Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• indygirl217
    indygirl217 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone, I have been using the MFP app for almost two years. I do good for a hot succeed and then I fall off. I looked into the mirror a couple of weeks ago and wonder who the hell was staring back at me. I didn't like it at all. So this time it's personal. I'm trying to stick with it through my frustrations and irritations. I mean seriously, don't they make sports bra meant for ladies with a cup size bigger than a B. I'm truly looking for a core group of people that will help me through my struggles and encouragement when I have a crappy day. Also to remind me that once I charge my fitbit, it works best if I put it back on.
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yay-less than a full week since vacation and I made it back down to my Pre-Christmas weight! Now if I can just get through the weekend without gaining again. Happy Friday! Update-after adding a couple of you to my fitbit friends yesterday I got closer to my 10,000 step goal. I will get there! :)
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Shy- I love your idea of the introductions and weekly accountability!

I'm Rachel, 25. In grad school I dropped 30 pounds and was at a healthy weight for the first time since I was 14. However, I did it the unhealthy way through a large caloric deficit and bingeing, rinse and repeat.

I finally said enough was enough after I started crying every week about not being able to control my intake. I took a year off from the scale and food/body judgment. This time around I'm going about it in a much slower and healthier way. My current goal is losing weight in a slow sustainable manner, even if it takes me years. I don't want to be a part of the statistic that 90+% of people gain back their weight after 5 years. Instead I'm going to lose weight slowly because I am in this for the long haul, not the quick fix.

Love all the new fitbit people, I hope you rock your step goals today! 10,000/day is the marathon of life ;)
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Sweet!! 17,185 steps Thursday!!! I was doing great and then my daughter encouraged me to go for a jog at 8pm last night. I was no where near motivated to go but she really wanted to so I did... so glad I have her to push me when I wouldn't!
    Hope you all had great days yesterday and we are ready for another good one today!!
  • chrissyd_21
    chrissyd_21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm super new to the site and I though this would be of great use to me. I'm a telecommunications operator for my local police department which means I sit in one spot all day. Then when I get home, I sit some more. I'm having a really hard time getting motivated to get up and exercise. I've started parking my car a few blocks over and walking to work but its getting so cold, I don't know how much longer I can keep that going. I'm looking to lose 70lbs by the summer or at least the fall. I've tried so many different things so hopefully some added support will help me get started before its too late!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Great work Shy.
    I love getting to the 10k mark it feels like such an achievement :smiley:
    Yes... Happy dance!
    seinfelddance.gif~c200
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    danmarbar wrote: »
    Wore my yogies today so couldn't carry my phone. Broke my pedometer the other day, fitbit still didn't come. I am down for the count today.
    Hoping today is a new and better day for you... You jump right back on that train girl! You got this!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    janetay01 wrote: »
    good morning all! Went back up to 4 days a week working this week so today is my non working day and the one week day that I get with my little boy - woohoo! He's having a morning nap at the moment (or lying in his cot plotting world domination perhaps!) then we are off to see the grandparents and this afternoon we have a play date with one of his antenatal buddies. I've just put my name down to sign up to a 14 day fitness challenge on another group here for mums and dads who struggle to find the time to work out. So let's see how that goes.

Somewhere in the house I have a fitbit - bought it years ago and never really understood the point of it. But I am nothing if not competitive and seeing you all logging your steps has inspired me to find it. It may take me a day or two.....

Awesome!! We would love to add yo to the challenge! Hope the 14 day challenge gets you moving!!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Today starts our Biggest Loser Competition at work!! GAME ON!! #dailycheckin

xmmh9f6to9d8.jpg

Hope everyone is having a good week...
  • indygirl217
    indygirl217 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    and please feel free to add me
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    Sweet!! 17,185 steps Thursday!!! I was doing great and then my daughter encouraged me to go for a jog at 8pm last night. I was no where near motivated to go but she really wanted to so I did... so glad I have her to push me when I wouldn't!
    Hope you all had great days yesterday and we are ready for another good one today!!

4o1bzg8ezceh.jpg

great work. you are awesome :smiley:

I have had a great exercise day today and more to come tomorrow :smiley:
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    and please feel free to add me

welcome to the group. We have a great bunch of motivators on here, hope you enjoy it :)
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone, I have been using the MFP app for almost two years. I do good for a hot succeed and then I fall off. I looked into the mirror a couple of weeks ago and wonder who the hell was staring back at me. I didn't like it at all. So this time it's personal. I'm trying to stick with it through my frustrations and irritations. I mean seriously, don't they make sports bra meant for ladies with a cup size bigger than a B. I'm truly looking for a core group of people that will help me through my struggles and encouragement when I have a crappy day. Also to remind me that once I charge my fitbit, it works best if I put it back on.

Awesome! Welcome! Let's get you motivated in the right direction!! Would love for you to join our fitbit challenge too! And boy do I agree about the sports bra thing!! Ugh! My poor daughter has the same issue!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    danan01 wrote: »
    Yay-less than a full week since vacation and I made it back down to my Pre-Christmas weight! Now if I can just get through the weekend without gaining again. Happy Friday! Update-after adding a couple of you to my fitbit friends yesterday I got closer to my 10,000 step goal. I will get there! :)

That's great Dana!! And way to go on the steps!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm super new to the site and I though this would be of great use to me. I'm a telecommunications operator for my local police department which means I sit in one spot all day. Then when I get home, I sit some more. I'm having a really hard time getting motivated to get up and exercise. I've started parking my car a few blocks over and walking to work but its getting so cold, I don't know how much longer I can keep that going. I'm looking to lose 70lbs by the summer or at least the fall. I've tried so many different things so hopefully some added support will help me get started before its too late!

Welcome Chrissy!! Try walking around a little more every time you go to the bathroom or refill your water... maybe invest in an under desk mini bike... that is what I have! I love it! Got it for Christmas!!! Workout before work and then it will motivate you all day as you will feel good about what you already accomplished! You'll think twice about that unhealthy snack as you won't want to undo hat you worked hard in the morning for... just some thoughts! Check in with us often! I am a weekday daily logger... I'm bad on the weekends.
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Today starts our Biggest Loser Competition at work!! GAME ON!! #dailycheckin

xmmh9f6to9d8.jpg

Hope everyone is having a good week...

Woot! Woot! You go girl! Show 'em how it is done!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    4o1bzg8ezceh.jpg
    great work. you are awesome :smiley:
    I have had a great exercise day today and more to come tomorrow :smiley:
    Thank you for motivating me! I probably would have never got that many steps yesterday without you girls!

• GillianSmith2
    Options
    Having one of them days today. I could eat everything. I think i need to go to bed before i do. I am already over on my calories for today.
    I really do need to stop eating pasta as it seems to be my trigger food for all things bad :(
    Its a good job i've got plenty of exercise calories left from this week.
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    So I had a rough weekend... Friday night, we went out for Mexican... Saturday I was home alone crafting... and the damn fudge that is left over from Christmas was haunting me in the fridge, then we went out to Outback for my in-laws 55th anniversary... followed by a couple cocktails. And Sunday I was pretty good until the Packer game and had to have a few cocktails as well... But today is a new day, I am ignoring soda all week!! Started with my fizz stick this morning and I am good to go! Really motivated to get my steps in and damn if I am not motivated to look good... was thinking of skipping a 40th birthday party next weekend cuz I am not happy with the way I look and I will see friends from back in the day, so that right there tells me I really need to step it up!! Frustrating yet a wake up call to really buckle down!!
    Me this weekend:
    funny-animals-eating-food-7.jpg
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone .... #dailycheckin - So I didn't great over the weekend but I didn't do horrible! Went to our local YMCA for their mini mania (you can sample any of there exercise classes for free - it's a shorten version of them) so my friend and I did the yoga and tabata - I thought I was going to throw up during the tabata!! But I didn't...I survived! Went to a friend's Friday night for our monthly "Let's try a drink I found on Pinterest" get together - had probably one too many. Sat night hubby and I went to another friend's to brew and watch the Steelers football game. I didn't eat very good (we had a chili dog competition) but I did limit the number of beers that I had!! So I was good and bad! Ha! Hope everyone is doing well...