending good thoughts for your hubby

DJ - I think the gal who usually runs the mexican train just decided to call this turkey dominoes in honor of Thanksgiving. Basically, it's like chickenfoot only instead of having to satisfy a double three times, when you put down a double you roll a dice to see how many times it needs to be satisfied. It can be anywhere from 1 to 6 times. I just thought it was pretty "yuk" when you had to satisfy it 5 and 6 times. Also, there just isn't room for 6 more dominoes below the one you are satisfying. I think a fair number of people complained. A lot of people seemed to be willing to try it, but afterwards they didn't care for it. I said that if we ever play this again, I'll go (because I know Vince likes to go) but I'll sit in the other room with the gal's hubby.

Janet - yup, I just take the regular 7Up to WalMart and ask if I can exchange it for the diet. Actually, I exchanged it at Bi-lo. But at least I got what I wanted. Sometimes CVS has the diet, they didn't this time.

Went to ceramics tonight. I just might get that sign done by the end of the year. Then it's their problem to figure out how to get it in the kiln since it's so big. Maybe if they need to, we'll have to take it to South Carolina where I bought it.

Tomorrow I'm going to make these mac & cheese muffins to take to Jess this weekend and I'll also make pumpkin donuts.

Welcome everyone new

I was just saying "it's about time for Aldi to have avocado on sale" and guess what's on sale this week? After the podiatrist stopped at WalMart since Vince needed more milk and I needed gas

terri in Milwaukee - I hope you had a proper service for your coffee pot...lol

kimses - enjoy the soccer game

Sylvia - gorgeous bowls!!! LOL slipping out of your chair!

When I went to the podiatrist they took my blood pressure. I've never had it taken this way before. They put this thing on my wrist and had me told my hand up to my heart. Wonder if this is more accurate or not?

Margaret - (((HUGS))) for you and your hubby. It's good to get as much info as you can. I'm sure hubby will make the best decision possible

Oh, Lowe's food advertisese Duncan Hines can mix for $1 on "selected varieties". Well, I took the ad in to WalMart and since there isn't anything about what's excluded, I got angel food cake mix for $1! That stuff is NEVER on sale. Stopped at Lowe's tonight after ceramics and, sure enough the angel food cake mix isn't on sale

Lenora - lots of prayer for you

Michele in NC
  • mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    blqm7yt489ok.jpg
    Interesting pic from my trip to Conway NH. This is at Diana's Baths a series of waterfall s
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: I'm glad to know you're going to visit your friend all dressed up in clothes that would make an 18 year old jealous. Isn't it great to feel confident enough to do that! WTG! :bigsmile:

Sylvia: I love your bowls! You have a gift. I think the white ones with irregular edges are my favorites. :flowerforyou: I may have mentioned that I took a pottery course at the local community college years go. In 10 weeks I never managed to center my clay on the wheel. True. :embarassed:

TerriRichards: One of my first purchases when I started with MFP was a new digital scale. The old one was like one of those Magic 8 balls that you ask a question and a random answer appears. I would never have known what I weighed if I hadn't bought a better scale. :flowerforyou:

Margaret: You and your DH are in my prayers. :heart:

The painters came and our exterior window trim is all done! Neighbors who have had recent work done gave us their leftover paint and we had just enough for the job! We liked the quality of the work and have asked for a bid on our bedroom, too.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

November Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    I'm at my DMIL so not time to read or respond! Will be home tomorrow!

Have a great night everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Oh Sylvia, I had quite a laugh over you falling asleep and fallling out of your chair. I et the grands had quite a laugh also. have you and your DH ever discussed you selling your bowls to us girls????

Allsion, I really think you have the personality that if you didn't give of yourself as much as you do that you would feel disappointed in yourself. And that's OK to have that kind. This world takes a lot of differnet kinds of personalities. I guess if you didn't doo all that you do you would have to forgive yourself first for not doing it. But whatever you do, I love you. You are a good and kind soul. The world needs more of you.

I can't remember if I told you this morning or not but when we went to get this medicine that it was $526! So they are trying to get some sort of approval form the insurance for it to decrease the cost. And as to the question as tho whether he got it in the hospital. I was really worried about it when he was there since he was on so many antibiotics, 4 of them at one time. But he didn't and he had an increased amount of diarrhea at the rehab and they tested for c dif and it was negative. Charlie doens't liek the idea of him taking Clorox wipes out with him in a zip lock bag and cleaning the commode after he uses it wherever he goes. But I just told him that we don't know how many men are walking around Evansville right now with C Dif because of him not knowing.

DJ, did the painters do a good job?

Heather, have a good time in London even if you don't have your fancy shoes on. They love you for you and not your fashion.

Joyce, Indiana I sure can tell it is past midnight, my cat is very upset I am not in bed. She sleeps in my bed during the day, I don't know why she is so upset that I am not going to bed and therefore she can't.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Listening to an interview with Judy Collins…. I love her music, and she is singing acapella… wow she is in her 70’s and sounds amazing!

I am going to yoga, and the instructor is a guy, who I am thinking is kinda cute…

Pascale – welcome
    Heather – glad you are in a better place!
    Becca – I realize that memories change with time… it is not a factual issue, it is a point view issue…
    Sylvia - LOL falling out of the chair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November Goals -
    Attend yoga each wednesday evening
    Walk everyday –would like to see 160 miles
    continue counseling and hold my weight where it is as I deal with my current set of emotional issues
    weekly fun things
    W1 –
    W2-
    W3-
    W4
    Kim from N. California
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi there!
    Awake early - bit excited!
    Joyce - It's not my friends I'm bothered about, but we are going to a really posh place for dinner tonight. I have an eighteen minute walk each way to my friend's apartment for the meet up and drinks and then back for the dinner. Can't stagger that in any kind of heel. :'( I think my solution will work, just be a bit unconventional!
    Unfortunately it's going to be raining, so an umbrella is required. Drats!
    If it were further I'd get a taxi, but it's not quite far enough. Would feel an idiot saying, "Can you just go round the corner!"
    I have downloaded a couple of tv programmes for the train journey. :D One is about 4 yr olds. My DGS is four so it should be funny!
    I will have wifi at the hotel, so should be able to check in. :flowerforyou:

Love to all, Heather UK

:flowerforyou: Yeah! Just wanted to pop back in and tell you that I have lost my pesky pound! ! ! ! ! :drinker:
    I am now exactly at my target weight! I have been within one or two pounds of it for 22 months now. :D That pesky pound keeps coming and going and was proving hard to shake recently. It's gone! I will be careful up in London, but I know a drink or two will take me over calories. I'm exercising this morning so should have a few to spare.
    (For the newbies - I have lost 57 lbs )

• dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Made it through page 10 so almost caught up.

Chris - Nice looking walking partner. So Cute!

Sylvia - I'm sorry you have a black eye and are feeling achy. Feel better soon. I love your butterfly bowls.

Janetr - that is a cute baby.

Miriam - Happy for you. It will be nice if you can keep the girls connected with their brother.

Rori - I'm sorry to hear about your DH's health challenge. I wish he would let them check to see if it has spread.

Allison - Yes, make sure that you get that massage. Honey Lemon Tea sounds like a good thing. Treat yourself like you count because you do.

Heather - I have no doubt you will look smashing in your ankle boots and LBD

Went to the doc today. He ordered a lot of blood tests and now we wait for results. For now, I am just going to push myself on the exercise and getting sunshine. Also, going to push through it to make it through my shift at work. Wrong time of year for me to be out any length of time.

Spent some time with my sister. She walked with me today (this is like a miracle to me) then we had tea . I laugh because she has one china cup and that is what she makes my tea in everyone else has to do with a coffee mug.

Youngest DGD now has 2 ear infections and croup. Yeesh! I couldn't take her to her appointment because I was busy at mine. Still feeling guilty about that. Really I can't bring home croup though as DH still has stitches until the 10th. Pretty sure they don't want him coughing. Funny how her Mom (the famous SHE/HER) seems to be in no hurry to have that coffee with me now that she convinced my son to take her back.

Today I was taught about games on the Innotab by other DGD. Oldest DGD sent me a message via facebook about how much she loves me.

Way past bedtime, turning into a........pumpkin
    -Sharon
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    mollywhippet - love your bowls particularly the white pinched shape. Obviously you were so tired finishing them that you fell asleep with consequences!!

Everything still OK here. Did a little run with dog this morning before work. Same route as our usual walk but I had put on my sports bra so could run it instead. She wasn't happy because no time to stand and sniff!! One morning won't kill her.

DH brought me in more cake last night - ate two squares then put the rest back in box. He knows I've not eaten cake for over a year. He also knows that the last couple of months I have been eating some, which is why he brought me some. He asked didn't I like it to which I replied that I did, only wanted a little. He understands.
    He had wine, I didn't - jobdone.

Guy Fawkes Day here - fireworks everywhere tonight and dog is terrified of them. I'll be home a bit late than usual because of gym, so DH has been told to give her pills before I come home so hopefully they will calm her down before they start. She is the only dog I have ever had who has suffered like this - mainly because of next door neighbours who went crazy when she was six months old and were letting off fireworks for about 6 hours one night when I was in work. She has been better this year, but tonight will be horrendous for her. Just have to get through it.

Jenna
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options

Becca I do crossword and sudoku puzzles too. Our daily paper has five sudoku each day ranging from easy to difficult and I work my way through them. I think moving on from the past is a good strategy. Acknowledge it, but don't let it trap you in negativity. Easy to say, but I know from experience it is difficult to achieve.

Barbie Why is it that we seem to get spates of equipment failures. Nothing breaks for years and then, all of a sudden, everything goes kaput!

Grits Your DIL does seem to be a bit of a drama queen. Well done you for not making a hasty response. People like her seem to thrive on conflict. They are not happy people, and seem to resent it if others are happy.

Molly rotfl lmao at the thought of this. I hope you are well rested today.

Katla It's great that you finally got your windows painted and are happy with the result.

Heather Woo Hoo! That's brilliant. Have a great time with your friends. I would go with the unconventional in the shoe department. You could start a trend.

I woke up yesterday morning with a trapped nerve in my ankle and couldn't put weight on it for over 2 hours. Eventually manipulated it enough to be able to hobble about. Then all of a sudden it was fine again. It was tender for the rest of the day but seems fine this morning so I am of to my Dancing with DH. I may not be able to last to the end but at least I will make a start. This is my first dance class since I had my hip done.

9t99n3n36v5x.jpg

smiley-happy110.gif

:heart: (((Hugs))) and prayers for those who need them. :heart:

:star: Welcome to our Newbies! You will find a warm support team here! :star:

:star: Each one of us is a vital cog in an infinite universe. :star:
    We may not know our purpose, but each cog needs to be oiled and tended.

:heart: May peace and joy shine on your day! :heart:

smiley-happy110.gif

Irish Terri
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    To all facing physical challenges, hang in there, i feel your struggle and am sending support.

Sleep is my long lost friend, coffee keeps me going, sylvia i had to laugh about you falling out of that chair!

Crazy week of work and appointments but when i am outside i look at the sky and the remaining leaves and soak in the season, ahh indian summer!

Headed to a wonderful concert this evening and then into our FINAL college tour, this time in philadelphia. I grew up in philly and am looking forward to some great food (logged of course!) And a chance to buy my favorite coffee from old city roasters, the best!!!

Have a great day/weekend everyone.
    Karen from ny
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Sylvia - Thanks for sharing the picture of those gorgeous finished bowls. My favorites are the brown bowls with the irregular brushstrokes across them. So simple and elegant!

Margaret - My thoughts are with you and your husband in this difficult time. :heart:

Mindy - Glad to hear your daughter finally took the hint on bringing you food to show her love. Walking the dogs once a week and chatting is a much better way! Laughing into my coffee about you watching scary stuff and then not daring to go into the cellar to tend to the laundry. My childhood home had a creepy cellar with lots of spiders in it. Thanks for reminding me of it.
    Or maybe not :noway:
    Thanks also for the picture from Diana's Baths. That's good New Hampshire granite, that is! My father (who grew up in New Hampshire) considers granite to be the only real rock.
    Becca wrote: Want to get to Onederland so bad I can TASTE it :-) The most important thing I concentrate on is "Losing weight isn't my key to happiness, happiness is my key to losing weight".
    Hey Becca, does it taste good? What a fantastic weight loss aid that could be! Every time you think about Onederland that delicious flavor would spread through you, making you feel happy, and you'd lose weight.

Katla - Chuckling like crazy at your description of your old scale as a magic 8 ball that would give random answers. My scale works very well sometimes, showing consistently lower numbers over time. But occasionally it malfunctions and shows higher numbers for a while. Can't imagine what's wrong with it. ;) Hooray that the painters finally did their job!

I have a lot to get done before tomorrow, when we leave for Singapore via Stockholm (where we stop over to celebrate my grandson's 5th birthday). I will only have been at home for four days and they sure have been busy! Had a nice quiet dinner with my husband the first evening, but the second evening we had a friend over for dinner (after the doctor's appointment and before Lindy Hop), and yesterday evening we went out to dinner with another friend (before choir rehearsal). Tonight our friend the minister hopes to meet us for dinner with his visitor, a minister whose church is in a depressed area in London. This is her third visit to Svalbard. She came here a couple years ago for a book project and fell in love with the place (as so many do).

I will never forget our excursion to a nearby ice cave. An ice cave is essentially just a hole under a glacier, usually carved out by meltwater. You descend into these holes and then follow the tortuous watercourse as far as it goes (or as far as you dare). In the summer, ice caves are dangerous because meltwater upstream can eat through an ice barrier and the cave can fill with water in minutes. But we visited in the dead of winter and went a few hundred meters in under the glacier. Most of the time we could walk upright but in one place there was only a crawl space between the gravel and the overlying ice. Not even crawl space, actually. More of a wriggle-forward-on-your-belly space. If it hadn't been possible to see the far end of the narrow bit I wouldn't have made it past. Even so, the adrenalin was pumping and I had to take deep breaths to ward off panic.

But it was worth it because ice caves are beautiful. The walls are often covered with crystals that sparkle in the light of your headlamps. In other places you can see annual layers of alternating clear and white ice. When our little group of spelunkers had gone as far as we could, we stopped and turned off our headlamps. The darkness was absolute. It's obviously cold between those walls of ice, but there's no wind, and we were dressed for it, so it was quite comfortable. After a while, those who wanted sang a song into the darkness.

Such memories... Maybe we should have dinner with them tonight after all.
    /Penny at the emoticon-object-026.gif