WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Just want to wish everyone a fantastic last day of 2015. Have a great celebration this evening, saying farewell to the year. Wishing you all a Happy New Year and hoping 2016 is fabulous for everyone.
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Blinis and lumpfish roe YUM! That's what I call a New Year's Eve celebration. We'll be pigging out on a selection of stinky cheeses and fresh homemade sourdough bread. It's only once a year...

Our Strine friends are already in 2016 so good on ya sheilas, if you're reading this. Us-all Europeans are next. I'll be up later than usual, but I'm not going to wait until the West Coasters join us on the other side.

So Happy New Year everyone!
    /Penny, not quite at the emoticon-object-026.gif
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Well, I just skimmed around 400 posts. Of course, I remember practically nothing.!

Joyce - Your vitreal detachment caught my eye. I have one in my left eye. No doctor has ever offered to "fix" it for me. I'm having cataract surgery on that eye next month and I'm hoping that he'll find some way to at least help it. To be a little gross, it's like having a giant piece of mucus floating around in my eye.

We're having rain yet again. It seems as if it has rained pretty much every day for a full week. There is lots of flooding around in various parts of the state.

Hope everyone is having a good new year's eve!

Carol in NC
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Cracker went out in the sprinkling rain yesterday (looking for DH). Maybe she knows now that she won't melt or lump up. Crazy Puppy. Now back in her bed asleep.

Three sides of a coin? True - husband/significant other; you; and therapist and/or friends, family, and total strangers. I would advise NOT telling friends and family (or some friends); because long after you 'kiss and make up) - they'll remember it forever and usually bring it up (sometimes when it is not the right place or time. DDnL#1 & DOS have a couple as friends; and, right before he filed for divorce, the friend had told DDnL#1 about their problems and DDnL#! came home and told DOS and told him to talk to the husband of the friends. He said, "No, not just no; but, HELL NO! It would only mean that the wife had told her about it and then they'd be mad at both of them. Not their 'favorite' friends. DDnL#1 would probably put it on FB.

DH is feeling better, we've got 4 kinds of OTC medicines to help (both of us). Two tablespoons fully, antibiotic, and muscle/pain relief for me - I woke up today feeling much better from the UTI.

I've lost my place trying to keep up with answers to posts. Can only post to y'all if I do what others do and open 'Word' and type it side-by-side.

Bought a fitbit that normally costs $135 from groupon.com for $19.95 (probably not worth either of those prices) but; now I don't really understand the directions. Do they mean you have to download it into a smart phone. Is it free or is it one that you get charged for? ( :/ ) Scratching my head on this one.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYBODY
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    :#
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    We are keeping the two grand kids tonight so the son and wife can do something. I was a little upset about it at first because we usually have special snacks that we only buy for this occasion; but, my son and his wife hardly ever get a date night so this will be special for them. I don't think they have ever hired a baby sitter since we and her mom have always been "it". I feel so ashamed at myself for being upset about keeping them. Finally got my attitude straightened out.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Well we are in south Carolina right now,taking turns driving.will stop around 5 in Virginia.
  • sunsqueak
    sunsqueak Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Here it is, the last day of December, and I've just found your posts. Hopefully you are planning a January version. Happy Almost New Year ...
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Grits, once your Fitbit is charged up, go to Fitbit.com and register it. If your phone has Bluetooth and you do it from your phone, the phone will recognize your Fitbit. If you use your computer, you have to plug in the little usb thingy that came with it. Once you are registered, you can go download the app to your phone. It is free. You got a good deal. If you don't like the Fitbit, you can always sell it for much more than the $19.95 you paid, but I love mine.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    sunsqueak wrote: »
    Here it is, the last day of December, and I've just found your posts. Hopefully you are planning a January version. Happy Almost New Year ...

There will be a link to the January thread at the bottom of this one tonight. Barbie always takes care of us!

Hoping to see you there!

17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Going to have a quiet New Years, first in many years. My bff always has a dinner, she hires a chef n staff, this year she cracked her pelvis in 3 places plus her tail bone. I feel for her, lots of pain, she's just tiny. Prayers!!
    I wish for you loving kindness
    I wish for you good health
    I wish for you peace
    I wish for you love
    Gayle Minneapolis
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,050 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    3tbgarpu5cq4.jpg
    l0dsxjc4zc0k.jpg

From Como Conservatory
    adntdorew5e2.jpg

without the fence

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Margaret ~ Those are beautiful.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Waving Hi to Michelle we are passing exit 40 on 95 north in North Carolina.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,050 Member
    Options
    74bwivq23hgx.jpg

This is the news letter I send out for Christmas. I started this as a way to incorporate my love of comic and try to inject some humor into the annual newsletter.
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Well, Happy New Year's to all you nice ladies on this thread! I know many of us are struggling with other issues in addition to food and I am hoping we can all be happier and more fulfilled in 2016.
    It has been a pleasure to get to know you all. Going to be a quiet evening at home for me...not much into staying up late.
    Betty
    Really enjoying this time away from work!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,909 Member
    Options
    194904olsgis3xqe.gif I got to teach another line dance class for my friend who is ill.....I really didn't teach anything, just reviewed a lot of dances that we've done before and had two hours of fun dancing.

:) Be watching for the new thread about 6 PM (PST) and be ready with some reflections on your goals and resolutions for December and a list of your goals and resolutions for January.

<3 Barbie
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Happy new year! I just got home from buying groceries for my son and grandkids. He's out of money and not physically able to go shopping anyway, so I picked up DGD#1 and she helped me with shopping. Then the step-grandson helped carry stuff upstairs.

By the way, I think our little mouse problem is over. Spot has completely stopped hunting. I told hubby I was surprised that there was just the one and he told me that actually there were six but he didn't wan t to tell me about the others. What a sweetie. My ex-husband used to chase me around the house with dead mice because he knew I was terrified of them, or put them on the top of doors so they would fall on me when I opened the door. I think that tells you the difference between these two men. It's night and day. One wonderful, one horrible.

Tonight we are going out to eat to celebrate our anniversary. We have a tradition of going to the local steak house to celebrate. We don't do gifts or cards or anything. Then we go home and go to bed early. We don't even stay up for midnight. We are very boring people. This is our 19th. And we've never had a serious argument. Not one.

So we try to be there as soon as the restaurant opens at 4:30, since it's a nightmare getting in later on new years eve. So we skip lunch knowing they feed us way too much. I'm sure I'll bring half of mine home anyway.

Well, we are going to walk the dogs early, so I have to get going. Happy new year to everyone. See you all next year!

Sylvia
    in Sunny but Cold Southeast Kansas.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    happy new year to u all