WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Today I start cleaning the house for Thanksgiving with family. Need to wash the dog; hope she won't put up much of a fight and will let me do it in the bath, inside the house. Seems like we are due for our first freeze; need to get plants back into the greenhouse. Ones on the deck with go into the partially glassed-in porch off the MBR. Guess I will somehow have to cover the screen door that has not yet been replaced with Kraft paper so the cold air won't get to them. Sent my 'journal' to my PsycheMD along with DDnL#1's crappy email to me, so that we can work on how to deal with her 'drama' so that it won't get to me quite as bad as it seems to get to me. "Drama Queen" who constantly keeps things stirred up. None of my business if she does this to others; but, it really matters to me when she brings it home.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »

8f2xt9s1zqc3.jpg

Kim, this is awesome....I agree that there will be a market for these if you pursue it

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,722 Member
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Betty - I hope the chao slows down and goes away for you!

Grits - it sounds like you have a lot of work to do. Getting ready for winter can be a chore. I hope things go well with your daughter.

Today I am going to do my StrongLifts 5X5 then continue painting. We really love the wood now that it is painted it looks so much nicer. Before it felt like we were living in a wooden box! A lot of people in northern Minnesota love knotty pine. I used to as well. It is a cabin feeling that people are looking for. I think it is the next best thing to the log cabin. We might leave the upper level Knottypine because it is a different type of wood in actually looks really nice. We will just need to seal it with polyurethane.

Have a great day everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Kim - What a great idea to pursue your own designs! Great stuff! :flowerforyou:

Barbie - It must be quite awful for you to feel this much in pain. Pain so brings me down. :'( (((HUGS))))

Katla - all your arrangements for the holidays make me feel tired, but I'm sure it will go swimmingly. They are people you like and love. <3

Mary - oooouuuffff! What a lot of work! You must be very strong. Or determined. Or both, probably. :flowerforyou: :smile:

Hope all those with aches and pains feel better soon. <3

This afternoon DH and I tackled ANOTHER Christmas pudding to replace the one when the glass bowl broke. I made a smaller one and found a steamer I have never used at the back of a cupboard, so it all looks promising. Only 3 hrs steaming for this one. :D
    I had a bit of dried fruit left over so I'm also making an Allbran loaf. The easiest thing in the world and very tasty. DH likes it for tea, with butter. :laugh:

I had yoga this morning and felt ten years younger after the exchange yesterday. My aches and pains are much better. :) Long may it continue, but I expect I shall find something else to worry about before long. :laugh:
    Tomorrow we will have to collect together a few cardboard boxes to put crockery etc in. It's only going to be junked, but it's got to go in something. Hope there's not too much stuff in the loft. Never been up there. :embarassed:

Love to all. Alison - Hope your thinking time goes well. You are important. :love:

Heather UK
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies,

Pip, from here it doesn’t look like the bike had any damage? bike2.gif Sure wish Kirby looked as good. smiley-laughing018.gif

Katla, I took Nexium for years and have been able to drop it since I lost weight and no problems in 4 months.

Penny, I’ve had many outfits over the years that shrunk in the closet when I wasn’t looking. My plan is that it will never happen again. please.gif

Barbie, I love the quote on forgiveness. I just hate that you are still having so much trouble with your legs. Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way.

Mary, I don’t envy you all the painting. When I was younger I rather enjoyed it but I’m just over it at this point in my life. We hired someone to paint our interior a couple of years ago and they did a terrible job. I’m somewhat of a perfectionist so I didn’t get paint on the trim and ceiling but this person did. Grrrrrrr

Sharon, that is the way I have felt with all our rain; just want to bury myself under the blankets. smiley-sleep012.gif How wonderful that you and DGD had a good time together.

Joyce, it’s not me that is traveling to Kentucky but would love to meet up with you if I were. I hope you are able to help your DS. It is strange how different the same app can look on different devices. pcwhack.gif

Allison, I don’t blame you for trying to stay out of the tiff at work. Good move! I hope you can enjoy your time alone while Tom is gone. (((Hugs)))

Beth, good for you on staying on track. Sometimes it’s nice to have something to concentrate on when all around us is a little crazy.

Kim, beautiful horse!

It really rained all night. badday.gif The good news is that it should move out around noon today and be dry for the next 4 or 5 days. It’s back to line dancing this afternoon. After missing last week, it seems like I haven’t been in a very long time. I’m really looking forward to it.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Heather - so glad you got all that paperwork out-of-the-way and can finally relax! You might find some hidden treasures in the loft!

DJ - even though the painting is a lot of work I am also a perfectionist so I would not trust anybody to do as good of job. I did think about getting a sprayer but my DH thought that it would get too much paint in the air.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Kim, I can see that horse being used several different ways. You could do it on the back of a jacket, or smaller on the chest of the jacket, like where a monogram would go. Of on a sweat shirt. You could take the Christmas element off on some so it could be a year-round thing. Or, you could offer personalization, with a name either of the owner or the horse. It's a beautiful image. I think embroidered clothing items sell for a premium, too. Don't sell it short. Research online what things are going for.

I'm sitting in the waiting room...waiting. No trouble getting up here. It was actually a nice drive. Listened to Stephanie Plum book 3 all the way.

More later,

Sylvia
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Morning peeps-
    Sorry I haven't been responding to much of the posts. Right now waiting for my doc 3c how the shoulder is doing
  • pipcd34
    Options
    New Shoulder X-ray. Looks like the bone is fusing together. I will c what he says when he comes in.

n2b5v5g9x6u9.jpeg
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Beth --- thanks! There is some cold out there now that just lingers on and on. Thankfully I am just down to a bit of congestion and a lingering cough.
    Anybody up for an adult child problem? DD2 whom I have not seen for 2 years since she is broke and moved halfway around the world to be with a guy called and needed a legal document sent RIGHT AWAY (of course) to fulfill her permanent residency requirements. So DH and I did not complain or cry but dutifully went and spent a bunch of money to have it sent even though we were not crazy about sending such a thing through the mail and even though it put me back in an emotional tailspin. Yesterday we messaged because it looked like they tried to deliver it and failed. Said she loved me and had not been eating or sleeping well, etc. and she would pick it up....well today DH gets the official note that it finally got delivered/picked up. She knows we would like to hear this from her personally, but no sound as of yet. We did teach her the magic words of please and thank you, but today I feel a lot like a doormat only not so skinny. Waiting one more day to see if she remembers how to say thank you...Trying so hard to maintain a relationship and will always love her like crazy but some days I get so tired of the struggle. Everybody else thinks she is so "happy" but not eating and not sleeping does not indicate happiness to me. I can tell she is homesick but she will only admit it in the most roundabout way, because of course she is in love and all her energies must go to that.
    Thank God I finally have a good therapist for all this...sorry for the rant...life will go on and somehow this will all get worked out...7z6ov17padsq.jpg

Betty WNY
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Mary ... I think you were referring to my chaos! Thanks!

I'm Beth in WNY
    We have a Betty in WNY too!

I'm near Buffalo and Betty I believe is near Rochester.

Easy to confuse.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Mary ... I think you were referring to my chaos! Thanks!

I'm Beth in WNY
    We have a Betty in WNY too!

I'm near Buffalo and Betty I believe is near Rochester.

Easy to confuse.

You are right! I hope everything is better now!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday ! ! !

Grits – I don’t fully understand, but I have been a part of some similar situations. All my Mom’s siblings and their kids have “disowned” me, because I refused to tolerate toxic behavior from one of them. I don’t miss them even a tiny bit, and I finally understand how my Mom used to go weeks not speaking to them because of a fight. They just no longer matter to me, and I have become fully aware that I “Can’t Fix Stupid”. (When my sister died in my home, my cousin called and said “What the he11 happened” and I asked her to apologize). // Regarding being old enough to “know better” for your grandkids, there is no definite age that it will or did happen. My DD is 24 already, and she still thinks I abused her and her Dad is a saint (until her bipolar swings a different direction when he says the wrong thing, then he is the devil and she comes running to me to be saved. Just keep loving everyone you can, and ignoring that hook ! ! !

My supervisor decided that I need to clean and organize my desk today, and we spent several hours already this morning. Then I worked out for a while, ate lunch, and now I’m supposed to be making labels for everything so she can come back up here and help me more. This is WAY too much stress for 1 day. At least she finally realized I can’t do it without help. So please accept my apology for being unable to read and respond today. Hugs for everyone, because I need the hugs back.

Terri in Milwaukee
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sharon in Lethbridge: We seldom get snow and when we do it is like a giant holiday. Going out on the roads is brutal because people don't know how to drive in snow. Being snug inside and watching the flakes fall is a rare treat around here. :flowerforyou:

Beth: You're wise to work on staying on track one day at a time. I'm sorry about the chaotic household events. :flowerforyou:

Heather: My arrangements for the holidays make be feel tired, too. I hope to create a good attitude and stick to it. :ohwell: :smiley:

Sylvia: I loved listening to the early Stephanie Plum audio books. Then I had a few years of not liking the audios, and the last book I checked out from the library was a hoot. It was not an audio, though. :flowerforyou:

Pip: The xray looks great to my untrained eye. Good luck. :heart:

I had my blood work done this morning and then went to spin class. I hope the numbers turn out to show improvement. To improve, the calcium will need to have gone down to a level that is healthy and does not risk cardiac problems. I am hoping the Vitamin D3 is at a good level. Those are the two items that I've been trying to improve.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

November Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Good Tuesday to all. Yesterday was sunny & nice,so off I went to return a couple things.Wasn't able to find a purse I liked,but did get a billfold that is mainly a card carrier.Now to sort & put them where they belong.

SIL still teases,asking me if I have bought a new purse lately (because 2 were returned).Do admit to being fussy about purses & no way I will keep one if it doesn't work for me.Today is gray & damp....perfect for being inside.Had a remote added to our gas fireplace....DH is a happy camper.Old one required someone to get on the floor to do it.Wasn't gonna be me :s

My "Christmas"cactus was setting buds in Sept.....kind of confused.Have a couple pics to share.Also have a small yellow cactus about ready to bloom.

Made a soup pot full of beef veggie soup,smells yummy....for supper today.Tomorrow is Veterans Day,so we'll be going to parade & brfast.....then dinner out. Time to move....have a nice day .Pat

iwz7d1c1gzm3.jpeg

gr9be03vy0bv.jpeg

• miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I, too, am a perfectionist about painting, and have been sorely disappointed with the "professional" paint job I got done on my upper story. I did the lower one myself, outside, and do all the interior painting too. It takes me a long time, but it is done right. Washed, patched, primed, painted. Not just slapping paint on a dirty surface, so it won't stay. I have been known to wash, patch, prime, repatch, reprime and paint. Once you get a coat of primer on old plaster walls, more dents and holes show up. I do NOT try to make my plaster walls look perfectly smooth. To me the beauty in them is the hand crafted aspect of real plaster walls.

Mary, a sprayer is great for getting the paint on to the walls, but it is really important to then brush or roll the paint. It adheres better than when just sprayed on. Many spray only jobs only last a few years. Your biggest investment in painting is the labor- either paid or your own- so it is worth it to do the job right so it doesn't have to be redone as soon.

I have been running since 6 this morning, getting kids ready to go to a neighbor's house to wait for time to go to school, then taking my brain injured friend in to the Dental college for a cleaning, then taking my son to town o shop at Walmart's, then picking up my daughter's meds at the local pharmacy. Each trip was half an hour each way, so I have spent over two hours just driving. I had to do all this today since my car goes in for an oil change, etc. tomorrow.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Pat - lovely flowers! Makes the heart lift!

The pudding has survived this time! :D The Allbran cake looks good too. :) I have been neglecting the home baking recently with my "can't be bothered " attitude. Thankfully I feel MUCH better today. Normally I love to make things for DH so he feels cared for. <3 I can see he appreciates my change of mood.

We had omelette tonight. Sounds a bit boring, but I buy 10 packs at a time from Merchant Gourmet of their porcini mushrooms, which I mix with seasoned spring onion and garlic, lightly melted, and some half fat creme fraiche. Fill the omelette with that. Makes an almost instant and delicious dinner. We had heaps of broccoli with it. :D I calculate 375 cals, using almost no oil in a non stick pan.

Tonight is the Great Pottery Throw Down. I am recording it as it's the last episode of "Lewis".

Today I got myself on Amazon as I have free trial Prime until the 28th. Bought 4 presents, so that's good to tick off the "to do" list. :drinker: Getting there. We are away in France for the run up to Christmas, so need to get stuff done ahead. Including Christmas cards. Also got to clear the kitchen for the painter while we are away. :) Lots of putting things in boxes ahead of us. Also trying to arrange meet ups with various family members we won't be seeing at Christmas. Complicated diary filling. :grumble:

Love to all. I haven't taken any pain killers today, Kim. ;)

Heather UK
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Heather - your omelette sounds yummy! And I am so happy to hear that your DH is getting his treats! It reminded me that I need to make my DH his favorite treat, lemon bars. Just because I am on this journey does not mean I have to force him to comply with all of my healthiness. He does so much for me that a little goodie now and then is something that he really deserves.

<3

Mary from Minnesota