WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    govssonvucos.jpg

:) Hello to all my wonderful friends. I am plugging along with a lot of pain and tingling in my legs in spite of the prescription from the doctor. Just like so many of you with pain and challenges, I am taking it one day at a time. I have read all the posts and cheered and cried with you. I appreciate having you in my life.

<3 Barbie
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Miriam and Gayle, I have a couple of hundred pieces just sitting around not listed. Weiss, Hobe, Carnegie, Trifari, Coro, Napier, Tullia Both, and Eisenberg to name a few plus many unsigned. When I retired from teaching in 2007, I started listing on my Dh's account and then started my own. At first it was lots of fun but over the past year I have lost interest and just dabble. My best find ever was two sets of Pools of Light rock crystal necklaces and earrings in their original boxes from the 1920's. I am hoping that someday the market will open up again for good sales. Right now, I think folks are loving the imported from China fancy stuff that you see in many of the antique malls and department stores. Please forgive if this is too much info.

Do you still have??? They say the economy is better but I'm not seeing it. Gayle Minneapolis
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Hi Barbiecat - love the sign. I'm trying to deal with 'forgiveness - so that their behavior does not destroy my life. That's been hard to do sometimes. Gee, I wish I could get this thread to show up for me in the community without having to make a new icon on my desktop. That is such a pain it the fanny!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Barbie - so sorry that you are still struggling with the pain and tingling. Praying and sending good thots that they can get to the bottom of the cause and get you some relief.

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,722 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Pip – the bike looks great – you’d never guess! So is Good Sam closer to home than where Kirby is now? I can only think that St. Joe’s thinks he is getting better too quick and they will not get enough insurance money….

Good plan on the bike, and if they can give you an estimate the crud who hit Kirby’s insurance should have to pay.

Joyce – C.diff is nothing to play around with a friend had it and was in isolation at the hospital for 5 days… I think staying home while not fun is the appropriate thing to do.

So I have been working on things for the craft faire and will post pictures in time, but today did the front of a pillow and it came out better than I hoped so am posting a picture of the embroidery, this was done on my machine and is about 7inches x 7 inches… So you who are into horses should I make more than one of these? and as a 14 inch square pillow how much would you spend?

Smiles Kim
    November Goals -
    Attend yoga each wednesday evening
    Walk everyday –would like to see 160 miles
    continue counseling and hold my weight where it is as I deal with my current set of emotional issues
    weekly fun things
    W1 – football – we won! Working on craft show crafts
    W2-
    W3-
    W4
    Kim from N. California
    8f2xt9s1zqc3.jpg

- is that Good Sam hospital is further away from hom, bout 11 or more miles, st joes would have been a lot closer. When rocky was alive I used to volunteer there and take him to go visit patients in the rehab floor. Rocky is the dog in my profile pic
    + is that I work in the town where the hospital is
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    FINALLY ... got my thread to work like is supposed to be doing - so I only have to log in once to get to all of it. Food Diary and Community.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    - I am going to show someone I know that is really into horses and ask. Beautiful work by the way
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kim: I think there would be an active market for your horse among horse crazy girls and the adults who want put a smile on their faces. I can see the horses framed, or as pillows. A sentimental parent or grandparent might give the little girl in their life a horse to dream on. :flowerforyou:
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Barbie - I hope they get to the bottom of your pain. I love the forgiveness quote. Nice way to think about it.

Kim - my DD would love a pillow with the horse embroidered on it. I don't know how much someone would pay for it though. I looked them up on line and they were 20-30 dollars. Embroidered ones were $30. You do such beautiful work!

Pip - I'm sorry that Kirby will be further from home. Hopefully he will soon be home where he belongs.

Grits - glad that you figured out how to get MFP to work for you. What a relief!

Kimses2 - M&M's how dangerous is that!

Katla - thanks for the feedback. She thinks she might have gallbladder problems.

We got the living and dining room primed. That was a chore! I had to use a paint brush to get into all of the groves. I figure I have 4-5 more days until I get done with it.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Baby sat DGD this a.m. so that DD could help Larry on a job. He shouldn't be working yet but the man has never listened to medical advice. Tomorrow he gets his staples out. DGD and I had a fantastic time with play doh. All kinds of things were built.
    I didn't stray far from the house today. The snow coming down just made me want to bury myself under the blankets.
    Back to work tomorrow.
    -Sharon in Lethbridge
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Pip, hope the bike is fixable. Although the bike may hold bad memories for Kirby and difficult to ride. I really don't see that though. Both you and him have such positive energy.

I haven't had any 'issues' this evening or night at all. My family doc said one time that I have IBS, not IBD but just syndrome. I have symptoms but they are so off and on that it didn't warrant a diagnosis. So I think I just had a bad bowel afternoon only. So I will go to lunch with the ladies. My sister is very technologically challenged and her husband bought this $49 RCA tablet last year for Christmas. It looks nothing like my computer, laptop or iPad so when she calls asking me for help it is so hard to help. Her question tonight was how do you request a friend on Facebook? i was hoping that once you get to a person's face book page it would look the same as on my laptop but apparently it doesn't. So after lunch I will hop on over there.

I did some face book stalking today on my ex son in law. He has gotten pretty fat since they divorced. He is divorced again. His new wife cheated on him. Now he can understand what he made my daughter go through.

I can't remember if it is Katla or DJ who is traveling to Kentucky for the holidays. What part of Kentucky? If it is close maybe we can meet up???? I live in extreme southwestern Indiana, right on the Indiana/Illinois/Kentucky border.

Joyce, Indiana
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies~
    yesterday was an ok day...we have a dead tree that we left up at work down near the inlet.. for the eagles,herons and osprey to land on..
    well our land lady gave the ok to have it cut down.. the people that rent the upstairs asked for it to be cut..
    now you know both the troll and Diane are making it very difficult for them upstairs.. well the troll finally had a bit of karma come back to her yesterday..
    the landladies sister called and chewed her out a new one, that was sort of inappropriate , because all Mary posted was where will the Eagles land now..
    but all the scuttlebutt that Mary and Diane have stirred up with Kim upstairs and Lisa(landlady) has to referee.has come to bite them in the butt.. Texted Kim and told her I am staying out of all this stuff.. when I work the weekend after next I have to get a gift certificate for my DSIL for her Birthday.
    today is crazy at work, I will be lucky to get lunch today..
    Tom is Tom~ going along just thinking this is the way things are supposed to be..
    things just going along normally but nothing to do with emotions,no love.. except to the dogs of course.
    he will be gone for 10 days so he will have time by himself to figure out things..
    and Yes I will have time to figure out what I want too..
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Kim, love the embroidered horse. You are so talented!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,096 Member
    Options
    Kim beautiful horse.

Joyce continued prayers for you and Charlie.

Pip prayers for your and Kirby. Bike looks good considering what happened.

Heather congrats on the exchange!

:heart: Margaret
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    govssonvucos.jpg
    <3 Barbie

:)<3

Cheri in rainy NE Ohio
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Barbie... Sorry you're still struggling with pain.

Kim ... 19.99 - 29.99 ... Depending on how much embroidery I would think. But I'm cheap. I saw quite a few online in the $60 range ... too rich for my blood even if they are priced appropriate.

Pip ... Glad to hear Kirby is mending quickly. You take care not to undo your mending!

Miriam ... Interesting information regarding bipolar.

Margaret ... Thinking about you and your husband.

Betty ... There is some horrible crud floating around our area already ... Seems to take several weeks to start feeling better. Hang in there.

Rori ... Thinking of you and your husband also.

Events in my household have been chaotic. Trying not to become overwhelmed .... Staying on track is a challenge right now, but working at it day by day.

Beth in WNY
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    FINALLY ... got my thread to work like is supposed to be doing - so I only have to log in once to get to all of it. Food Diary and Community.

:):) I knew you would keep on trying until you figured it out... :)