Gym Pet PEEVES

Options

Replies

• singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    When the cardio room is almost empty and someone takes the machine right next to me. Buffer zones are an unwritten rule.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    for everyone complaining about deodorant is actually REAAALLLYYY bad for your skin when you wear deodorant and sweat an excessive amount, youre not meant to wear deodorant when working out.

this isnt really something that is someone elses fault but it really puts me off when someone on the treadmill next to me goes at a difference pace, really throws me off but i cant really tell them to get off or change pace haha :laugh:
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    1-I hate when people do not wipe down the machines after they have sweated on them for an hour.
    2-The women that make sure their hair and make-up are done before they do work out
    3-The woman personal trainer at the gym, she will tell someone what to do, then go outside and have a smoke and come back in. She will go out 3-4 times in the hour. Drives me nuts!
  • rachiefofo
    rachiefofo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I hate when people don't rerack !!! ugh drives me insane! We had very strict lifting rules in college and this included mandatory reracking, and putting things back where they belong, and no ipods/phones/etc., and when anyone said the word "can't" or "cussed" 50 body weight squats for EVERYONE!!!

I wish people were more conscious of these types of pet peeves at the gym!

oh and smelly B.O.!! gross!
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    1. People who decide to have conversations while sitting a machine while not using it.
    2. People who hog multiple machines and then have a cow when you move in on "their machine".

On the subject of using few reps of light weights (dumbells or lighter plates) I have no issue with that. Not everyone knows how to use them properly or cares to bulk up. I go to a gym that is decently bodybuilder type heavy and I stick out like a sore thumb using the lighter weights and plates but I don't care.
  • HSokol
    HSokol Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    1) the people that go on one weight machine for like 20 minutes with like a solid 3 minutes in between each pull they do. It's like hunny you just sitting there on the machine does not mean you're exercising
    2) the teeny weeny little girls who go on the elliptical/ treadmill for like 10 minutes at like resistance level 20 or whatever. It's like yeah sweetie we know you're skinny and you don't necessarily need to be there, but you don't need to show off/ rub it in.
    3) Girls who go in full hair and makeup- Where do you think you are? It used to happen all the time at my old gym, but i'm at Lucille Roberts now so no one cares bc it's all women.
  • HSokol
    HSokol Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    When the cardio room is almost empty and someone takes the machine right next to me. Buffer zones are an unwritten rule.

Omg this happened to me the other day and i got so annoyed!!! I finished up qucik on my elliptical and when straight to weight lifting. haha
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I don't have a lot of gym peeves as I really just focus on myself. My peeves would be the few things that make that tough – being on the cardio equipment next to an obvious smoker or someone wearing perfume/cologne to the gym; guys that sit around on the equipment, rarely actually using the equipment, talking about protein or whatever the broscience crowd talks about. As long as everyone is respectful of everyone else's needs and rights to the space and equipment, I'm cool.
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    People who think the gym is a fashion/gun show and are afraid to sweat. If your not there to work out, go somewhere else.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

People who have no idea how to lift, go in and pick up the light dumbbells do 3 reps and then walk on the treadmill and watch tv.. REALLY??REALLY??

I understand this. I have never done this but understand it. Some people would like to start lifting weights but have never done so. So they attempt but feel stupid and so they leave. I know about this because I ALWAYS watch a video before I even attempt so I do not make this mistake.
  • lcchrt
    lcchrt Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    People who use my gyms ONE squat rack for everything.... I had to wait forty five minutes yesterday for this dude to finish his "deadlifts" that actually were him just lifting the bar inches off the ground and yelling each time. Same guy then went to the assisted pull up machine and his buddy was physically lifting the knee platform for the dude.

If your confused about how to use a machine just ask!! Lol it's better than getting hurt or breaking a machine.
  • RND627
    RND627 Posts: 1
    Options
    When you do not wipe down the machines.
  • smacmillan86
    smacmillan86 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    People who are too focused on what other people are doing at the gym rather than just working out and minding their own business.

^^this
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    1. People who wear too much perfume.
    2. People who wear NO deoderant.
    3. People who pass gas (obviously). It is nasty. Go to the restroom.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    People who have a conversation in between sets while you are waiting to get on...
    People who lift wayyyy too heavy then grunt so loudly you have to look their way to make sure they didn't drop on the floor.
    Rest periods for high exertion lifting can exceed 3-4 minutes.
    Grunting is a perfectly normal response to placing your body under a lot of stress or making an effort outside of your comfort zone.
    People who have no idea how to lift, go in and pick up the light dumbbells do 3 reps and then walk on the treadmill and watch tv.. REALLY??REALLY??
    Pot, kettle, etc.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Perfume and cologne.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    People who are too focused on what other people are doing at the gym rather than just working out and minding their own business.

This right here...

Mind your own damn business
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    People who use my gyms ONE squat rack for everything.... I had to wait forty five minutes yesterday for this dude to finish his "deadlifts" that actually were him just lifting the bar inches off the ground and yelling each time. Same guy then went to the assisted pull up machine and his buddy was physically lifting the knee platform for the dude.

If your confused about how to use a machine just ask!! Lol it's better than getting hurt or breaking a machine.

This made me laugh!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: For the love of humanity!!!!! PLEASE stop Putting that treadmill on a ridiculous incline only to hold on to the display and or bars for dear life because its just too much for you to handle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please just goat a flatter incline and dont hold on to the bars and or display and give yourself an honest workout!!:devil:

For real! what up with that!
  • pinkpatron
    pinkpatron Posts: 154
    Options
    People that complain about what other people do.