SOS : can't lose weight AT ALL

Options

Replies

• Doone33
    Doone33 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I would go to doctor and see what if they can figure it out.. because I agree with the other post here... "No Advice will be taken, you already know it all!" additude will shoot down everything and anything anyone says....

DID
    YOU
    REALLY
    WANT
    ADVICE??

Or are you looking for someone to reassure you that you already know everything???
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    OP: it's obvious to me that you need help that you are not going to get from the forums.
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    Seriously.. everyone jump on the poor girl. She hasn't answered in hours.. maybe shes off sleeping or something. Patience, grass hoppers... wait to tear her down AFTER she actually refuses to open her diary.
  • pakoraman
    pakoraman Posts: 1
    Options
    Good Morning,

This is my first post.

I lost 12lbs and went from 24% body fat down to 14.6% body fat. Please listen to everyone here and you will lose weight as well.

You can look at my diary if you want to see what I eat. Since you said your diet is perfect I'll tell you what else I think is the most important to losing weight.

Drink at least 1 gallon of water per day. Drink like a fish.
    After that exercise (Personally I train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu 3-5 days per week)
    After that sleep 6-8 hours per night
    After that stop eating so much food late at night, keep it simple and avoid the carbs.

Good luck and keep it up everyone!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    While I have to lose approximately what this child weighs, I do feel her pain.

Yes, I weigh my food on a scale, AND measure it out. Yes I have had blood work done. Yes there were some abnormal thyroid levels, yes I'm on meds for that. Yes I exercise as prescribed by what my doctor AND personal trainer. Yes I'm eating the amount of calories that both say I should be eating. No, I don't drink my calories, (well I do drink a protein shake in the mornings occasionally) No, I don't eat a ton of sugar (however some cannot be avoided). Yes I've cut way back on the processed crap. No I don't drink alcohol in large amounts, even though I live in Wisconsin and it's like, expected. My drink of choice is flat water and rarely do I add any flavoring to it.

Weight loss is still nothing. I should add that when I started with my trainer I was losing consistently and lost 11 lbs. by doing everything I was supposed to do and have described. Then seemingly overnight I gained it all back (actually it was 6 days) I went to the doctor and had renal failure ruled out along with a blood panel drawn (I've been in renal failure before so that's what we all thought at first) which was when we found some abnormal thyroid levels but not abnormal enough to be overly concerned. My PC sent me to an endocrinologist who did put me on thyroid meds also tested me for Cushing's, and it was found that I didn't have that. (And HELL TO THE NO I am not pregnant. I'm a little too old for that silliness)

To this day I have not been able to lose any more than 1 lb. It gets me down. I feel like a failure. I don't want to be this way anymore. I know I can do it, I've proven I can. But I'm still doing what I'm supposed to be doing, eating what I'm supposed to be eating, exercising how/when/for how long I'm supposed to be. I'm sleeping 8 hours a night. It's all not working though and it's awful. I've even considered going to Mexico for lapband surgery. I don't want to be obese and gross anymore. I don't want to be that person who is in the electric cart at Wal-Mart shopping for crap food. I want to be able to go for a run with my 16 yo daughter who's going into the USMC, I want to go to Cross Fit with my GF. I want my husband to be proud when other people look at me, and I want people to look at me WITHOUT horror in their eyes.

So, just remember there are a few of us out there and it's hard. It is so easy to just throw up my hands and give up, but I guess I'm just too God damned stubborn, even though sometimes I really think that maybe I should. And whether we have 9 lbs or 119 lbs to lose, we're all striving for the same thing, losing the weight so we can be healthier.

Do you have PCOS? Are you insuline resistant? Go to an endocrinologist and have a complete hormonal panel (estrogen, testosterone, progesterone). It could also be early menopause.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    missed it never mind.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    So far, OP is an 18-year-old early-menopausal insulin-resistant pre-diabetic with thyroid issues and cancer.

THANKS OBAMA
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    So far, OP is an 18-year-old early-menopausal insulin-resistant pre-diabetic with thyroid issues and cancer.

THANKS OBAMA

Seems much more likely than underestimating food intake.
    Or even not giving enough time to see results

<insert "seems legit" gif here. I'm on my phone>
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

THANKS OBAMA

:laugh:
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options

THANKS OBAMA

My post wasn't aimed atthe OP. Someone else ask about her situation.

And why did you bring up Obama? Totally pointless.
  • jonnythan
    Options

THANKS OBAMA

Whoosh!
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    While I have to lose approximately what this child weighs, I do feel her pain.

Yes, I weigh my food on a scale, AND measure it out. Yes I have had blood work done. Yes there were some abnormal thyroid levels, yes I'm on meds for that. Yes I exercise as prescribed by what my doctor AND personal trainer. Yes I'm eating the amount of calories that both say I should be eating. No, I don't drink my calories, (well I do drink a protein shake in the mornings occasionally) No, I don't eat a ton of sugar (however some cannot be avoided). Yes I've cut way back on the processed crap. No I don't drink alcohol in large amounts, even though I live in Wisconsin and it's like, expected. My drink of choice is flat water and rarely do I add any flavoring to it.

Weight loss is still nothing. I should add that when I started with my trainer I was losing consistently and lost 11 lbs. by doing everything I was supposed to do and have described. Then seemingly overnight I gained it all back (actually it was 6 days) I went to the doctor and had renal failure ruled out along with a blood panel drawn (I've been in renal failure before so that's what we all thought at first) which was when we found some abnormal thyroid levels but not abnormal enough to be overly concerned. My PC sent me to an endocrinologist who did put me on thyroid meds also tested me for Cushing's, and it was found that I didn't have that. (And HELL TO THE NO I am not pregnant. I'm a little too old for that silliness)

To this day I have not been able to lose any more than 1 lb. It gets me down. I feel like a failure. I don't want to be this way anymore. I know I can do it, I've proven I can. But I'm still doing what I'm supposed to be doing, eating what I'm supposed to be eating, exercising how/when/for how long I'm supposed to be. I'm sleeping 8 hours a night. It's all not working though and it's awful. I've even considered going to Mexico for lapband surgery. I don't want to be obese and gross anymore. I don't want to be that person who is in the electric cart at Wal-Mart shopping for crap food. I want to be able to go for a run with my 16 yo daughter who's going into the USMC, I want to go to Cross Fit with my GF. I want my husband to be proud when other people look at me, and I want people to look at me WITHOUT horror in their eyes.

So, just remember there are a few of us out there and it's hard. It is so easy to just throw up my hands and give up, but I guess I'm just too God damned stubborn, even though sometimes I really think that maybe I should. And whether we have 9 lbs or 119 lbs to lose, we're all striving for the same thing, losing the weight so we can be healthier.

Do you have PCOS? Are you insuline resistant? Go to an endocrinologist and have a complete hormonal panel (estrogen, testosterone, progesterone). It could also be early menopause.

As I posted above I am under the treatment of an endocrinologist. I have none of those. We're working on it. I spoke to him today and found some interesting stuff out.

To the others, I wasn't asking for help. My diary is open to friends. I hadn't realized it was closed, and have chosen to open it only to my friends on here. Once again I'll stress I wasn't asking for help. What I was doing, was letting OP know that there are others out there. She's a sweet girl, I've spoken to her privately. She may want to open her diary to you, or not. Don't chastise the kid for it. Sometimes people just want to vent, and the anonymity of the internet is quite a lure.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Did OP ever respond?
  • KathyPerry70
    KathyPerry70 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Are.

You.

Using.

A.

Scale.

Open.

Your.

Diary.

Yes, I love how people pay no attention to the ripped girl who did it right. I think they do that because they are afraid if they even talk to you they will get big muscles. *eyeroll*

True. I'm all bulky and stuff :sad: It's contagious, you know.

Can I stand next to you then... I wouldn't mind catching some abs like that!!! If only it was that easy...
  • MoJoPoe
    MoJoPoe Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I sometimes think I have changed my metabolism rate by surviving on so little.

My best guess (newbie here) is that you need to surprise your metabolism. I just started 5:2 and really believe in it.

That's another thing- have a clear plan and visualize your success - exactly how it will all work.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I sometimes think I have changed my metabolism rate by surviving on so little.

My best guess (newbie here) is that you need to surprise your metabolism. I just started 5:2 and really believe in it.

That's another thing- have a clear plan and visualize your success - exactly how it will all work.

You can actually lower your metabolism by eating too little.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/919536-get-your-metabolic-rate-tested-my-metabolic-reset-story
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    2 days worth of not losing weight, and you're worried?

The only thing day-to-day tracking should be used for is trending purposes.
  • ecdce
    ecdce Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Did OP ever respond?

Negative, Ghost Rider.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Did OP ever respond?

Negative, Ghost Rider.

The pattern i...... wait, nevermind.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

THANKS OBAMA

Because everything is [insert name of current president]'s fault. And if only he had passed Obamacare years earlier, we would all have been saved from these awful maladies. And we must have more laws preventing us from eating things that are bad for us. It all has everything to do with it!!!