Could not believe what my sister did...

Options

Replies

• ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    15 pages of mental. Rendering me speechless is impossible, but this thread had come frighteningly close.

I'm actually hoping the dang thing will roll if it's not going to go away quietly. That way I can get it off of my list.
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7w64fbqYQY

this has never applied more
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    knowing that I'm the only one in my household who even likes peanut butter, I decided it was my choice whether or not it would be kept in the house.

Here's the problem right here. Unless it is YOUR house, why is it your decision what foods can be kept in the house? I'm sure you have to put up with things that are far more annoying than a jar of peanut butter. Just ignore it. (Yes, you can.)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Not sure what the issue is here. Part of changing your lifestyle or dieting is regaining control and part of that is learning restraint.

Yup.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I am not a shell!
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    *BUMP* To try to roll it.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I am not a shell!

two-little-shells.jpg?w=300&h=222
  • jakedner
    jakedner Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Whatever her intentions are, she is helping you in the long run. She's making you strong, just prove it to her!

Read this somewhere 'Willpower is a muscle; the more you exercise it, stronger it becomes'

^^^^ THIS!! You may thank your sister for this; one day...
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Your sister has no part in you losing weight. We need to make the choices that support our goals. Other people should not have to do without because you are trying to lose weight. My dh was very thin and snacked all the time. I never told him he couldn't bring it in the house. I learned to say no.
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Throw it away and every time she buys another one, throw it away too. See if she likes wasting money.

This!
  • Shaky44
    Shaky44 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Throw it away and every time she buys another one, throw it away too. See if she likes wasting money.

This!

Don't do this. It's not your house. It's not your property.

Move. As soon as practical.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    -Throw it out
    -Let the dog lick it
    -Put [insert various things] in it and laugh when [sister] eats it.

Gawd, some of you are just mean. Maybe the sister wanted it for herself, ffs. I didn't read that she stocked an entire cupboard with the store's rack of peanut butter.

And before you go throwing out things that you didn't buy (not targeting OP, to clear that up), think that over. You didn't buy it, and it wasn't for you... leave it alone. If someone started clearing out my pantry of everything that they thought was a trigger or unhealthy for them... :explode:
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options

don't do that. its a waste of food, and it could make someone in your family sick.

I really have an issue with people wasting food like that. some people don't get enough to eat, and on the flip-side, people spoil perfectly good food.

take it to the salvation army for people who need to before you ruin it for no reason.

I was surprised (i know I shouldn't have been) by the amount of people who said throw it away. Take it to a shelter, take it and a spoon to a homeless person, bring it to a church or any other place that might be doing a food drive. Don't waste perfectly good food. That's absurd!
  • Shaky44
    Shaky44 Posts: 214 Member
    Options

don't do that. its a waste of food, and it could make someone in your family sick.

I really have an issue with people wasting food like that. some people don't get enough to eat, and on the flip-side, people spoil perfectly good food.

take it to the salvation army for people who need to before you ruin it for no reason.

I was surprised (i know I shouldn't have been) by the amount of people who said throw it away. Take it to a shelter, take it and a spoon to a homeless person, bring it to a church or any other place that might be doing a food drive. Don't waste perfectly good food. That's absurd!

It's not hers to throw out. It's not hers to give away. It's not hers, period.

When you live with your parents, you don't have the autonomy to take these actions.
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Take the jar and hide it or better yet put it somewhere and take a pic of it and send it to her facebook and see if she can find it!!! LOL like the Traveling gnome!!!!! Oh I would have so much fun with this!!!

Put on the jar "Can Ya Find Me Now"???? LOL
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Take the jar and hide it or better yet put it somewhere and take a pic of it and send it to her facebook and see if she can find it!!! LOL like the Traveling gnome!!!!! Oh I would have so much fun with this!!!

Put on the jar "Can Ya Find Me Now"???? LOL

oprah.gif
  • nataliespq
    nataliespq Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree that it is your sister's food, don't throw it away. Tuck it behind some other items so it's not staring at you every time you open the pantry door. Don't add "fuel" to any fire she may or may not be starting. Good Luck!
  • maineapple
    maineapple Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Love Nutella too! I just wish it wasn't so many calories though because a spoonful of that can be very satisfying when craving it .
  • cchardy82
    cchardy82 Posts: 26
    Options
    I have to admit, I am laughing hysterically at this post. I can clearly remember fighting with my sisters like this.

If I were you, I would take a deep breath and move on. It is peanut butter. It isn't worth the emotional energy. So your sister may never touch it. So what? Take this as an opportunity to get stronger. Say no to the freaking peanut butter.

I say that with love. I really do. I understand trigger foods. Right now there is ice cream in my freezer screaming my name. It is there because my little boy loves it and it is his summer treat. I can't not buy ice cream because I want to eat the entire carton! I resist. I take a deep breath and remind myself that ice cream will always be a part of my life. It isn't like I am never going to eat it again! Remind yourself about that and peanut butter.

Peanut butter will always be a part of your life. Learn now to say no! If it isn't peanut butter, it will be something else. So, again, take a breath, pull up your big girl pants and stop whining ;).
  • maineapple
    maineapple Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! Send it to her facebook. When the kids were little the classroom did a 2 week long unit study on gingerbread and they had a missing gingerbread man that had to be found. They had clues and all sorts of activities, but in the end they had to find the gingerbread man. They had a blast. I bet you could have a lot of fun with this and turn it into a fun game with your sister.