Could not believe what my sister did...

Options

Replies

• Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Any and every other action, including donating the peanut butter to a food bank, is going to lead to an unneccessary argument over peanut butter.

Maybe it IS a necessary argument. It sounds to me like sabotage. She said clearly in the OP that nobody else eats peanut butter, she is the only one, it's a trigger food for her (mine is cheese), she expressed this to her sister who claimed to hate it, and then her sister buys it. IMO, that's sabotage. And I agree with those that say if it's unopened in a few days, clearly nobody else in the house is eating it, so donate it to a food bank. And do it again and again and again until she stops buying it. If someone actually does it eat besides herself, then maybe it's not a good solution, but if not, then get rid of it. There is nothing wrong with that.
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Ooh but also, if you really like peanut butter, try that PB2 powder. You get that peanut butter taste with far fewer calories. Yes, I know it's good fats and yada yada yada. We ALL know that. But if she's trying to cut calories, she doesn't need all the fat calories.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    of course shes gonna try to trip u up, shes your sister!!
    you have 2 choices:
    hide the jar
    or
    eat it all right in front of her and stare at her while u eat it lol
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the whole thread, so someone may have suggested this already, but a reasonably good-natured response would be when she is making toast or a sandwich--or even eating celery--to suggest she have some peanut butter with it. "Oh, you're having toast? You know it's a lot better with peanut butter on it. Why don't you get some? No? Why not--you said that you love peanut butter!"
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter is also my trigger :devil:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Any and every other action, including donating the peanut butter to a food bank, is going to lead to an unneccessary argument over peanut butter.

Maybe it IS a necessary argument. It sounds to me like sabotage. She said clearly in the OP that nobody else eats peanut butter, she is the only one, it's a trigger food for her (mine is cheese), she expressed this to her sister who claimed to hate it, and then her sister buys it. IMO, that's sabotage. And I agree with those that say if it's unopened in a few days, clearly nobody else in the house is eating it, so donate it to a food bank. And do it again and again and again until she stops buying it. If someone actually does it eat besides herself, then maybe it's not a good solution, but if not, then get rid of it. There is nothing wrong with that.

Her sister bought the damn peanut butter out of principle... hoping to agitate her sister and instigate an argument. Whatever purpose she had for doing this doesn't really matter... what matters is that if the OP does do anything with the damn peanut butter and allows the argument to ensue, then she is showing her sister that her lack of will power is a weakness that can be manipulated to her advantage any time she likes.
  • blueeyez1727
    blueeyez1727 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I would ask her to put it in her room, just explain that you're unable to portion control with PB around. hopefully she'll play nice and do that for you...as for her buying it after stating she hated it? i guess you'll have to tell us if that jar ever gets touched!
  • alibee81
    alibee81 Posts: 62
    Options
    If this thread teaches us anything, it's how dangerous and contentious peanut butter is. That's why I avoid it at all costs.
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    am i the only one who is now craving peanut butter?
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    She's jealous and not supportive of you. So what. You have 2 lbs to go, and both you and her know that you have won this fight, with or without her help. If you wouldn't have mentioned what you were going to do, then there would probably not be any peanut butter in the house right now, since no one ate it or liked it but you.

Next time, don't make an announcement of what your intentions are (gonna run a marathon, gonna do a mud run, gonna jump out of an airplane) because she'll do whatever she can to ruin that also (or so it seems).

Good luck!
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Donate it to the food bank.
  • mamasitaroja
    mamasitaroja Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I do think since you discussed with her WHY you were getting rid of it, and since you posted that no one else in your family even EATS it (including her, right?), it was a bit of a sabotage.

That said, drink a BIG glass of water and do something for exercise every time you even THINK about the stupid jar and remind yourself that it's HERS and not yours, so you have no reason to touch it.....

Curious to see if she suddenly realized she LOVED peanut butter once it was gone, and actually eats it.......keep us posted?
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the pages, my response is just remember that it is her peanutbutter. That should be enough to keep you away from it. Then let her try to figure out why you aren't eating it and why she just wasted 6 bucks or so.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    It's just super annoying that I know for a fact she doesn't like it, and probably won't eat it. I don't plan on eating it, but knowing it's there is just taunting me:(

Put it on the top shelf of the pantry and quit dwelling on it. That's what I have to do with my trigger foods when others bring it in the house. After a month, they will forget about it as well and it can magically disappear.
  • shootergirlnc
    shootergirlnc Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    am i the only one who is now craving peanut butter?

Nope! Totally craving it now, too.
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    She is helping you work on your self control.

That's a good sister. :P
  • Daniele1213
    Daniele1213 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I agree with a few responses on here, but then thought of another idea. Empty 3/4 of it out.........just throw it out and when she notices, tell her you coudn't resist and ate it..............!!!
  • Jaemoo34
    Jaemoo34 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    you should try powdered peanut butter; this is your typical 2 tablespoons serving. just saying you dont have to completely eliminate your pb if you can at least abide to somewhat of the serving size, this isnt nearly as damaging
    Calories
    Fat
    1.50g
    Carbs
    5g
    Protein
    4g
    Dietary Fiber
    1g
    Sugars
    2g
  • shrinkingWITS
    Options
    Seriously?
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Pour a MASSIVE amount of salt in the jar and stir it around. You'll stay away from it b/c it will be gross, and if she actually tries to eat it, she will be in for a rude awakening! :laugh: