Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Pip, your photos of Yogi make me miss my black lab/ border collie mix that died a few years ago. She was definitely a character. Would squeeze through the smallest holes in the fence! I was amazed at how tiny she could squash herself to get out! She loved to play ball and would bring her balls to anyone who walked by.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    a5vqrgvh8gt6.jpg
    - thanks, my yogurt is also a character. he is a good boy and sleeps at the end of the bed. I'm glad he stayed on the smaller side, haven't weighed him lately but he is not as big as our goldens.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday beautiful ladies. Going to be another cold day with some snow. A friend and I are going to start walking at the mall. Going to walk on my days off and when I get off before 4. So going to start today. I know that having a walking partner will make it harder for me to space off. So going to start the new year off right.

Meg--Glad you did not get all the snow they talked about. We have a little snow, but a lot of ice. Glad you're sending a letter to the officer that stayed with your daughter. They do a lot of good and need to get that out in the news just not all the bad things.

Mary--Does sound like he is learning and with that cute face how could you not love him.

Katla--Sorry you are not feeling well. That crud lasts a long time.

Joyce--Sending hugs and prayers. I do hope the doctor can figure out what is going on with your eyes and make things better. I understand how you feel about your marriage vows. I feel the same about mine. Long as you can see the good in him I wouldn't worry about what others think. Just my opinion.

Lisa--Glad you are enjoying your trip. I do enjoy the trips we take where we don't have to be anywhere at any certain time.

Beth--My sister gave me an adult coloring book and I find that it does help me destress in the evening. Keeps my hands busy and not thinking about eating. So that is a double plus.

Terri--Thanks for the soup for lunch idea. Going to the store after work today and stock up.

I am putting together the basket for the New year's baby. Do think I got some nice donations and now this evening get a card made and all put together so can bring it to work tomorrow so they can have it in the birthing center for when the baby is born. I enjoy doing it for the most part. Going to sign off and type at you again tomorrow.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE

December Goals
    1. weigh less end of the month then at the first.
    2. log my food, every bite
    3. Take each day as it comes
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Well today I slept in. I had taken some cold medicine for my scratchy throat, and with giving blood I was just not functioning when my husband tried to get me up this morning to go do laundry. So he returns and is quiet, and seems mad. I tell him I am sorry for having him do it alone, but the medicine made me get medicine head. He asked if I had taken the dishes out of the dishwasher. I had forgotten to start it last night. OK I am sensing a theme here, so I say, "I'm sorry you had to do this all by yourself, and yes I forgot to take out the dishes, but don't gang up on me today, because I will not be happy". He said, "Well I have a splitting headache because the 3 kids ( that always are at the laundromat when school is out and are really unruly) were exceptionally mindless today. I said, "Well that is all you had to say when you walked in, I am not a mind reader". Communication is like pulling teeth sometimes with the man, but eventually he says what he is really thinking....

I have been eating Del Monte Natural fruit cups every morning (for the last two mornings anyway) and they are REALLY good! I bought the mandarin orange, pink grapefruit, and mango ones. Like eating sunshine first thing in the morning. Or maybe its because my throat is a wee bit scratchy.

I also have been eating Bear Naked Fruits and Nutty Granola with my vanilla soy milk and I kind of feel like a cow chewing and chewing, but it is really tasty too! So I get my handful of nuts daily!

So my January Plan of Attack

-log everyday and STICK to it.
    -drink my 80 oz of liquid (32 container of Crystal Light lemonade/36 oz of Stash Tea Moroccan Mint tea/hot Stash Tea peppermint tea) My body loves all the herbs!
    -Get serious with exercising. Workouts are work, my body will thank me.
    -Attend my TOPS meetings (be quiet and listen to see if I get motivated or is it a waste of my time)
    -Go to sleep when husband does, (or is it he has to go to bed with me?) End the Day with Pillow Talk.

Becca
    Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    well today i soaked up every glorious minute in the pool and the hot tub... visited with friends and enjoyed every minute down there have the last load of laundry in and have everything pretty much cleaned up and packed..
    we will be going over in a few hours to our renters friends house for dinner.. will leave early early tomorrow morning... I feel truly blessed to be able to have spent this time down here and God willing will be down here permanently someday soon..
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I am so very excited and proud of myself! I joined a gym today. There are classes every morning at 9:00 that work on different parts of the body different days of the week. I am going to give it a try. This is not the gym closest to my house but it is the one that gives me a huge discount. $190 for a whole year! It is a wellness center associated with a hospital. I used to go to this gym when I taught at the high school close to it. I am excited to be back. Today I did 3 different things with free weights and three with machines. Don't ask me what, Mary, because I don't have a clue! I am so ignorant when it comes to strength training, but I am excited to maybe educate myself.
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    LOL! Terri's story of biting the puppy's leg reminded me of the time our old dog was a puppy. We were on the floor and he got a bit rambunctious and nipped me. Without thinking I yelped and bent over and nipped his ear. I'm not sure which one of us was more surprised. After that I simply yelped when he nipped and it was enough to call a stop to the nipping immediately. It didn't take long to get him to stop nipping.

Mia in MI
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Well, have to admit I just about gave myself a heart attack just now. My daughter is taking a lifeguarding class and she had to be back at class at 2:30. I told her to holler up at me when she was ready to go. Then, I started working on something. All of a sudden I look at the clock and it's 2:34. Well, I thought she was late for her class. I went running downstairs looking for her. Good news... her father had taken her at about 2:10 so she was plenty early for her class. :p

With all the adorable dog/puppy pictures being posted, thought this was appropriate from a crazy cat lady.

Will post more later, but I need to get back to work for now.

Linda/IA

vxq61b8pwglm.jpg
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Pretty quiet day around here. DH arranged for a junk yard to pick up DD#2’s car; the best offer he can get is $175 which I find ridiculous. I did the grocery shopping for the week. I had to buy a whole ham and have the butcher cut it in half. I’ll vacuum seal it for Easter. There must be a ham shortage around here; I had a really hard time finding any at all. At least we have cauliflower and only $3.98 each. For the last 2 weeks, IF you could find them, they were 7 or 8 dollars apiece. Not sure what that was all about.

Mary MN: what a cute little doggie! I do agree with the others; a mile is way too long for him at his age. He is almost too young to leave his mother.

Pip: that is amazing. Where do you live that you can ride year round?

Gayle: I’m not sure I’d believe any physician who says you are too old to lose weight. It will be harder, but there
    are plenty of people around who have accomplished it.

Katla: sending get well wishes to you and DH! Is Schooner smiling or about to bite you? That face is adorable and hilarious!

Alison: is hubby the one you are referring to? I hope things get better for you

Ann: good for you to donate blood!

Barbie: stay warm!

Sylvia: stay safe in all that water! Hope the chili goes ok!

Grit: congrats on that weight loss!!! Glad DH is ok

Beth: I think the occasional gleeful binge is worth it! Hope the knee is ok!

DJ Hope you enjoy the wii fit; we sure do but only usually do it in the winter

Michele: congrats on staying as low as you did over the holidays. I’m with you; kids need to learn their own lessons in life. What kind of therapist is Brian talking about; I notice you put it in quotation marks like maybe it’s not a real (licensed) one?

Tina: those were all great resources!

Kim; can I come over for the lobsters?

Janetr: stay safe in all this bad weather on your travels!

Joyce: instead of a dilated eye exam, ask for an optimap. Same results, no dilation

Mindy: glad your holiday is going well. I’m waiting for the crowds to thin before seeing Star Wars
    Lisa: sounds like a grand vacation!

Tracie: nice to see you again! I have been awol a lot too lately

Heather: how much rain have you been getting?

Vicki: stay safe in that rain

Dr.Katie: hope the gym works out for you; good for you!

Mia: your story cracked me up

Linda; loved the pic!

Well I have loved all the pics here today, but must sign off. Take care all, Meg from chilly OMaha
  • annestrei
    annestrei Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am new to my fitness pal.
    My name is Anne and I am from the Boston area.
    I just turned 60 and have to get my act together and lose some weight. :):)
    So my January Goals are to eat healthier, track and exercise more.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Yeay drkatiebug!!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    megblair1 - live in Washington, very close to seattle, so very hilly
  • pipcd34
    Options
    annestrei wrote: »
    I am new to my fitness pal.
    My name is Anne and I am from the Boston area.
    I just turned 60 and have to get my act together and lose some weight. :):)
    So my January Goals are to eat healthier, track and exercise more.

welcome... I LOVE boston! been there once. you are so lucky.
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Today was a pretty good day. Hubby and I went to the Social Security office in Joplin to talk to somebody about hubby's benefits. He has decided to register for benefits now instead of waiting till he turns 70. I went along so I could get a feel for the whole process. Then we went out to the lake to check on the cabin. There was some water damage around one of the picture windows, so we will have to find the leak and get it fixed. But it's not bad enough that we have to do it today. Then we came home and found that his sister had sent us some peanuts from North Carolina. She sent one box of honey roasted and one box of unsalted (for me) which was very sweet. I searched online for a recipe to use them in, and settled on peanut brittle. I've never made any before, so it was fun to try. It turned out really well. Of course, candy is the last thing I need. So I'll have to find somebody to give it to.

Gotta go get some laundry done. Later, ladies!

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Alison ~ So glad you are enjoying your last day. When do you think y'all will move to Fla. permanently?

Day ~ Good for you joining the wellness center. I have been trying to make myself enter the fitness center near me but have still not got up the courage to do so. On a good note, I have been trying to do some easy stretching movements this week. Can almost touch my toes.

Many folks around here are having to battle floods. My college friend posted on Face Book a video of her driveway. It looked like a river.

Carol
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,206 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Meg - the rain down here in the south has been substantial, but not record breaking. In the north it is more than a hundred year record. Terrible floods. :'(

Drkatie - great start on the gym!

Vicki - nice to have a walking partner. :flowerforyou: I could not do my exercises every day without my DH doing it with me. My self motivation is zilch, but I can commit to another person. :D Luckily he has enough motivation for two. What I have to do tomorrow is get back to writing my memoir which I haven't done for at least a month, maybe more. Of course DH has still been doing his writing while we have been at home. Almost every day, unless we have had visitors. So, tomorrow is the day I get back to it.

Katla - I think you asked about DH's books. His name is John Ward. His first book is THE GLINT OF SILVER. There are two more after that if your DH likes it. My favourite is the third one. All on Amazon. He is now editing and completing the fourth book in the Winfreth Trilogy. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I wish I had half his discipline. ;):*

In the afternoon we will go down to our local M & S and buy ourselves a couple of steaks for our New Year's Eve dinner. I have a £5 off voucher. :D Don't really like NYE, so we will spend it quietly, watch the London fireworks and Big Ben on TV and then go to bed. Next door usually let off a few fireworks as well.

Love to you all, from Pole to Pole and Ocean to Ocean. :love:

Heather UK
  • pipcd34
    Options