Could not believe what my sister did...

Options

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I really just need to get this off of my chest...

About a week ago, I realized how much of a trigger food peanut butter is for me. I can't eat it in moderation, and it was causing me to eat wayyy more than I should have been. So, knowing that I'm the only one in my household who even likes peanut butter, I decided it was my choice whether or not it would be kept in the house.

So I told my sister about how I was going to give it up, and she agreed. She even mentioned that it was gross that I ate it by the spoonful, and proceeded to state that she "HATES peanut butter".

And here's what troubles me....approximately 4 days of being peanut butter free, I opened a cabinet to find a brand spanking new jar of it. When I questioned everyone why there was peanut butter in the house, my sister told me that "I don't control what everyone else eats" and that she really likes peanut butter and "I can't take it away".

I can't believe she would intentionally stock the house with my ONE and ONLY trigger food. I mean...really? She's never been supportive of my lifestyle, and it just feels like she really wants me to fail:frown:

I'd toss it and play dumb just like she did. Maybe she will see how irritating passive aggressive behavior is when she gets a taste of her own medicine.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    My entire family does this to me CONSTANTLY. My mom will buy a handful of candy bars knowing that they are my favorite. It takes my dad all week to eat them all so I have to stare at them every time I enter the kitchen. She also buys my favorite cookies and pastries, and pretty much any other snack I've asked her not to buy. Truth is you CAN'T control what other people do, so you have to suck it up and gain more self control.
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Sounds like she is jealous to me....she wants to stop you from being successful.....i would just try to ignore it and DONT give in...then you will be giving in to her tactics....if all else fails you could always hide it somewhere you wont see or think about it or throw it away =)
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I confess... I went and got me some peanut butter and now I'm eating it off the spoon.

OP's sister is sabotaging me even!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQETEkb-pulOi76tj9wyrcPqt8MNi3116XK9ECIqHAsmqyustb7
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I confess... I went and got me some peanut butter and now I'm eating it off the spoon.

OP's sister is sabotaging me even!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQETEkb-pulOi76tj9wyrcPqt8MNi3116XK9ECIqHAsmqyustb7

hehehe

My housemates buy cookies KNOWING I LIKE COOKIES and leave them on the TABLE!! They are HORRIBLE!!!

Horrible horrible people!

My son demands that I buy him ice cream KNOWNG I LIKE ICE CREAM! I am going to poop in it! Just to spite him!!!

....Not.

If you are this upset about food, you need therapy.
  • BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    Smother it all over your body lol by the time your done i promise both of you wont ever want to eat it again. (Kidding)

Honestly id throw it out of the house, everytime id toss it if she didnt like it she can keep it in her room.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    put it where you can't reach it. Works for me when my boyfriend buys cookies
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Ask her if she can keep it in her room so you don't see it.
  • cweaver1981
    cweaver1981 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Don't open it so you won't be tempted to eat it.
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Don't eat it! Attach a label that says "Poop" on it. Anything to make you not want it.

My husband got Outback today and I found a meal within my calorie budget. He's aware of my new lifestyle and supports it. However, I wasn't there when he ordered and when asked if he'd like it add something to my mashed potatoes, he decided cheddar cheese and bacon was the way to go.

Was I mad? No. I still find it funny he thought that somehow cheese and bacon was something I needed.

Anyway, the point is it wasn't intentional and didn't ruin my day/week.

As for your sister, she may or may not be testing you for the fun of it. But screw her. Pass up the peanut butter. It's not a big deal.

That is totally something my husband would do. He's guilty of the ceasar salad "because you are trying to eat better"

The man DROWNS his salad in olive oil. oh well, it's his body, not mine
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Ask her if she can keep it in her room so you don't see it.
    my husband used to hide his beer in the fridge in the RV for that reason. I think there is more to it than she wants peanut butter. I think she;s jealous that you are succeeding at making changes and she isn't?

i would ask her to hide it in her room, but i doubt she will, this sounds like rebellion to me.

sorry you're sister is immature.
  • mathlovingrunner
    mathlovingrunner Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Throw it away again. She's clearly doing it just to get a rise out of you. Fight back. Keep throwing it in the trash if she buys more.

Clearly?? How is that clear, cuz I dont get it..

Not only that, but how does anyone not get the idea that this is the sister's peanut butter. Can I come over your house and randomly throw crap out just because?

The OP said her sister was the one who wanted the peanut butter, not that she bought it. I wonder if the sister really bought it or if by her sister got peanut butter she meant the sister picked it out and put it in mom or dad's shopping cart. In that case, throwing it out isn't going to affect the sister anyway.

To clarify I am clearly in the don't waste food and throwing it away is silly.

ETA - I also realize how silly this entire thread is but I'm sitting in the car waiting for hubby. Gotta pass the time somehow

It doesn't matter whether the sister likes peanut butter or not or whether or not she bought it or the parents. If the PB comes up missing, the sister is going to say that she wanted it and clearly stated that she wanted it. Boundaries will have been crossed and arguments will ensue.

And if the parents did pay for the peanut butter, then it is technically 'their' peanut butter, therefore, the OP has no right to do anything with it other than eat it or ignore it.

It's time for a couple of girls to get a time out and go to their rooms.

Amen guy with the great pic!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Okay so go dump all the peanut butter out, spray pain the inside of the jar brown and put it back in the cupboard. This way when she keeps checking to see if it's still there, it is and she doesn't buy more.

Better yet. Just don't eat it, and actually fix whatever the hell it was that has you and your sister at each other like this.

Perfect answer.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    It's weird how some people are freaking out about this. Haha. It's not like the OP said this was the worst thing to ever happen to her and, like, OMG she's having a meltdown. She is just complaining a little bit, which I think people have the right to do, especially on a fitness site. It helps to ***** and whine a little here and there. Calm down there, killers. It's only a little post about peanut butter.
  • EjaneK11
    EjaneK11 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Just throw it away.
  • goombasmom
    goombasmom Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Find the most unflattering photo of your sister, and tape it to the jar. So whenever you feel that urge to eat PB, she'll be staring at you.
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My question is why you would confide in someone that you know is not supportive?

Throw the PB away and get yourself some powdered PB (PB2, Just Great Stuff, etc)
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    The world is full of jars of peanut butter.
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    I'd like to thank all of you who gave me some great, encouraging advice:) I'm planning on showing her who's boss and not even touching that jar haha

And to all of those who made a complete joke about this thread, I wasn't trying to make this out to be some horrendous crime..I just needed to vent. There's no need to make fun of me when all I'm trying to do is better myself:)
  • joeysfacts
    joeysfacts Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is actually a great protein I have in my diet. Just buy the all natural nothing added. She can have the crappy full of sugar one and when you feel the urge, have a spoon of yours. Or if her jar is unopened, take it to the food bank.