Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    k67bg9tswk22.jpg
    jiugxr8b02at.jpg
    I am experimenting with posting pictures. The saying was from Swedesberg and the flowers were from my garden.
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Barbie: You never fail to inspire. I'm sure you'll turn lemons into lemonade with your modified fitness regime.

Pip! Hohoho! Love seeing pix of all your visiting elves.

Miriam: Get well. ((hugs))

Not going to make my weekly goal of burning 2500 calories in the gym this week. Came up about 300 cals short. Between the day at surgery center and travelling, I missed one day too many of my workouts. Will try to make it up next week.

Stay well. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,154 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hope y'all had a super Sunday!

Up to date with reading posts but too tired to comment. Type to you tomorrow. Nightie, night!

:heart: Healing thoughts and prayers to those who need them! :heart:

:sunglasses: Welcome to our Newbies. Sit a spell! :sunglasses:

:star: Each one of us is a vital cog in an infinite universe. :star:
    We may not know our purpose, but each cog needs to be oiled and tended.

:heart: May peace and joy shine on your day! :heart:

Irish Terri harp.gif
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    I just had a screaming fit at Tom outside and I dont care who heard me.. I try and not swear or use the F word... but I called him every name in the book and then some.. also told him he could divorce me if he wanted to,but I would take him to the Fn bank...
    I didnt have the car I drive clean enough for him so when we got back from the store he takes the shop vac outside and starts vacuming the car..
    well I have a small boom box that was given to me, in case the one I got his dad didnt work.. he took it out of the car and flung it out onto the lawn and it broke all over the place..
    that is when I went all sorts of balistic on him, he comes in and apologizes.

Allison....He needs to replace the boom box he destroyed, PERIOD. No excuses. Be careful and stay out of the path of his temper. This worries me a lot.

❤️Rosie
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Pip, what a wonderful group of friends to celebrate Kirby's homecoming and start the holidays the right way....nothing can keep you guys down!
    Stay safe and cozy to all of you facing the first big snow!
    Karen from snowless ny
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Pip: what wonderful friends, great homecoming!! If they want to do more decorating send to Minnesota. Gayle Minneapolis
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,558 Member
    Options

Their handiwork
    2rjcr9spa66g.jpeg
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Hello again. We just took the kids home. I'm tired.

My son called about noon and said he had a screaming fit - melt down at the kids during which he tore off his oxygen then had oxygen deprivation (gee, you think?) And nearly died. They finally got his oxygen back on him and he came back around, then took some anti anxiety meds, and was very spaced out, so he wouldn't be coming for dinner today. I was so mad at him I could have chewed glass. I'm completely losing any sympathy for him. Can you just imaging what memories those kids are going to have after he passes. If he wanted to back out of coming for dinner there were easier ways.

So, I went to get the kids and bring them to our house. My turkey dinner turned out very well, I thought. I love the turkey roaster! It was so moist and tender. The turkey...not the roaster.

I can't figure out how to post pics from this darned phone. My wifi is still not working.

Good night everyone.

Sylvia
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, I sure wish things were going better for you!
    Pip and Kirby, that was a wonderful thing the co workers did!
    Miriam, get better soon.
    And Margaret I think that saying is going to be my new motto!
    Betty ROC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    my heart is with you whippet, i'm so sorry

very active day, about a dozen of his co-workers came and put up the lights. another co-worker that couldn't make it for that came over later w/fresh baked cinnamon bread, another came over later with beer and hard cider for me. truly blessed
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,350 Member
    Options
    Sat. did Preventions 400 calorie fix DVD that I got for free. Not bad. Today I did an hour of yogalates for Weight Loss. OK DVD. I'm sure they put the "weight loss" in for sales. The plan for tomorrow is either to do some yoga or else a Butt Bible DVD, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class. The guy who is going to do some landscaping for us is supposed to be here tomorrow, then we go to senior bowling, then ceramics in the evening. Vince thinks he'll be gone by 12, I'm not so sure, so we might not go to bowling.

Watched episodes 4-8 of Downton Abbey today with a friend of mine. I'd just gotten #8, interesting things happening..... that's all I'll say.

Went to TSO concert last night. Ladies: miracles DO happen. Ken (not Lynette) paid for the parking (it went up to $15) and for dinner. Amazing. this is the first year in all the years we've gone together that they've paid for dinner. Unfortunately, one of the elevators was out of order. Not sure why Lynette was so insistent that we had to use the elevator, Ken was willing to walk down the stairs. Colby enjoyed himself

Made brownies to take to Jess, wasn't crazy about the first ones I made so I made some others that I'd made before. Then made some corn muffins to take up. Jess was going to see a friend of hers who is a vet in Asheville, they were going to meet in Morganton so I made a chocolate pudding pie for her to take with her. I also made one for us

Syliva - hope Bruno is better. What a thing to wake up to! Hope you had a good time on the tour. Update: That tour sounds really really neat.

Beth - I can't believe how different my grocery cart looks today. when the kids were little, I just can't get over how many boxed fish sticks/mac & cheese/etc. I bought.

Miriam - so glad you are home now! Wish you didn't have to go thru all the antibiotics, tho

barbie - did I miss something (not unusual!)? Did they find the cause of the pain/tingling in your legs and what did they do?

Welcome everyone new!

katla - I'm not really "into" gadgets, either. I like my watch (I know, I'm an old foggie...I use a watch and not my cell phone). I guess if the "gadget" was small and did the features of a watch, HRM, tells me how many calories I've burned, need to be waterproof (not water resistant), I can change the batteries, I might consider it. but that's dreaming. Safe travels

Say...does anyone (mary's hubby or mayabe Heather?) know a good way to easily cut up a butternut squash? I put it in the microwave and then used a potato peeler to get some of the skin off, only the peeler also took off one of my fingernails. I'll grow back in, it's just WAY short. So does anyone have any special ways that they are able to easily take the seeds out and the skin off but the squash remains firm?

Heather - For some reason, I thought you were a vegetarian!

Last night I ordered the crab cakes and asked that they be broiled. When I told the waitress that I'd called and they said they could do that, she didn't know that they could! Then I ordered the steamed veges and a plain baked potato. I don't understand why restaurants do this (yes I can guess. It's so that you get thirsty and order more drinks <higher profit>) but they put salt on the outside of the baked potato! I put the potato in my napkin and wiped most of it off.

pip - so sorry it wasn't the fuse and you will have to wait to get it looked at. What wonderful friends you have!

Lisa - yea for you coming out even on the table at the fair. Do you know that in the 8 years we've been down here, I've never once been in a Sonic? And I really don't have any desire to go. Never been to a Bojangles either or Checkers

Heather - I mostly cook from scratch, too. As a matter of fact, if I have something that is store bought, I usualy don't enjoy it very much.

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    :)Michele, I still don't have a diagnosis of what is really wrong except that the nerve conduction test said that there are nerves in my legs that aren't functioning right but my muscles are OK....the results will go to my primary care doctor and I'll see her next week or the week after to see what the next step should be. So far, no one has said I shouldn't be active so I keep doing what I can (with the help of ibuprofen for the pain) and take life one day at a time. I decided to go back to my weight training because I'd sort of forgotten that I stopped when there was something going on with my back. The chiropractor dealt with my back issue and my back is fine. When I do a plank, I can't hold it as long because my legs hurt after about two minutes....today I did two planks---two minutes and then one minute.
  • bjkidfun
    bjkidfun Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    :)
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Mia – just came across your comment “Sigh. I’m now on page 38 of 40 and don’t just want to skip everything and start anew on page 40. I know no one would fault me for it. I just really enjoy reading what everyone shares here even when I don’t comment on every single post. Off to a meeting so will continue to play catch up later.” And I feel the exact same way!!!

Heather – good job on getting the banking sorted out – I know paper work is not your favorite. Happy Anniversary - and while is yet a few days have fun in france.

Pip – WOW!!! How nice of your family - Oh not the heater!!! Kirby looks great! –

Miriam – take care!!! **Later*** Glad you are home, sorry to hear about the hospital visit…..How did the kids do without you?

Beth – I get on my roof, but I am very careful, with someone below as security most times, my cell with me if not.

Joyce – there is a little cup you can buy for the Kuerig that you can put coffee in, I don’t have one but a friend does and says cleaning and filling the cup is a pain…

Soraya – while weighing every 2 weeks is great, if it is part of the lose/gain wave, would it be worth weighing every week for even a short while to break the routine?

A couple of you are using CRS and I can tell it is a memory thing, but what does it stand for?

Alison - Take care – any one who breaks someone else’s property because of a teen being stupid has a weird sense of right and wrong in my humble opinion….

I read and read --- and only commented a little, take care one and all!!!
    So I was keeping up and loving it, but it was because the biz was slow – suddenly it picked up big time and there went my available time. I want both – a busy business and time for all I want to do; that is a day dream!

This new computer with windows 10 is very hard to get used to and seems to do some random things…

So as many of you know holidays are hard for me, I decided to volunteer at a community dinner, it will be a new adventure, but after I made that commitment, I got invited to dinner at a friend’s, I was disappointed but a commitment is a commitment, and a few days later I was glad, as I talked to my Mom – she does the holiday for my brother, his ex-wife, his son (her grandson) and the ex-wife’s young son – I don’t go –My brother has anger management issues and has 2 domestic felonys for beating me – so not a safe place for me. But this year my brother is going to friends for thanksgiving, and grandson is visiting an elementary school friend – my Dbrother just didn’t mention to mom that she’d be alone. So she is coming up here, I will volunteer and then come home and we will have dinner together. So glad! Mom and I are not big turkey fans, so since it will just be the 2 of us, I am doing BBQ’d oysters and some veggies…

I did go to a friend’s early thanksgiving yesterday and I bought the dessert, apple streusel, a persimmon ice cream pie and a pecan pie, I did have a small slice of pecan – and brought home empty plates – a total win!

I had a terrible thing happen last week, I walked the dog, then gardened for 4 hours at a client’s and changed my clothes at her house so I could go do errands, as I changed I realized I did not have on my fitbit. I am so addicted to my fitbit…. I dumped out the 4 yard waste cans I had filled and sorted through it with no success – I re-walked the dog walk – nothing! I am so so sad. I was taking out seasonal plants and digging compost into the beds, I may have “planted” my fitbit. I will talk to my mom over Thanksgiving about maybe her getting me one for Christmas, especially if I can locate one of the $49 ones… (thanks for the lead on that!)

Well I need to get a bit more work done and my lap top needs to be plugged in… good night all

November Goals -
    Attend yoga each wednesday evening
    Walk everyday –would like to see 160 miles
    continue counseling and hold my weight where it is as I deal with my current set of emotional issues
    weekly fun things
    W1 – football – we won! Working on craft show crafts
    W2-
    W3-
    W4
    Kim from N. California
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,754 Member
    Options
    Lenora ... I did not get on the roof ... Husband has since repaired with some sort of tar/cement that may or may not hold now that it is snowing.

Kim ... You had no plans and now have plenty to do on Thanksgiving! That's how it always seems to work.

Sylvia ... So sorry son allowed his problems to upset his children.

Off to bed. Praying younger son makes it to school tomorrow .... His migraines are taking control of his life again ... Sigh.

Beth
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    szmpnhsdbxih.jpeg
    mxeyyfe8413t.jpeg

Beautiful!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,121 Member
    Options
    Sylvia - (((hugs)))

Pip - they did such a nice job!

Michele- slice the top and bottom off of the squash, poke holes in the squash, microwave for 3 1/2 minutes and then peel with a paring knife or a vegetable peeler. Do you happen to have a recipe for orange Mandarin Jell-O with whipped cream in it? So what happened with the other batch of brownies?

Kim - that is too bad about your fit bit. I hope it is either found or you get it for Christmas.

Beth - praying for your son!

Have a great night everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Lenora, I hardly think that Carol nor I have Hydrocephalous or if we do then nearly everyone I know over the age of 50 has it. If you don’t suffer from CRS you are in the majority. But I find it’s great because I get to meet new people and see new movies all the time. smiley-laughing025.gif

Allison, maybe Tom can just buy a new boom box if DFIL needs another one. Good for you on blowing off a little steam. I do hope you get over it so you can relax. ((((Hugs))))

Crazie, welcome. It’s never too late to join in. This is a great place for support and information. Tell us a little about yourself so we can get to know you. We also ask that you sign each post with the name you like to be called and a location, general or specific.

Heather, my mother used to make mince meat pies. It reminds me of prunes.

Gayle, sorry about DH’s fall. I hope he’s okay and it doesn’t get infected. Are you talking about the format on here? If so, I didn’t notice.

Miriam, good grief. I’m so sorry that you were that bad. I hope all is better now. That will teach you to be mean to those cats. Take care.

Barbie, good for you on starting back with the weights, no matter how light they are. You are the bomb!

Pip
    , it looks like the helpers had a good time. How nice of them to come help with the Christmas lights. Hope you and Kirby are staying warm.

Margaret, the pictures look good. I like the saying.

Rori, you could just eat a few less calories for a couple of days to make up for the missed exercise. I think you are doing great!!!

IrishTerri, hope you get a good night’s rest.

Sylvia, so sorry about your DS. It was probably a good day for the kids to be out of the house for a while and I’m sure the dinner was good. Glad you like the roaster. It sounds cool.

MicheleNC, congrats on getting the meal and parking paid for. It sounds like it’s about time.

Kim, sorry to hear you lost your FitBit. I do hope Santa will bring you a new one. CRS=Can't Remember S41&.

Beth, sorry DS is having the migraines again.

Pip, the house looks great all lit up.

I got an email ad from Steinmart for a one day sale on a purse I wanted so I went shopping today. It is really bigger than I was looking for but has everything I wanted in it and for $16.99 I couldn’t turn it down. I ended up watching two Christmas movies today. And now I see it’s midnight so time to hit the hay.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    The bite happened when one cat was about to jump on another (outdoor cats that don't get along) and I put my foot between them to break up the fight. I think Romeo thought my foot was the other cat. I wish I had gotten a photo at the worst. I will try to get one now. My entire foot and ankle swelled up and the ankle and toes could not move. The tendon from the big toe is infected, and I will have trouble weight bearing for 6-8 weeks. Have to use a walker. I was on IV antibiotics for three solid days, plus once in the er thursday. Have to keep it elevated. The pain level was a ten out of ten, especially when I hung it over the bed and then had to stand on it to go to the bathroom.