Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• grace914
    grace914 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I swear you were reading my mind today, Shy! (P.S. I'm adding you as a friend). I'll be 35 in 6 months. I'm looking to lose about 65 pounds. I rejoined MFP on 2/8/16. I've worked out 32 times since starting. I moved up to the 21 day fix extreme this week as my workouts as well as a 30 day ab challenge with my friends and walking my pup. I've had more good food days than bad, however, I have gained weight the last two weeks. This past week has been a bad food week. And yes, I've heard that I may be gaining muscle, but I went clothes shopping for my trip in 23 days (not that I'm counting). I was able to find one pair of capris in my current size that I MAY wear. I feel like they're too tight on my thighs, so I'm undecided if I'll wear them. Plus, I'm extremely self-conscious about my fat feet/ankles. As soon as I eat something salty, my ankles swell. I'm thinking I'll wear long dresses the entire time I'm in sunny Playa. I'm going to an all inclusive resort so..........yeah.....I may not make the best food decisions, but I'm definitely going to use the gym and the pool. Like @Fitequals, I need to pound water and focus more on fresh food rather than processed food. I'm going to increase my daily workouts with attempting to run with the couch to 5k app. I would love to find friends who likes to motivate each other and help when we have bad days. Thank you for letting my rant. I feel a bit better. Good luck everyone!!!
  • Samgrim91
    Samgrim91 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    So Hubby managed to ruin the plans to get the gym last night AND we had a comfort food dinner of Pasta Bake so I ended up over my calories, oops! Bought my coat to work today with the aim to go out for a walk on lunch and I did :) half an hour outside in the cold and the wet but I feel better for it and hope that might balance yesterday a little bit. I will go to the gym on my own tonight if Hubby ruins plans again (Not keen on being there on my own) I downloaded Happy Scales the other day after seeing it mentioned here and input my weights since beginning of Jan. I've just started daily tracking so this is helpful. Only 0.3Kg off my first goal. Now for lunch :D I'm cold and my feet are slightly wet but its worth it when I saw this on my fitbit (Even if it did only track 20mins of a 30mins walk):

t7yb1zqb7e31.png
  • coops170
    coops170 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all... I've been back and forth with this site. I need to be back for the long haul...need supporters. Please feel free to add me!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @tazzy2911 that class sounds fantastic! You're going to be so sore today!

@ShyCush6 Sounds like you have a fun girls weekend planned! Great NSV on one bite, I don't know if I would have had the same self control, especially during TOM!

@ngolden3320 You are rocking the workouts lately! And I'd go crazy weighing every day too. Why did you decide to switch from once a week?

@Samgrim91 It sounds like you are doing a great job of still incorporating activity even when life throws you curveballs. Don't let your husband derail you just because he doesn't want to go, do it for you!

@FitEqualsSmile I feel your pain, I had 4 more come in the mail yesterday. I've been pre-tracking a serving a day so that way I know I always have more tomorrow. The birthday bloat will go away in no time.

Welcome newcomers, keep posting!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I decided I'm going to use my belated birthday present to get all the boxing/Muay Thai equipment (pads, shin guards, gloves, mouth guard, etc). I'm officially really glad I held out for a present I really wanted. My partners went really light on me yesterday and lent me some stuff but I think it's time to invest to hopefully prevent against facial bruising!
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newcomers :)

@Rachel0778 its great to see how much you are enjoying martial arts :) don't forget the chest guard, that's my most important piece of equipment.

@ShyCush6 you rock girl. how on earth did you manage one bite. i would have had the whole thing :wink:

I would love to know what Girl scout cookies taste like, i hear so much about them and ive not even seen one.

I did my kickboxercise this morning, it was hard going but i made it through the whole hour working on core and strength today. I just need to get my daily steps going a bit better.
  • dschoenbein
    dschoenbein Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Being a teacher is great...really I love it, but on days like today and tomorrow (parent teacher conferences) we have weird schedules and lots of stress. I committed to myself to find a time to still work out and eat clean. It is days like this in the past that I rationalize why I cant do it (work out) or why I CAN eat that bad, bad food (even though it taste so good). Not this time..I am stronger than my strongest excuse and I will make my goals happen! I am sharing this because I am so happy..I had a break in the middle of the day and went to the gym. :)
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    Being a teacher is great...really I love it, but on days like today and tomorrow (parent teacher conferences) we have weird schedules and lots of stress. I committed to myself to find a time to still work out and eat clean. It is days like this in the past that I rationalize why I cant do it (work out) or why I CAN eat that bad, bad food (even though it taste so good). Not this time..I am stronger than my strongest excuse and I will make my goals happen! I am sharing this because I am so happy..I had a break in the middle of the day and went to the gym. :)

Awesome work staying strong and positive :smiley:
  • Deby_Cork
    Deby_Cork Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I feeling happy and motivated after read all messages. I hope you can do well you plan @dschoenbein
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    I decided I'm going to use my belated birthday present to get all the boxing/Muay Thai equipment (pads, shin guards, gloves, mouth guard, etc). I'm officially really glad I held out for a present I really wanted. My partners went really light on me yesterday and lent me some stuff but I think it's time to invest to hopefully prevent against facial bruising!

Facial bruising never a good thing. Glad your getting a present you really want. I don't know what made me change to everyday. But if things don't change soon, everyday is gone.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options

@Rachel0778 its great to see how much you are enjoying martial arts :) don't forget the chest guard, that's my most important piece of equipment.

@ShyCush6 you rock girl. how on earth did you manage one bite. i would have had the whole thing :wink:

I would love to know what Girl scout cookies taste like, i hear so much about them and ive not even seen one.

I did my kickboxercise this morning, it was hard going but i made it through the whole hour working on core and strength today. I just need to get my daily steps going a bit better.

Either you are REALLY missing out. Or your the lucky one who doesn't have them around. Where do you live that you don't have these torturous thing. What is bad is that they sell them in October/November and then you start eating healthy and they just show up out of thin air. I know 4 thin mints isn't a lot of calories, but boy is it hard not to eat the box.
  • Samgrim91
    Samgrim91 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @ngolden3320 I've never had Girl Scout Cookies either - I'm in the UK and it's not something that seems to be done over here
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Third day with the Happy Scale App. Not liking it very much. I was only weighing in once a week on Saturdays. This is the third day in a row I have weighed myself. Has gone up every day. I know it is because it is pre TOM bloat and water in my head but my eyeballs seeing it is kind of freaking me out. I am making progress though. I'm listening to the good voice in my head and not the bad one.
    Last night I was at the gym and I set a goal to go 35 min. on the bike (have been stuck on 31 min). My legs were already tired from hike in woods on Sunday and legs workout on Monday. Well anyways at the 18 minute mark my jello legs said a big screw u I'm done. The good voice in my head pushed me to go the 35 minutes didn't make 8 miles but did go 7.9 miles. So I am taking that as a win. So I am giving thanks to the good voice in my head and great 80's music that pushed me to get it done.

Way to stick to it!! Even though the legs felt like jello.. I bet you felt accomplished! Such a great feeling when you push yourself!
    I love the happy scale app but I have always been a daily weigher... so I know there is a flux everyday and I don't worry too much about it! =)
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    I have such a love hate relationship with that app for sure. I am pounding the water today to help get rid of the gains from yesterday. I know I did not eat well on my birthday splurge but no way did I gain two and a half pounds, hehe. Back to the gyn this AM; 30 minutes with the trainer then 30 on the rower followed by grocery and getting the hair done. Hoping to get a nice long walk in with the dogs before dinner tonight. It is going to be almost 70 degrees here today again. Can not wait. Hope everyone has a great day.

@ShyCush6 - great job on just the small brownie.

Everyone is talking about Girl Scout Cookies, I know mine are coming. I donated most of our boxes to the troops to keep them out of the house but we have 6 coming. I am dreading it.

Isn't it crazy when you see the scale jump 2 lbs and you know you didn't do that kind of damage! So easy for it to go up but yet so hard for it to go down!! Ugh! Hope you had a great birthday!! The weather has been amazing! I actually had a hard time running last night as it was humid?! HUMID?! Really! One extreme to another! LOL! Love Wisco!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    grace914 wrote: »
    I swear you were reading my mind today, Shy! (P.S. I'm adding you as a friend). I'll be 35 in 6 months. I'm looking to lose about 65 pounds. I rejoined MFP on 2/8/16. I've worked out 32 times since starting. I moved up to the 21 day fix extreme this week as my workouts as well as a 30 day ab challenge with my friends and walking my pup. I've had more good food days than bad, however, I have gained weight the last two weeks. This past week has been a bad food week. And yes, I've heard that I may be gaining muscle, but I went clothes shopping for my trip in 23 days (not that I'm counting). I was able to find one pair of capris in my current size that I MAY wear. I feel like they're too tight on my thighs, so I'm undecided if I'll wear them. Plus, I'm extremely self-conscious about my fat feet/ankles. As soon as I eat something salty, my ankles swell. I'm thinking I'll wear long dresses the entire time I'm in sunny Playa. I'm going to an all inclusive resort so..........yeah.....I may not make the best food decisions, but I'm definitely going to use the gym and the pool. Like @Fitequals, I need to pound water and focus more on fresh food rather than processed food. I'm going to increase my daily workouts with attempting to run with the couch to 5k app. I would love to find friends who likes to motivate each other and help when we have bad days. Thank you for letting my rant. I feel a bit better. Good luck everyone!!!

Welcome Grace!! Let's do this!! I'm right there with you.. 65 lbs! We can do it!! Don't expect miracles in 23 days but we can get you feeling better about yourself and making better choices!! You got this girl! Yo are already on the right track! I am attempting jogging as well... I can't call it running as I am slowly than a turtle but hey... I'm up and moving! When I started I would run a block and then walk a block, then run 2 blocks and walk a block, working my blocks up from there! Worked great for me! =)
    Sounds like an awesome trip.. let's get you in some capris and comfortable with your self!! You can do this!!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Samgrim91 wrote: »
    So Hubby managed to ruin the plans to get the gym last night AND we had a comfort food dinner of Pasta Bake so I ended up over my calories, oops! Bought my coat to work today with the aim to go out for a walk on lunch and I did :) half an hour outside in the cold and the wet but I feel better for it and hope that might balance yesterday a little bit. I will go to the gym on my own tonight if Hubby ruins plans again (Not keen on being there on my own) I downloaded Happy Scales the other day after seeing it mentioned here and input my weights since beginning of Jan. I've just started daily tracking so this is helpful. Only 0.3Kg off my first goal. Now for lunch :D I'm cold and my feet are slightly wet but its worth it when I saw this on my fitbit (Even if it did only track 20mins of a 30mins walk):

I don't think you are in our fitbit group! Here is my link.... //www.fitbit.com/user/3RJG54 We do a challenge every week and we would love to have you!! =)
    Way to go on the walk! Hope you made it to the gym! I just love the Happy Scale App! I can't remember who suggested it but THANK YOU!!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    Awesome birthday gift! All for you!!! You deserve it!! Way to make it something you love and that will help you improve your life!! That's great!! Not something you will disregard in a month... love it!!!
  • ShyCush6
    edited March 2016
    Options

WILL POWER GILL! It was not easy! Last night the hubby did it again! Came out with a bowl of ice cream and fudge sauce! =( So I went the the pantry and came out with 2 mini PB cups.. Not good but could have been way worse!!
    You do not want to have a GS cookie!! They are naughty! Trust me.. you are better off! LOL!
    Way to go with kickboxing!! You are rocking it and I have to say thanks for not kicking my *kitten* these past few weeks on fitbit! But feel free to kick it this week! You can do it girl!! You have inspired me to rack up more steps each day and I know you can do it again!!
  • GillianSmith2
    Options

Either you are REALLY missing out. Or your the lucky one who doesn't have them around. Where do you live that you don't have these torturous thing. What is bad is that they sell them in October/November and then you start eating healthy and they just show up out of thin air. I know 4 thin mints isn't a lot of calories, but boy is it hard not to eat the box.

i live in the UK. :)
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad we don't have Girl Scout cookies here in the UK, i'd eat them ALL! Ha!
    You guys can donate them to your troops can't you? I've heard of people doing that before, what a lovely idea. :smile: