Options

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    terri_mom wrote: »
    Working hard ? ! ?
    0glvztwc1hgs.jpeg

Love it! Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for your friendship!
    Becca
  • Annr
    Options
    I have been having fun reading messages from you all! To friends that have missed my request, I am asking friends on here if you wish to send me a photo that shows your face (your face should be about the size of a quarter or a wee bit bigger) Pip you have to show Kirby in yours... then send them to me. I am doing a felt advent calendar, and normally I put my extended families pictures on it, but this year I want to put you all as my extended family. As a celebration of our friendship :-) Just send me a message request for my address so you can send it. I don't wish to post my addy on here because its kind of open. Thanks again friends.
    Hope you all have a safe Thanksgiving! Know that I am thankful for our friendship...that is for sure!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Did an hour workout in the water today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a strength training DVD.

Made the triple chocolate cheesecake to take to Jess then made the meringue for the sweet potato casserole. In a way, I seem to have lost my taste for something sweet. However, my desire for fats still hasn't squelched. I HAD to try some of the cheesecake.

No, Mary, - you didn't mention the parchment paper. However, after I made the pumpkin cheesecake I used it on the bottom of the triple chocolate cheesecake that I'll take to Jess tomorrow. We'll be leaving for Jess's tomorrow so I know that I won't be able to check the forum. If I can, I may post on my newsfeed. Feel free to repost anything here since not everyone gets it.

Kim - I only made the meringue, I didn't bake it. I figure I'll bake it when I get to Jess' on Friday. I guess if worse comes to worse, I can always scrape it off. I do have to say, the meringue wasn't bad at all. Butternut Apple bisque soup sounds great!

Julie and Frances - welcome back!

drkatiebug - what a neat arrangement! I'm sure everyone will love it

Gloria - in, out, in, out, ommmmmm.........

We just loaded the car with as much as we could to go to Jess'. Tomorrow we'll put the food that I'm taking to her in along with the food that I'm taking for me. Almost forgot to take containers for leftovers. Well, she asked if we could bring up any popcorn that we have extra. We put the popcorn on two of the trees and we think we have enough for the third. If there's any left over, I'll take the strung popcorn to Jess along with the unstrung popcorn.

Rori - sending good thoughts for your husband

katla - so glad you made it safe and had such a good time with your friend. It's so neat to catch up with old friends, isn't it?

Joyce - what good news about Charlie

Gloria - good wishes being sent to you

terri - LOVE your crochet, especially the towel. Is it hard to make? I'd love to do something like that for us.

pip - so glad you didn't fall. That would have just been horrible

DJ - SCORE on that pocketbook. I didn't know Cosco sold gasoline, but that's probably because we don't have a Cosco near us. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever been in one! I know the one time I went to Sam's and saw that they had this BIG Cookie Cake. Now who in their right mind would want two large cookies with a big layer of icing between them???? Talk about turning me off! I'm not a big ham eater, too much sodium for me. I'd rather chicken or pork. I will eat beef, but not a whole lot.

I, too, am thankful for all the wonderful ladies on here. Whenever I have a question, my first thought is "what would my MFP friends say?"

terri - loved that turkey, did you make the costume?

Linda - we told you this MFP thing works!!! Thanks for confirming this for us.

Becca - it's not that I don't want to part with the original pic, it's more that I don't HAVE it. Most of my pics are taken with the digital camera and then transferred to the computer.

For the crafters out there - can you think of another type of Christmas tree skirt that I can make? I've made two crochet ones, a latch hook, I'm not crazy about felt/glitter ones since I know that the cats would have the glitter all over the place. Is there another type that I can make?

Michele in NC
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    My wifi is fixed!!! Oh, happiness!
  • Annr
    Options
    Just had to state, that during this time of year, I am thankful for you all. MFP friends have most definitely helped me lose these 26 lbs! This is the first time that during a weight loss journey I have put info honestly out there. To my family, and friends it feels wonderful to be honest, upfront, and accountable. To be perfectly imperfect is refreshing. In this world where how you are perceived seems the up most importance, I challenge everyone to just do what is good for you. Do not let the world define you. I heard a saying the other day, "choose your words and actions, like you would choose what to wear from your closet". Get rid of the clutter that clogs your mind. Truly then, when you open your heart and mind, can you let it become a vacuum. That is when all the love, grace and goodness just rushes in! (the concept is from the movie, "Eat, Pray, Love"....which I just watched... lol)

Becca
  • Annr
    Options
    @exermom I am jealous!! I have tried to post all my pictures but I have 5+ albums of 31 years, 25+ different homes, and its exhausting to even ponder!

Becca
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Well here it is Wednesday all ready. Hope all those celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow are not getting all stressed out. I work 6-5:30 today and then6-4:30 tomorrow. We had our dinner last Sunday at DD's and after work tomorrow we are invited to DS's but sounds like the weather is to get nasty so would be happy just to stay home.
    I am off Friday, so going to watch several of the DGC so their parents can go shopping. I got all our gifts ordered on line so happy to just stay home. Have a couple projects for the DGC and I to do.

I am only on top of page 44 so will do what I can the next couple days to catch up. I have really been fighting the dumps and not sure why.

Becca--Every year DH will bring me calanders and I make one for each of the DK's family so they have all the birthdays, Ann and all family events.

Sylvia--You outhouse tour sounds like a lot of fun. My grandparents had one and even after they got one inside grandpa would only use the outhouse.

Margaret--If you figure out how to share your pictures from windows 10 please let me know. Last summer we had no problem sharing but not now.

Allison--HUGS!! I wish you lived closer as I would have you come stay with me. You are welcome to come anytime.

miriam--WOW!! glad you are back home. Please take care.

pip--Looks like Kirby has a great group of co-workers. Just wish someone could get your heat working.

It has been one heck of a day. Our patient count started out high and had lots of dismissals and admits. Guess the full moon might of had something to do with it. I only made it to the bottom of page 47. Start again tomorrow. Ladies have a very good Thanksgiving and stay warm and safe.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I also am thankful for all of you this year. 19 pounds down from last year this time, which I did not believe would be possible. Went shopping for some new clothes today and was able to turn my nose up at some of the styles that I felt forced into before! No more obese sized items.
    I then went to the Y. Feels good to punch in a lower weight on the machine.
    Thanks to you all for your support and jokes and information! Still on the journey and have more pounds to go, but I am okay with it being a journey and for the first time ever the destination is not foremost in my mind!
    Michele, I have a pieced together tree skirt that I made a long time ago. There might be patterns at a cloth store.
    Happy Thanksgiving!!!
    Betty ROC
  • Annr
    Options
    Hmmm someone posted an option on a tree skirt, because they didn't want to do a felt one with the glitter being too enticing with her cat.....but I couldn't find the post on who posted it.....lol
    Well here is a video of our quilted tree skirt. Last years video I think.... Don't listen...I sound like I am 12...sheeesh..

th_2013%20tree_zpsjk7yh5hx.mp4

Becca
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Michele - sorry! I meant to tell you to use parchment paper :o glad that you were able to get it out! I'll do that( reposting). Have fun!

I also want to mention that I am very thankful for everyone of you! You have given me support through this journey as well as my personal life. I am so glad that I found this thread. Barbie, I especially want to thank you for taking your time to post this thread so everyone can come together here.

Happy Thanksgiving!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Annr
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Last night I watched "Eat, Pray, Love" and cried like a baby... Its a great story about finding your path, in life, love and how you fit into the world. Some great words from the movie:

'Sometimes you have to be unbalanced in love, to be balanced in life.'
    (my take on that) I have to be willing to take chances with trust, and feel the feelings.

'Put on your thoughts and feelings, like you put on your clothes in the morning. When you declutter your mind to all the junk you let in all that light and love. Then grace and love rushes in....'
    (my take on that) I choose how I feel. Feelings are messy, but in the end, I feel cleansed. I try to not let worry have a hold on me.

Rent this movie!
    Becca
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm back from London! Train connections went to the wire, :* but it all worked out ok in the end! :)
    Had a great meet up with DH'S #2 daughter, his sister and her boyfriend. Restaurant food was nice enough, music was a bit boomy, but the company was grand. B) Glad we made the effort.
    I even managed to do nearly all my exercises this morning and walked around a LOT in London, so exercise calories came to 740. I did have a few drinks and some bread, but I left nearly all the fries so I only went over for the day by 96 calories. !?!?!?

Just want to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving and hope it isn't too arduous tomorrow. :flowerforyou: Relax and enjoy! I too am hugely grateful for all you wonderful women who keep me going every day and are my conscience as well as my friends and support. I definitely don't cheat as often these days as I feel you all on my shoulders. :D<3
    By the way, that pesky pound needs losing again. :*:'(

Love to all. Heather UK
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Hello beautiful ladies :flowerforyou:

I wish I had the time to get on here everyday, I miss spending time with all of you :'( . I try to pop in and read everyday, but sometimes it just doesn`t happen.

Pip :) I`m glad Kirby is home, and yes, he still looks HOT!!! So glad you didn`t fall today :# !!!

Mary :) My goodness you are certainly a little busy bee with all you`ve been doing! Would you like to come and help me when you`re finished with your home?

Rori :) Sending you and DH the very best of wishes for the Dr. appt.!

Vicki :) I hope you feel better soon <3 ! Be careful in the icy weather!!!

Sylvia :) Grandma of the year o:) !!! You are the best thing that has happened to those beautiful children!

Gloria :) Wishing you the best of luck on the interview!!!

JanetR :) I sure hope you`re feeling better!!!

DJ :) I have to plan a trip to the beach just to meet you! I would love to be there and go to the line dancing class with you...what fun!!!! I`m so very sorry about your precious Max :'( !

Margaret :) Hope DH is doing okay. I keep you both in my prayers!

Ladies, I think the world of each and every one of you <3! This thread has been in my life for a long time, what a difference it made with my weight loss. I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving, and for those not celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow, I wish a very happy Thursday!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in NC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Dee Dee - I don't think I will ever be finished! I will let you know when I am done LOL

Mary from Minnesota
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Pip34 - I posted on FB this morning, "last day of driving the beast then back to bike riding on Monday!" one of my nephews replied (I know he was just typing out of concern) "Stop the bike riding for sakes! U saw what happened?"

it rubbed me the wrong way. I replied

"R u kidding me? Its like saying u got in a car accident, are u going to stop driving???? that's what we do, you drive, I ride"

He is concerned about you and has seen what happened to Kirby; don't you think maybe you should have waited before replying 'if it rubbed you the wrong way'? There's a lot of time I have had to hold my tongue after someone has posted something that rubbed me the wrong way, even on this particular site. Bicyclist are really not protected against a vehicle. Motorcyclist aren't either - one reason my Daddy told me he'd whip me within an inch of my life if I ever got on a murder machine. For years I rode a bicycle for exercise and people act like bicyclist are suppose to either be on the sidewalk; or ride against the traffic, so 'they' can see a car coming. Even with shoulders just to the right of a white outer line isn't very safe when you have the draft of a car coming up behind you and passing you. I was in 'great' shape, rode it everyday; but, now it is hanging on a hook in our utility room. Actually, I would like to buy one of those things that holds the tire so it can be a stationary bike. Not sure where I would put it since we have downsized.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    grits - i do understand where he was coming (as i initially commented) from. but i definitely don't regret waiting before i responded and am happy with my response. had i waited, i would have thought of a lot more to say which would have been worse.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    t113016.gifWe got up extra early so we could watch our DVR recording of the Dancing With the Stars finale. Then I went to line dance class where we danced 15 of our favorite dances with only a few brief reviews. After all that we were happy to take a nap after lunch with the pets. My legs were extra achy today and I think it may have been because of more than two hours of riding the exercise bike and also doing weight training yesterday so I'm going to take it easy tomorrow so I'll be able to teach my dance class on Friday.

<3Pip, I'm sure that a lot of people are going to think you're crazy or foolhardy to go back to bike riding after Kirby's accident. It's probably a normal response, but if everyone who knew someone who was in a car crash stopped driving or riding in a car, our roads would be pretty empty.

<3drkatie, that pepperoni and cheese turkey is an inspired idea....not everyone would be as accommodating to a family member with special needs.

:)terri, great turkey costume

m1276.gif I am truly grateful for having all of you in my life. I have been posting on this thread for a long time and can't imagine my life without all of you.

<3 Barbie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    barbiecat - very true, that was my point. i could have gone on and on. after 3 marriages, two failed and one due to loss, does that mean i should never get married again? i have experienced, NEVER say never
  • phyllis115
    phyllis115 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving

Barbie-Thanks for the offer to help me with posting graphics. I’ll be in touch.
    I loved the video. Sounds like some of the people who will be at my table. LOL

Kimses in MA- Love the picture of you struggling with the same habits. Funny, it looks like me though.

Sylvia- Loved the outhouse pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Gloria-Prayers for Alexander. How's he doing ?

Welcome Elaine !

Dr.Katiebug- I love the turkey. Such a cute idea.

I am also Thankful for MFP and all of you. I have learned so much from each of you.

I am ready to host Thanksgiving dinner. I left the sweet potatoes off the menu. I'm the only one who really eats them and I don't need to eat a whole pan of sweet potatoes. I went to a local restaurant and purchased 2 pieces of pumpkin pie for myself. One for Thursday and one for Friday. Usually, I purchase a whole pie but again, no one eats the pumpkin pie but me. My nephew and his wife always bring several desserts and the rest of my family prefers those to "plain old pumpkin pie." Thanks to all of the great tips I've read from you I'm confident that I can enjoy a meal without going completely overboard with calories. I even told my sister to bring her gym shoes, weather permitting we'll go for a walk after dinner and talk instead of sitting on the couch talking. If we accomplish this walk, it'll be a great NSV for me.

Hugs and prayers to those who need them. If you're traveling, BE SAFE.

Phyl in Cincy :)
  • Annr
    Options
    Tomorrow my husband, son and I will visit our local community center and have Thanksgiving there :-) A chance to see neighbors, have one plateful of goodness, pie and coffee and wonderful conversation. Hope everyone has a nice day!
    Becca