WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Margaret - Beautiful pictures of the flowers. I liked how you make your newsletter. Very original!

Sylvia - Happy Anniversary to you and your DH <3 I hope you both have a great time Celebrating!

Mary from Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Will say Happy New Year to all you lovelies <3 we will be stopping for the night in a hour or so.just worried at what idiots will be at the hotel tonight..we try and get to sleep early but traveling with the dogs and being as frugal as Tom is we are staying at a knights inn,doesn't look great but its cheap and they don't charge for dogs..
    I am hoping this year is slot better than last.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Sylvia!

After my pity party about the grand kids staying over night, they called at 4 PM and said they had decided not to go out. And, I was getting happy for them to come. Isn't life funny?

Carol
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year's eve. I am so looking forward to the new year. DD came last evening and will be here until Saturday. She loves to talk. No plans for sure this evening. I work until 5:30 so see what we feel like then. Our church is having a game night 6-9. I plan to be in bed by 10, have to work tomorrow. Hope each of you are celebrating with fun and not food. I met my friend yesterday after work and we walked the mall. I can tell I am out of shape for it as my hip really hurt when we were done. We plan to meet 3 times a week to walk. We stopped at the prezzel stand to get a pop when we were done and she was surprised we didn't order our usual. One Day at a Time.

Katla--Congrates on joining the gym. One Day at a Time.

Heather--Good Luck on getting back to writing, I know you can do it.

Lenora--Hope you are feeling better, UTI's are no fun.

Sharon--Glad to see you back and sorry about DS's loss.

Mary--Sorry to hear Shep had such a hard time. I pray that DGK's puppy and him will be able to get a long.

Kim--How scary so glad no one got sick and that it is ok now.

Peach--Enjoy the time with the grandchildren, We are having four of ours stay the night tomorrow night. DH and I both work New Year's day so will have them that night. 2girls and 2 boys so should not have any problems getting along.

Gayle--Sorry to hear about your friend.

Sylvia--Hope you enjoy your evening out and Happy 19th. Does sound like you got a good one this time.

Well ladies time to sign off. As we end this year and start the new one, I pray that we all find peace and let go of the past. One Day at a Time.
    Blessings, VICKI GRAND ISLAND, NE

December Goals
    1. weigh less end of the month then at the first.
    2. log my food, every bite
    3. Take each day as it comes
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    I'm a little worried about Shep. I took him out to go potty and the next-door neighbors dog started barking and Shep stopped going potty and immediately started whining and tried to run back into the house. I hope I did the right thing. I just stood there as if nothing happened and he continued to whine. He calmed down then the dog barked again and he had a fit all over again pulling on the leash whining. This went on for about five minutes finally the dog stopped barking Shep quieted down and I let him back into the house. I think the experience from last night really scared him.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year to each and every one of you's!! It's like 30 outside, and its windy, so maybe like 20, we are not leaving this apartment! We normally don't do anything, except listen for all the fishing boat horns to ring in the new year. It's kind of a hauntingly beautiful sound :-)

Today I just exercised at the aquatics center with husband and son. Son got the medicine ball and we played catch for about 5 min (it was the 15 lb ball) then I did 20 minutes on the treadmill, running periodically to challenge my ol' heart. Afterwards son and I threw the 11 lb medicine ball around. I will be sore tomorrow!

Ordered my new swimming suit today! Its chlorine resistant so that is good. It has tummy control, and is a deep blue. I hope it works out.

Watched my husband and son pig out having pizza after exercising. Then while they went to the book store, I ate some California Rolls. Yummy. 300 calories, so not too bad. Snacked a bit when I came home.....done eating for the day and its 3:30 PM....*sighes*.......well tomorrow is a new year so I will get my act together! Love you bunch of AWESOME LADIES!

Becca
    Oregon
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Kettlebell Swings-
    Goblet squats- 3x5x25
    Russian swings - 19x7x25
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,206 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi all!
    Happy New Year from England!

Stayed up for Big Ben and the TV fireworks. Glad they weren't cancelled like Brussels and Paris. <3

Love you all.
    I ate too much and drank too much, but, what the hell, it was delicious! ! ! :D

Hope 2016 is all you wish for it. :love:

Heather UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Well at 7 PM we stopped for the night..the motel is even worse than I thought it was.I'm totally skeeved out... But exhausted.. Well up tomorrow am early and then home..
    Happy New Year!!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    Options
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Margaret, oh the pictures were truly breathtaking. I'm going to keep them on my computer. Thank you so much for sharing.

Janetr okc
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 12.22min, 14.4amph, 151mhr, 2.9mi = 136c
    other- 20min- arm wheel machine- 10min each direction, 94mhr, 23aw, lvl2 2.64mi = 74c
    other- 9min- arm machine (extend)- 9min, 93mhr, 30aw, .5mi = 31c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.17min, 13.3amph, 143mhr, 1.3mi = 84c
    ride dome 2 hm via 40th- 18.24min, 156mhr, 2.7mi = 203c
    total cal 528
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Lisa, guess where I am tonight, Fort Stockton, TX at the Ft. Stockton RV Park. Of course you are having fun in Florida, or where ever. I've been looking for your warehouse. :)

Janetr okc
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,912 Member
    Options
    :) I just posted the new thread for January 2016. Don't forget to click on the star at the top to turn it yellow to bookmark it so you can find it again.

Here is the link:

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10304625/women-ages-50-for-january-2016?new=1
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Just one last check in before the new year. Our dinner out was FANTASTIC! And I have enough left for two more meals. Hubby ordered fries and they brought him a baked potato. The waitress went back and brought him fries and told us to take the baked potato home, so we have that too. I don't know how they get that steak so tender! It's like butter, and mine is well done too. Anyplace else it would be like shoe leather. We've gone there every New Year's Eve but two (when we were out of town) since we got married.

When we got up to leave I noticed that there was a man sitting all alone just drinking coffee in the booth right behind me. I mentioned it to hubby and he said "you should have asked him to join us". Well, that is surprising on several levels. First, I didn't notice him till we were leaving, so it was too late. Second, hubby has always been so private! I have suggested a couple of times that it would be fun to ask a lonely stranger to sit with us, and he always thought that was a bad idea. Do I was surprised that he thought of it himself this time. I think hubby is starting to come around - or maybe he is getting senile! He's been a little more social lately. Standing in line I started talking to the young couple in front of us - who were also having an anniversary - and hubby actually joined in the conversation. He's never done that before. Usually if I speak to strangers he pretends he doesn't know me. Silly boy. Maybe there is hope for him yet.

Well, I have to take Spot into the bedroom so hubby can play ball with Molly out in the great room. Good night everyone!

Sylvia
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    happy new year
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Checking in one last time for 2015. Ball will drop in NY in about 15 minutes. I’ll watch it on TV and then head to bed.

Went bowling and then to see Star Wars with hubby and both daughters. I bowled a 109 and 107 which may not sound good, but that’s pretty good for me. If you like Star Wars, the new movie is awesome! We went to a new theater where each seat has a little table and you can order food right to your seat, so we had appetizers while we watched the movie. It was fun. Now both daughters are off to parties with their friends.

We are heading to my Mom’s house tomorrow for Christmas with my family. I baked some cookies tonight to take and I’ll probably brinan’tg something else, just haven’t decided what yet. Guess I better decide soon. We’ll get to Sioux City by 4PM so we can watch the Rose Bowl. The Iowa Hawkeyes are playing. We are not Hawkeye fans, but I think it’s good for the state to have one of our teams doing so well. So, we’ll cheer for them tomorrow.

Joyce -Hi! Those floaters in yours eyes sound very frustrating. I hope you are able to get in quickly to get your eyes fixed.

Happy New Year!

Linda/IA