WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2015

Options
1909192939496»

Replies

• Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    ddjac6r2vz0g.jpeg

Just popping in to say Hi to everyone. Have enjoyed completing the pre-printed drawings I received as a christmas present using a fineliner pen.

Wishing everyone a fantastic start to the New Year.
  • mommylern5
    mommylern5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

kimses2 wrote: »
    Hi -- I have a question for the group. What do you do to stay accountable in your weight loss? What I mean is that I am only accountable to me at the moment, and that poses a challenge. It's too easy for me to talk myself out of ditching the crackers in favor of an orange...walking out of the kitchen rather than grabbing something quick that is unhealthy. I hear that little voice say "I can start tomorrow OR...I haven't eaten much today."
    Tracking helps but I can still sabotage myself.
    I tried WW for so many years but I don't like the expense and wasn't wild about the support groups.

So...with the New Year looming, any thoughts? Are there challenge threads that you have joined? Other outside groups?

My pitfall is that I'm great about exercising, but still have what I consider some food addicition issues and have a hard time controlling those. I've managed to maintain some control over my weight (but am still somewhere about 30 lbs overweight) by being active. But I frequently feel frustrated with the food battle.

There's lots of success in this group, so let's hear about it!

Kimses in MA

• mommylern5
    mommylern5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey Kimses,
    I thought I'd reply to your question. I know what you mean about only being accountable to yourself. I always tried to do my journey alone as well until I met up with my beachbody coach on FB. She convinced me to try shakeology which is a nutrient dense super food that help with cravings, energy, building muscle digestion among other things. Love the stuff! Also once I got a program (DVD & shakeology order) she became my coach & added me to a challenge group with people posting every day about their journey. Their workouts, recipes & encouraging each other! I don't know what I'd do without them. If you are interested in hearing more I'd be glad to share
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Kimses - another thing you can do is to stay on this thread and message people if you have questions. I would gladly be your friend and go through this journey with you and I don't sell anything. Right now I am in the biggest loser challenge group that starts registration today through Sunday. You have to join the group but that might be another option as far as weight loss. There is daily support and confirmation and motivation as well as weekly challenges. Here is the link
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/23818-biggest-loser-team-challenge

Otherwise you can message me anytime! And I'm sure all the other ladies on here would be glad to answer any questions you have.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,908 Member
    Options

Here is the link to the thread for January--don't forget to click on the star at the top to turn it yellow to bookmark it so you can find it again.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10304625/women-ages-50-for-january-2016?new=1

• mjohemme
    mjohemme Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Forgot my fitbit today :'(
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    For those that are still posting to - DECEMBER; go to JANUARY, see BarbieCat's post above; when you get there, there is a empty star that you should click 'on' then the star by the bell ill become a gray one, you will the be in the proper post for this thread.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    terri_mom wrote: »

Tracie – We will be in your area in April for the State Youth Bowling Tournament. We actually just reserved our Hotel rooms yesterday evening.

Terri in Milwaukee

@terri_mom, let me know where you will be for the tournament and maybe we can meet up! How fun would that be to meet in person?!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    OConnell5483 - go back up a few postings and look for BarbieCat's last post; that will give you the link to get to January 2016. Didn't want you to wonder where it goes. Each month (last day) she posts a link for the next month. There will be a star up near the top of the page which is only an outline, click on it and it will turn yellow; after that you will be able to click the gray star that is beside a gray bell; and get to the current tread.

Lenora
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    OConnell5483 - go back up a few postings and look for BarbieCat's last post; that will give you the link to get to January 2016. Didn't want you to wonder where it goes. Each month (last day) she posts a link for the next month. There will be a star up near the top of the page which is only an outline, click on it and it will turn yellow; after that you will be able to click the gray star that is beside a gray bell; and get to the current tread.

Lenora

Thank you Lenora! I appreciate you taking the time to help me not get left in the dust... :smile: I found it!