Gym Pet PEEVES

Options

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    People who are too focused on what other people are doing at the gym rather than just working out and minding their own business.

^ This. I don't completely ignore what is going on around me, but I'm there to work and that deserves my focus.
  • rdzilla
    rdzilla Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    The day you can pick up 500lbs without a sound is the day you can complain about grunters. Until then myob

This.
  • carakit
    carakit Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is when people use the gym as a social club. I dont mind you standing around talking just get off the equipment when you do it that way others can workout!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

3) People who sit at a weights machine doing nothing but blocking other people from using it (particularly when combined with #1)
    3-A) People who sit at a weights machine READING THE NEWSPAPER while others want to use the machine.

• Jennjo322
    Jennjo322 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    People who are too focused on what other people are doing at the gym rather than just working out and minding their own business.

Ouch.. Guess we are not among the "gym elite" yeesh!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options

It's ok...

This is why I work out at home. Personally? I don't care how loud you grunt, how heavy you lift, or stuff like that, but not wiping down machines when you're done? Exceeding the max time limit on the cardio equipment, because, you know, you're the ONLY one in the facility and the rest of us don't matter? A little common courtesy goes a long way. :wink:
  • ParrosFan
    ParrosFan Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I take classes so my peeves are different that all of yours. People who come in 5-10 minutes late and stand directly in front of me (where there isn't really room). I get there a few minutes early, or at least on time to get a spot I want and now you've just messed that up for me.

Also in class, when Zumba is pretty crowded, people who move around like there is no one else in class, so when they are backing up, they dont look behind them and end up stepping on the person in back of them. C'mon people just take a peek around to see if you have the room you think you do.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I know, I shouldn't be worried about what anyone else is doing, but when someone is sitting on a machine texting... I want to backhand them. The too much cologne/perfume thing is a big deal to me too, because sometimes you CAN'T ignore that.

7396232.png
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: For the love of humanity!!!!! PLEASE stop Putting that treadmill on a ridiculous incline only to hold on to the display and or bars for dear life because its just too much for you to handle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please just goat a flatter incline and dont hold on to the bars and or display and give yourself an honest workout!!:devil:
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Spiders.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    People who think the gym is a bar and are there to socialize and not work out.
    The several older people who sit on equipment and just read for hours.
    The old men who hang around the sauna in their hand towels around their waists talking about their hemorrhoids while I am squished in the corner
    I really hate when people leave their weights on the floor and just walk away like its someone else's job to re-rack.
    Oh I could go on!
  • Mjhnbgff
    Mjhnbgff Posts: 112
    Options
    People who don't re-rack! There is one notorious member at my gym who likes to work out with a ton of plates and he NEVER re-racks. The floor trainers hate him because they have to re-rack and pick up after people throughout the day, but I don't understand why no one ever says anything to him. Seriously, how hard is it to put the weights away when you're done? I understanding forgetting once in a while but some people purposely just walk away after their workout and then I have to waste my precious time looking for the weights I need or re-racking the barbells before I can begin my workout.

Other than not re-racking, I really don't care what other people at the gym do. You want to work out in full makeup and a sports bra? More power to you. I don't care. Just re-rack the weights when you're done.
  • jesuison
    jesuison Posts: 34
    Options

People who have no idea how to lift, go in and pick up the light dumbbells do 3 reps and then walk on the treadmill and watch tv.. REALLY??REALLY??

I am a little confused by this. What is annoying about that? Sorry, but that's really judgmental. I understand hygiene, but things like this is why a lot of people don't like going to the gym, because they are afraid of being judged. A lot of people don't know where to start, but at least they are trying.
  • abbylg1983
    abbylg1983 Posts: 177 Member
    Options

People who have no idea how to lift, go in and pick up the light dumbbells do 3 reps and then walk on the treadmill and watch tv.. REALLY??REALLY??

I am a little confused by this. What is annoying about that? Sorry, but that's really judgmental. I understand hygiene, but things like this is why a lot of people don't like going to the gym, because they are afraid of being judged. A lot of people don't know where to start, but at least they are trying.

Totally agree. That came off as very snobby to me. It's one thing to be annoyed by someone going over the time limit when there's a line or using a popular piece of equipment as a chaise lounge, but to be offended by someone else's workout routine?? Totally not the same.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

Yeah... Most of the "gym elite" are too busy working out to stand around and judge the rest of the gym.
  • pkbryant28
    pkbryant28 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Also in class, when Zumba is pretty crowded, people who move around like there is no one else in class, so when they are backing up, they dont look behind them and end up stepping on the person in back of them. C'mon people just take a peek around to see if you have the room you think you do.

Or when the people around you (in Zumba) do not do the traveling moves so it prevents you from doing them as well because you have no where to go.
  • pkbryant28
    pkbryant28 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

That is me, I attempt to go to the weight room but I have no clue what to do and always regress back over the treadmill where I am comfortable.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Another one of these posts.
  • mariliak
    mariliak Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Girls that come to the gym with full make up and hair from the hair dressers perfect like they are going to the wedding and get on the treadmill and walk slowly for 30 minutes talking to their friends , Its a gym not americas next top model catwalk . Jesus !
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    People who sit on Nautilus machines and read. That's what LIBRARIES are for. If you aren't actively working out, go home!

BIGGEST PET PEEVE:
    People who FART when they are running on the treadmill. Enough to know you over and kill you.