Salt Water Flush?

Options
Has anyone ever tried a saltwater flush. It is often part of a master cleanse. I'm not planning to do a master cleanse, but was considering the salt water flush after my daughter did it and told me about it. My only concern is that years ago I used to have fainting problems. I think a saltwater flush could mess with my electrolytes. Just wondering what anybody else's experience with it might be.

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I haven't and you're going to get a lot of hate for asking this question. I don't think there's anything based in science that says this will help you to your goals but there's always the outliers. Maybe you're one of them. We're all different and what works for one might not work for the next. Good luck!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    For what purpose? It sounds completely dangerous.
  • tinab190
    tinab190 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I don't know why I would get a lot of hate for asking the question. It's a legit question. I eat INCREDIBLY healthy. It's a legitimately curious question. I don't know anything about it or if there are any health benefits. That's WHY I am asking.
  • tinab190
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    I haven't and you're going to get a lot of hate for asking this question. I don't think there's anything based in science that says this will help you to your goals but there's always the outliers. Maybe you're one of them. We're all different and what works for one might not work for the next. Good luck!

Thanks
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I never heard of it, but unless someone is ill their body should do a decent job of cleansing itself. If you already eat very healthy I can't see it holding any benefit for you.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    What do you expect to come out of doing this ? Do you believe this will remove toxins from your body? If so, please name what toxins will be removed during this process.
  • blueboxgeek
    Options
    What did your daughter say about it? What results did she have?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    What you get won't be hate, it will be a litany of comments that highlight there is no scientific basis for things such as cleanses/detoxes/flushes. The entire principle of them is flawed. At best, they are useless. At worst, they are potentially dangerous.

Name one thing a "master cleanse" removes from your body that is not already removed by normal bodily processes.
  • blueboxgeek
    Options
    Name one thing a "master cleanse" removes from your body that is not already removed by normal bodily processes.

I don't know about it but I am guessing it removes the cash from your pocket and not much else?

• yoplait311
    yoplait311 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've done a salt water flush a time or two (especially when constipated). In 2 words- it works! And its very gentle on your system. It's natural, so why not give it a go and see how it works for you. Just stay close to a bathroom :)
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know what it is. Do you drink salt water? Ick.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    It'll work as a cleanse as in it'll literally run straight through you. You'll have to become good friends with the toilet.
    I really wouldn't recommend it. Had you ever been to the beach as a child? If so, do you remember choking on a mouthful of sea water? That's what it'll be like.
    Your poor butt hole will be burning from the loose bowel movements that you'll have for the next 24 hours.
    Oh and you'll probably feel like shít too from being so dehydrated

Please please don't do this
  • tinab190
    Options
    I've managed to lose over 73 lbs slowly and successfully with healthy eating, moderate exercise 3-4 times a week, and occasional indulgences. All while never doing a cleanse. I don't feel a need to justify the question. Was curious about any health benefits of such things. I'm going to not comment any further as I already hear the start of the tone changing.

Good luck and much success to all.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    tinab190 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever tried a saltwater flush. It is often part of a master cleanse. I'm not planning to do a master cleanse, but was considering the salt water flush after my daughter did it and told me about it. My only concern is that years ago I used to have fainting problems. I think a saltwater flush could mess with my electrolytes. Just wondering what anybody else's experience with it might be.

If you have fainting problems, definitely don't do anything like it. I've never done a "flush" but I tried doing salt free days just to even out the excessive salt intake and it didn't go well. I fainted twice and I abandoned the idea right away.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I was also curious about this So I've just looked it up. You drink 1 litre of warm water which contains 1tablespoon of Himalayan salt. Which I have also just priced up and can be purchased at health shops quite cheaply. It does state that there are no weight loss benefits but may help with gi tract problems, bloating, constipation, IBS Symptoms etc.
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    I'm curious to know what it is. Do you drink salt water? Ick.

• Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Its a laxative so youll lose water not fat ( the nutrients are absorbed in the small intestine not the large). The scales may go down but its water and when you drink again youll gain back the water weight.

Plus - you dont want to be getting into laxative abuse. Its terrible for your body and can cause damage.

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Let's think about this...what health benefits could come from drinking a bunch of salt water ?? See how that looks ! Lol
    Op, just continue to eat at a reasonable yet responsible deficit and youll lose weight. There's no significant health benefits from drinking a bunch of salt water. All these cleanses, detoxes are not a good idea. Its just a fad .
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Our bodies flush themselves, so it's unnecessary. WTG on your incredible loss!
This discussion has been closed.