Salt Water Flush?

Options

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I haven't read the replies yet, as just seeing the topic sent shivers up my spine... I did the salt water flush twice, both times to fix constipation problems..
    Drinking warm water with a ton of Himalayan rock salt was a most revolting concoction. But on top of that, Both times after nearly finishing the bottle, which was a monumental struggle, I projectile vomited, luckily i was sitting outside when it happened.
    Never, ever again :confounded:

Why did you do it twice?
    Did you somehow think the second time the outcome would be better?

warm salt water = insta purge used in case of ingestion of poisons...
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the replies yet, as just seeing the topic sent shivers up my spine... I did the salt water flush twice, both times to fix constipation problems..
    Drinking warm water with a ton of Himalayan rock salt was a most revolting concoction. But on top of that, Both times after nearly finishing the bottle, which was a monumental struggle, I projectile vomited, luckily i was sitting outside when it happened.

Here's the other problem with using laxatives for constipation without doctor's supervision: if the problem with hardened stool isn't addressed first, the laxative may cause horrific bowel discomfort, and diarrhea around the stool. I learned this one by accident, and ended up with an agonizing child in the ER. There are OTC medications your doctor can recommend that will draw water into the stool.

I just want to mention this in case anyone decides to use salt water for constipation.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    There's a reason why they tell you not to drink sea water, and it's not because of the fish poop.

The salt water will cause you to become dehydrated. And yes, dehydration can send you to the hospital and cause all sorts of problems.

Best to skip it. And don't drink water with fish poop either. ;)

Funny story - so my old flatmat had two dog, boxers. They were gorgeous. Anyway, one day he loads them in the station wagon and takes them to the beach for the day. Fun had by all, but one of the dogs drinks a heap of salt water.

On the drive home, he is on the freeway doing about 110km/hr, and all of a sudden the dog starts freaking out. Next second - projectile diareah. Being a dog (and not a clever one at that), the dog starts trying to look at its butt to see whats going on so basically starts spinning around, spraying liquid poop the whole time. There's poop all over the windows, the seats, the other dog, the back of my flatmates head... yeah.

He gets into the energency lane and pulls over and gets the dog out but the damage is done. He had to finish the 40 minute drive home in a poop lined car, with two dogs covered in poop, and covered in poop himself. The car never recovered, despite multiple detailings.

So yeah.

Don't do a salt water flush.

This story has made the forums worthwhile to me today.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Why did you do it twice?
    Did you somehow think the second time the outcome would be better?

warm salt water = insta purge used in case of ingestion of poisons...

Because I was desperate to get things moving. The first time i guzzled it down as quickly as possible, the second time i took it a bit slower thinking it might prevent the vomiting, but alas No it did not.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    This person did one. "About twenty minutes later I passed the most foul-smelling, disgusting-looking bunch of mucoid plaque." ew. curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=459433

edit: do not click on the images link on that site. 5bg3ppmxwz87.gif
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I was also curious about this So I've just looked it up. You drink 1 litre of warm water which contains 1 tablespoon of Himalayan salt. Which I have also just priced up and can be purchased at health shops quite cheaply. It does state that there are no weight loss benefits but may help with gi tract problems, bloating, constipation, IBS Symptoms etc.
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    I'm curious to know what it is. Do you drink salt water? Ick.

I've been using Himalayan salt for a few years cuz pink salt looks cool and works well in my salt grinder. I also have red Hawaiian salt and grey Celtic salt. I don't ascribe special properties to any of them; multiple salts is just part of me being a foodie.

The effects of doing this is pretty much just a shock to the system and causes the body to dump. Not sure why you would necessarily need that unless you're going in for a colonoscopy. Drinking an Epsom salt solution prior to such a procedure is basically the same thing. I wouldn't consider it a cleanse other than just forcing your body to dump all waste as fast and as efficiently as possible. Stomach cramps, diarrhea and all other uncomfortable result will follow doing this.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

Funny story - so my old flatmat had two dog, boxers. They were gorgeous. Anyway, one day he loads them in the station wagon and takes them to the beach for the day. Fun had by all, but one of the dogs drinks a heap of salt water.

On the drive home, he is on the freeway doing about 110km/hr, and all of a sudden the dog starts freaking out. Next second - projectile diareah. Being a dog (and not a clever one at that), the dog starts trying to look at its butt to see whats going on so basically starts spinning around, spraying liquid poop the whole time. There's poop all over the windows, the seats, the other dog, the back of my flatmates head... yeah.

He gets into the energency lane and pulls over and gets the dog out but the damage is done. He had to finish the 40 minute drive home in a poop lined car, with two dogs covered in poop, and covered in poop himself. The car never recovered, despite multiple detailings.

So yeah.

NO...that is the best story I've read on this website.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    There's a reason why they tell you not to drink sea water, and it's not because of the fish poop.

The salt water will cause you to become dehydrated. And yes, dehydration can send you to the hospital and cause all sorts of problems.

Best to skip it. And don't drink water with fish poop either. ;)

So yeah.

LMAO
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

Yeah, but just think of all TEH TOXINZZZZZ you removed from your body!!! (LOL!)
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options

So yeah.

I am so glad I came back, and did not miss this story!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    125goals wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Why are you spelling like that?

Because I'm openly mocking the concept that cleanses/detoxes remove any kind of toxins from your body. They don't. They're completely worthless and some of them (such as this one) are outright dangerous. When people talk about doing them, they talk about removing "the toxins" from their body, but nobody can seem to name exactly which toxins are being removed and/or the mechanism by which a cleanse/detox removes them (hint: there are none, and they aren't). Hence "TEH TOXINZZZ" as a generalized (and mocking) phrase for the fictional nasties which can't be defined or explained, but are somehow supposedly removed from your body by drinking whatever ridiculous concoction is the current trend amongst Dr. Oz and the rest of the woo peddlers. (And yes, I used the word 'woo' also.)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    edited November 2015
    Options

It's a shibboleth that identifies in-groups users of the Internet (teh) and MFP regulars ( anti-'sugar is toxic' crew). I guess you are not aware :wink:
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Haha removing imaginary toxins is not the reason i did it.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    The things people do to lose weight, even if it kills themselves.

Funny-Facepalm-GIF.gif?gs=a
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy that this thread is still going. It's nice to see that one possible, though perhaps not advisable, weight loss method post is still getting so many views!

It was a great question, OP!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    I'm so happy that this thread is still going. It's nice to see that one possible, though perhaps not advisable, weight loss method post is still getting so many views!

It isn't a weight loss method.

It might have a use as a laxative. Recommending the use of laxatives for weight loss is encouraging dangerous behavior.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options

It might have a use as a laxative. Recommending the use of laxatives for weight loss is encouraging dangerous behavior.

How is she recommending this?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

How is she recommending this?

Besides her saying "We're all different and what works for one might not work for the next. Good luck!" about the topic? Or have you not read her posts?
  • brower47
    Options

Because I'm openly mocking the concept that cleanses/detoxes remove any kind of toxins from your body. They don't. They're completely worthless and some of them (such as this one) are outright dangerous. When people talk about doing them, they talk about removing "the toxins" from their body, but nobody can seem to name exactly which toxins are being removed and/or the mechanism by which a cleanse/detox removes them (hint: there are none, and they aren't). Hence "TEH TOXINZZZ" as a generalized (and mocking) phrase for the fictional nasties which can't be defined or explained, but are somehow supposedly removed from your body by drinking whatever ridiculous concoction is the current trend amongst Dr. Oz and the rest of the woo peddlers. (And yes, I used the word 'woo' also.)

And they say woo isn't a word for mocking...
  • brower47
    Options

I never encouraged it.
This discussion has been closed.