Time to stop taking ourselves so seriously! Tell us something embarrassing about yourself.

Options

Replies

• kchuskey
    kchuskey Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    My mind tends to go immediately in the gutter particularly when I’m drinking. I’ll get completely innocent messages from friends sometimes and my reply is almost always inappropriate. It’s embarrassing when they point out what they’re REALLY talking about. I’m like “Oh I’m SO SORRY I thought you were talking about your penis?” Ooops. :D:#:p

And why are we not friends?? :)
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I shat myself a bit running the floor on a fastbreak in an organized basketball game in HS.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Staff Christmas Party about 10 years ago. I committed the ultimate sin and got stupid-drunk. At the end of the night while me and my colleague were cleaning up, I found a woman's purse. Thinking someone had forgotten it, I opened it up to look for ID so I could track down who it belonged to. What I found instead was a little baggy of papers and marijuana. I yelled out "William, we have a druggy in the office!" William was the SVP at the time. His wife came running over, snatched the purse out of my hand and yelled "that's my party purse!". My husband grabbed me by the shoulders and got me out of there before I could make a bigger idiot of myself.

Come Monday, I was terrified to come into work. The SVP walked in, looked at me and chuckled, and continued into his office. We never spoke of it again.
  • bjess8411
    bjess8411 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Something I've noticed on MFP is that a lot of people tend to take themselves really seriously. Humor is a major part of my life, and I strive to never take myself so seriously that I can't laugh at myself. To that end, I'd like for everyone to share something embarrassing about themselves. I'll start.

I am literally the worst dancer of all time. If you think you've seen bad dancing, you haven't, because you haven't seen me dance. In fact, virtually no one has, because I'd rather lose a digit than allow anyone to see me dance.

Lol, I am exactly the same way! I can't even dance in my room. I am that bad.
  • bjess8411
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I walk into things, a lot. There's is this one bright yellow pole I walk by almost daily and almost walk into it every time.

I'm slow getting jokes sometimes and when I do like 10 minutes later will start laughing randomly

Lol, I have a problem with running into a wall sometimes too or choking on my own spit!
  • bjess8411
    Options
    I once was walking across an intersection and slipped and fell in the mud while it was raining. I was wearing almost all black and got pretty much covered head to toe in mud in front of like 50 people. Had to walk the remaining 2 miles home like that, got laughed at by just about everyone who saw me the entire way.

Can't blame them, I'd laugh hard if I saw someone do that.

I have something like this. Once when I lived in Fort Worth, TX it rained when I was walking downtown. I did not have an umbrella or any change of clothes. I ended up having to take the bus home soaking wet. I was pretty embarrassed.
  • bjess8411
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    My mailman caught me dancing on all fours like a stripper to Cherry Pie.

Some years ago, my neighbor came to my front door when I was having sex with my husband on the living room floor, where if she had looked in the mirror she could have seen everything. It just happened to be positioned right in the perfect place to get a full view. There was also a big open window.

Oh, and after I moved in with my husband, one day my pants fell down. I can't really remember why. Thankfully I had on undergarments.

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Went curling today, was on the ice with the old man league and the guy I was curling with. I forgot my left foot was the slider and stood on it and wiped out. oops
  • squeekecho262
    squeekecho262 Posts: 203 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Lost my grip on my razer in the shower once and fumbled it around so much it even hit my face! (I don't suggest trying to catch your razer haha) so ya... Get out look in the mirror and the top half of my left eyebrow got shaved off!! Lmfaooo! Pretty close to my engagement picture time too. Had my sister in law come over and do my make up for the pictures.. She said my eyebrow didn't look too bad at all... So I licked my finger and wiped off my eyebrow liner lmfaoo she just lost it busting a gut at it hahaha! sigh
  • healthytia6
    healthytia6 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a habit of loosing/breaking or destroying my cell phone. In last 4 years itself I have :-
    1. Lost a phone
    2. Was cooking and forgot that the gas was on and kept my phone on it (burned it completely :-) )
    3. Forgot my dog has a habit of eating phone so one gone there
    4. Dropped it from balcony while texting
    5. Dropped one in hot tea.
    6. And one just died. Not sure what happened with it.
    7. My current phone has a cracked screen and volume issues.
    Hopefully it lasts till the lease ends.
  • mwinslow69
    mwinslow69 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I forget my husbands stories sometimes.
  • mwinslow69
    mwinslow69 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    But I love to read sexy romance novels. Oops!
  • pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    mwinslow69 wrote: »
    But I love to read sexy romance novels. Oops!

New adult novels for me - haha!

my embarrassment is i have a fear or phobia of cotton wool O_O (oh dear god even thinking about it gives me the shivers)
  • thehexenbiest
    thehexenbiest Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm 33, last year I went to a One Direction concert...and it's been downhill from there. They're just so catchy and adorable!
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I ate a million plus five chocolates today.. true story
    I am so incredibly clumsy .. and fall down and break bones.. everything was ok til the mid 40s.. then toes broken, and toes broken again, then ankle broken and leg broken at the same time, and then toe broken again..
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I sometimes leave Teen Nick on after my kids have left the room because I'm watching it and want to see how the story ends.... LMAO!!!!!
  • wendylynne917
    wendylynne917 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I had just got out of the shower and rubbed lotion on was trying to get my phone charger from the wall but my hands were way to slippery. So I see a knife on my nightstand and thought that would be a good idea to use it to pry my charger from the wall!!!! Not a good idea shocked myself and kicked the breakers! * blonde moment* opps!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    when im home alone, I'll crank up my music and dance and sing like im a rockstar....

im sure i was born to be a singer. LOLOLOL

and hey - its cardio :P
  • msablj
    msablj Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I once broke my foot and dislocated 3 toes from running into a wall chasing my cat off the counter. :#
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I once broke my foot and dislocated 3 toes from running into a wall chasing my cat off the counter. :#

i have 11 cats. i hate them all. and i could sooooooooooooooo see myself doing that LOLOLOL