Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    So I want to apologize.. I do so bad responding to posts all in one... sorry I mud up the forum with all my yapping!
    I've been doing great with steps... averaging 14K per week day.. minus weekends, especially Sundays =(... that brings my average down! I have over 5k this morningand it's not even noon! Love it!! My goal is 5k by noon, 10k by the time I leave work and everything else is bonus!
    I've been a water QUEEN! Loving it! I save soda for the weekends, but I'm trying to limit that as well! I don't enjoy having to go to the restroom every hour but I count it as more steps!
    I have managed to avoid all Girl Scout cookies! There are stands outside almost store I go too... =)
    Last night my daughter encouraged me to go for a run.. I wasn't feeling it but it was so nice out I did! It was dark and 7:30 at night ant it was 67 degress and HUMID! It actually was hard to run with the humidity! Gotta love WI... Not that I am complaining it could have been snowing! =) So I was disappointed in my run but atleast I went... The pup loved it and was booking.... She was practically dragging me! LOL!
    Hope you all have a great day!! Keep up the great posts!

• ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Samgrim91 wrote: »
    @ngolden3320 I've never had Girl Scout Cookies either - I'm in the UK and it's not something that seems to be done over here

I'm moving to the UK! :o
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    So I did the barre class again last night... thankfully it was easier than last night, but man my legs!!! Yikes!
    I'm going to a sculpt and core class after work today, my first one, so we will see how that goes. I'm sure I'll be stiff as a board lying in bed tonight, but that's ok! I want to keep up my motivation and keep getting my sweat on.
    Hope all of your wonderful ladies are feeling slim, confident and amazing today!! xo
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! It is so fun how active this thread is! I love it. @ShyCush6 - no need to apologize for anything! I think you are great at responding to everyones posts and giving great motivation and feedback! And your family calendar looks so nice! I wish I was creative like that. Mine would look more like those pinterest fail pictures you see. LOL. I think this is one of the first years in a long time that I don't have any girl scout cookies coming. And yes-its torture not to eat the whole box. Thin mints and the tagalongs are my favorite! I haven't been great this week about getting my steps in. I have to up my game on that! But I am excited that I did a little food prep last night. I don't know why, but I was in the mood to cook. So on top of making our dinner for last night, I made up some chicken breast (in the crock pot-so easy) and I found a recipe for "very veggie fried rice". It uses brown rice and lots of veggies! It was pretty easy to make and I am so excited for lunch to have some. I did have to sample it last night, and I have to say it turned out pretty good! Great job for everyone trying out and going to their exercise classes! Have a great Wednesday!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    @ChangeIsADecision...
    One of my friends on MFP just recommended a book yesterday called Beck Diet Solution, and she said it suggested listing the reasons you are on a diet, and the advantages of losing weight on a cue card in order of importance. Then re-reading it twice a day, and any time you need to for motivation or to stop yourself from eating too much.

That's a great idea!!! CUE CARDS! I should so do that!! Thanks for the idea!!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    tazzy2911 wrote: »

Oh my god it was tough!!! 45 minute class, but it flew by! My legs were like jelly after it! Lots of squats and lunges, jumping jacks, planking (I couldn't plank at all!! Absolutely no core!!!) we were paired up so took turns with gloves and pads. I think I'll be sore tomorrow!!

WOW.... that's a lot more than I expected! Sounds like a great workout though! Burnin' that Butter! :o
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    #dailycheckin Do you ever feel like the universe is against you? That was me this AM! I was going to do Turbo Jam for my morning workout. But I had to use my laptop – well I start the DVD and literally 2 mins into it - it freezes. So I mess with it for 5 mins realizing my time is ticking away!! Never could get it to come back! So I hopped on the elliptical for 20 mins and at least got that much in! Grrrr…..

#turbojamfail #ellipticalwin

bj30vz6rxgvk.jpg
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    So I did the barre class again last night... thankfully it was easier than last night, but man my legs!!! Yikes!
    I'm going to a sculpt and core class after work today, my first one, so we will see how that goes. I'm sure I'll be stiff as a board lying in bed tonight, but that's ok! I want to keep up my motivation and keep getting my sweat on.
    Hope all of your wonderful ladies are feeling slim, confident and amazing today!! xo

Great job! Go home after class and take a nice long hot bath... =) You earned it girl!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    #dailycheckin Do you ever feel like the universe is against you? That was me this AM! I was going to do Turbo Jam for my morning workout. But I had to use my laptop – well I start the DVD and literally 2 mins into it - it freezes. So I mess with it for 5 mins realizing my time is ticking away!! Never could get it to come back! So I hopped on the elliptical for 20 mins and at least got that much in! Grrrr…..
    #turbojamfail #ellipticalwin

Way to keep motivated and getting moving at least... don't you just hate that! Technology isn't always a good thing! LOL! So I'd say you pulled it into the win column! I would've got frustrated and can't say I would've made it a win. =)
  • ShyCush6
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Just saw this...
    4619b404ca4cebbc2c5a4ed7cbf419e8.jpg
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    @ShyCush6 you don't need to appologies for anything, You are one of the most motivational, supportive and encouraging people i have the pleasure of having as a friend on here, So thank you for that and please keep doing what you do. :wink:

I have got a few more steps on the board tonight :)
    I need to find something to do tomorrow to keep me occupied as im home alone, I am hoping for good weather so I can go for a walk. Then its kickboxercise again tomorrow night :smiley:
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    Just saw this...
    4619b404ca4cebbc2c5a4ed7cbf419e8.jpg

Ha.. Love it!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    @ShyCush6 you don't need to appologies for anything, You are one of the most motivational, supportive and encouraging people i have the pleasure of having as a friend on here, So thank you for that and please keep doing what you do. :wink:

I have got a few more steps on the board tonight :)
    I need to find something to do tomorrow to keep me occupied as im home alone, I am hoping for good weather so I can go for a walk. Then its kickboxercise again tomorrow night :smiley:

Thanks Gill! That's so sweet! You are quite inspiring yourself! Keep up the bad *kitten* kickboxing! I love it!! ;)
  • Samgrim91
    Samgrim91 Posts: 25 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I don't think you are in our fitbit group! Here is my link.... //www.fitbit.com/user/3RJG54 We do a challenge every week and we would love to have you!! =)
    Way to go on the walk! Hope you made it to the gym! I just love the Happy Scale App! I can't remember who suggested it but THANK YOU!!!

I've added you we didn't make it to the gym but we went for a half hour walk and I've hit all my goals for the day
  • Samgrim91
    Samgrim91 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    So Hubby managed to ruin the plans to get the gym last night AND we had a comfort food dinner of Pasta Bake so I ended up over my calories, oops! Bought my coat to work today with the aim to go out for a walk on lunch and I did :) half an hour outside in the cold and the wet but I feel better for it and hope that might balance yesterday a little bit. I will go to the gym on my own tonight if Hubby ruins plans again (Not keen on being there on my own) I downloaded Happy Scales the other day after seeing it mentioned here and input my weights since beginning of Jan. I've just started daily tracking so this is helpful. Only 0.3Kg off my first goal. Now for lunch :D I'm cold and my feet are slightly wet but its worth it when I saw this on my fitbit (Even if it did only track 20mins of a 30mins walk):

I don't think you are in our fitbit group! Here is my link.... //www.fitbit.com/user/3RJG54 We do a challenge every week and we would love to have you!! =)
    Way to go on the walk! Hope you made it to the gym! I just love the Happy Scale App! I can't remember who suggested it but THANK YOU!!!

I've added you

That was supposed to say I've added you
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I can't keep up with all the posts! Well done everybody, you lot are a right motivated bunch, all sorts of exciting activities going on. :smiley:
    Well today I managed to get an hours walk in on my lunch break and i've just discovered the 'Serial' podcasts (yeah I know, a little slow on the uptake there) so I started listening to them as I was walking - OMG, they are riveting!
    I wanted to go for a run tonight, to listen to them some more, but it's cold and raining and basically just typical British weather outside, so I decided to go tomorrow instead (hopefully). I'm so over this crappy rain/sleet/snow, it's getting in the way of my running progress and it's making me sad.
    Anyway, in the mean time i'll console myself with watching one of my fave TV shows, The Walking Dead.
    Have a great day/evening all.
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Just finished a nice couple mile walk with the pups now off to grill some dinner for the sons and hubby. Hope everyone had a great day.

@Samgrim91 - great job on the walk. I used to do that all the time when I was worked. Get out of the seat and get moving is the best.

@Rachel0778 - I got a gift card to Athleta which I am saving for October when I go on vacation. Got to save those bday gifts for when they really count, lol.

@ShyCush6 - good job on the run. You just got to make the effort sometimes. Keep moving, does not matter how fast.

@bluepoppies777 - we have a gym near me that offers all these classes. I just can not seem to get into them. They have great instructors and I love their yoga. Go for it.
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    ivo15hrrhsa5.jpeg
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Yet again the Great British weather is not so great :( Its grey, wet, cold and just plain miserable. i can cope with the cold, the wind, the grey skies but the drizzle that soaks you through is just nasty and when I really feel the need to get out and do something, its so frustrating. Its going to be a long day but at least I've got my class later to look forwards to. I hope everyone is having a good day and you are having better weather than we are :) I just need to keep my head out the cupboards and i will be fine :wink: