Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Thanks for letting me know about the operation transformation and my diet is better than yours shows!!
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    I just typed out a super long reply and only my first sentence posted!
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Hope everyone is having a good day. A little about me-My name is Dana. I am 37 years old, Married with 3 kids. My youngest turned 15 yesterday-driving is a scary thing! I live in Louisiana, but am originally from Minnesota. My goal is to get healthier before I hit 40. Its amazing how time flies-so I know it will be here before I realize it. I started at about 240 (the highest I have ever been) and my long term goal is 150. But right now I am shooting to get under 200. I am about half way there. I am happy that I only have 1/2 a pound to go to get to my "pre-Christmas" weight! :) I do have a fitbit, but I hardly ever get close to my 10,000 step goal. Maybe I should add some of you for the competition! My biggest weaknesses are chips and salsa, and alcohol. I know I could lose a lot faster if I stopped drinking all of my mega-calorie strawberry margaritas and other drinks like that! I am trying to make better choices-but it's hard. Guess I better get back to work! The weekend is just around the corner! Happy Thursday!
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    I will definitely follow both of those shows! Thanks guys! I'll recap what I wrote that didn't get posted...
    As for me, I'm 40, married with 2 sons. I have always been overweight to some degree, but very athletic. I liked to call myself a fit fat! Lol. Before my knee gave out I ran 4 half marathons. But my fat definitely fluctuated over the years. In 2012 I lost 38 lbs on ww, but have since gained it all back plus more. In October I joined MFP and the gym and have lost 22 lbs. 40 more to go!!!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    my steps for Wednesday finished at 11927 :)
    I will hopefully beat that today, and i will also get in a kickboxercise class later :smiley:

Have a great day everyone.

NICE!! You rock girl!! Thanks for the add!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    danan01 wrote: »
    Good morning all! Hope everyone is having a good day. A little about me-My name is Dana. I am 37 years old, Married with 3 kids. My youngest turned 15 yesterday-driving is a scary thing! I live in Louisiana, but am originally from Minnesota. My goal is to get healthier before I hit 40. Its amazing how time flies-so I know it will be here before I realize it. I started at about 240 (the highest I have ever been) and my long term goal is 150. But right now I am shooting to get under 200. I am about half way there. I am happy that I only have 1/2 a pound to go to get to my "pre-Christmas" weight! :) I do have a fitbit, but I hardly ever get close to my 10,000 step goal. Maybe I should add some of you for the competition! My biggest weaknesses are chips and salsa, and alcohol. I know I could lose a lot faster if I stopped drinking all of my mega-calorie strawberry margaritas and other drinks like that! I am trying to make better choices-but it's hard. Guess I better get back to work! The weekend is just around the corner! Happy Thursday!

Awesome Dana!! Please join in the fitbit challenge... I will message you my email. I started a challenge with two others in this group and I can add you as well!! It's funny as you feel like an idiot for not getting the steps in so you really do step up to the challenge!! I would love to add as many from here as possible! It's fun and motivating!
    Glad I am not the only one that loves an alcoholic drink here and there! =)
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    I will definitely follow both of those shows! Thanks guys! I'll recap what I wrote that didn't get posted...
    As for me, I'm 40, married with 2 sons. I have always been overweight to some degree, but very athletic. I liked to call myself a fit fat! Lol. Before my knee gave out I ran 4 half marathons. But my fat definitely fluctuated over the years. In 2012 I lost 38 lbs on ww, but have since gained it all back plus more. In October I joined MFP and the gym and have lost 22 lbs. 40 more to go!!!

I love it!! Fit fat! That's me!! ;)
    Are you like my twin sister.... I'm 40, lost 36 pounds a few years back and gained all plus back... Now to follow your lead and lose 22 lbs!! Keep up the great work!!! You rock!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    So yesterday I had a work meeting from 6-9. =( That reeked havoc on my steps. 9,203... Today will be a better day!! I'm at 7,500 right now so 10k will be a breeze... Seriously though... send me a message and I will give you my email to add me as your friend. Would be neat to do a group challenge!
    201319e7b7d0a526d3016c85c496f151.jpg
  • ShyCush6
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Let's be badass together!!

fitness-motivation-quote-train-to-be-a-badass.jpg
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Can I just say @shycush6 - YOU ARE A *ROCKSTAR*!!! {hugs} to ya sister!!

I’ve been distracted with work lately so I literally forgot about our #dailycheckin – Hello.....Focus....where did you go? HA!!

I signed up for the Biggest Loser competition at work today – 1st weigh in is tomorrow!! I’ve got to get back on track with meal planning and cut out the junk. It’s strange how long it takes a good habit to sink in but bad habits like eating junk food, grabbing a cookie instead of an apple, drink enough water thru out the day…you can pick those up in a few days! How do you guys keep from falling into that pit of bad habits? I just keep telling myself … Jen, You Just Have To DO IT! No thought process needed… JUST DO IT! Nike hit the nail on the head with that slogan.

Hope all is well with everyone. I’m hoping to slow down soon and catch up on everyone’s stuff.
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I just typed out a super long reply and only my first sentence posted!
    That happened me last night too! :s
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Anyone who wants to add me feel free!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Can I just say @shycush6 - YOU ARE A *ROCKSTAR*!!! {hugs} to ya sister!!

I’ve been distracted with work lately so I literally forgot about our #dailycheckin – Hello.....Focus....where did you go? HA!!

I signed up for the Biggest Loser competition at work today – 1st weigh in is tomorrow!! I’ve got to get back on track with meal planning and cut out the junk. It’s strange how long it takes a good habit to sink in but bad habits like eating junk food, grabbing a cookie instead of an apple, drink enough water thru out the day…you can pick those up in a few days! How do you guys keep from falling into that pit of bad habits? I just keep telling myself … Jen, You Just Have To DO IT! No thought process needed… JUST DO IT! Nike hit the nail on the head with that slogan.

Hope all is well with everyone. I’m hoping to slow down soon and catch up on everyone’s stuff.

I loved your daily check-ins! Missed them, so I am glad you are back in the ring! Best of luck on the BLC!!!You can do it girl!! I am right there with you!!! Soda is my nemesis junk.... =( So hard to quit yet so easy to crack one open!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Maybe you can be my fitbit friend by using this too. Here is my user info: www.fitbit.com/user/3RJG54
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Whoo hoo! Just hit 10K and I am not off work yet! That is amazing for me!!
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    If you have a fitbit feel free to add me to the walking challenge :) im on 13143 steps at the minute for today.
    www.fitbit.com/user/3YKQTN
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    Whoo hoo! Just hit 10K and I am not off work yet! That is amazing for me!!

Great work Shy.
    I love getting to the 10k mark it feels like such an achievement :smiley:
  • andygoldman39
    andygoldman39 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. The more the merrier!
  • danmarbar
    danmarbar Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wore my yogies today so couldn't carry my phone. Broke my pedometer the other day, fitbit still didn't come. I am down for the count today.
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    good morning all! Went back up to 4 days a week working this week so today is my non working day and the one week day that I get with my little boy - woohoo! He's having a morning nap at the moment (or lying in his cot plotting world domination perhaps!) then we are off to see the grandparents and this afternoon we have a play date with one of his antenatal buddies. I've just put my name down to sign up to a 14 day fitness challenge on another group here for mums and dads who struggle to find the time to work out. So let's see how that goes.

Somewhere in the house I have a fitbit - bought it years ago and never really understood the point of it. But I am nothing if not competitive and seeing you all logging your steps has inspired me to find it. It may take me a day or two.....