290 to 178 in 10 Months! (w/photos)

Options

Replies

• DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hats off to You firstly for your phenomenal achievement, and secondly for sharing it. It is never an easy thing to put yourself out there.

When someone is very overweight it seems like an impossible thing to do what you have done. Setting those small goals is key!

I wish you a very long healthy and fit life ahead!

You're welcome W2BB! Yeah, it was kind of tough to share, a little embarrassing I guess, etc... but we're (I'm) working on that! It was by accident that I set a modest first goal! But yeah, smaller goals aren't as overwhelming! Thank you so much for your kind words!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Omg that's awesomly amazing I weigh 235ish and my goal is 170 and (not being ride or mean) if you can do it so can I am so glad I found this post thing I almost gave up...

Thank you Grace! Your weight is perfect to set two smaller goals... sub 200 and then 170. If you hunker down, that first 35 will disappear fast and will give you 'resolve' to hit 170. No luck needed... just go for it, do it!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Congrats!! If you feel half as good as you look, you've earned it!!

Thank you Morgan (we're neighbours!). The feeling of dropping that much weight is inexplicable. I feel... light... hehe.

• tissyhoward
    tissyhoward Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! I have battled off and on with weight loss since having my children in the 90's. I am starting back up with MFP because it has been what was most successful for me in the past. I am hoping to get back on track and back to where I was just one year ago! I pulled something in my foot and therefore slowly gave up the exercise and then eventually the food tracking too!! Thanks for sharing your story it has helped to remotivate me! :)
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Cvanessa09 wrote: »
    Thanks for taking the time on writing this. And just wanted you to know. That it is inspirational. Thanks and congrats on your great success

Awe, thank you very much Vanessa! Writing it was actually the easy part... pressing the darn "POST" button took a few minutes!! Thanks again!
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Such an awesome story such dedication you look completely fantastic
  • sallunia
    sallunia Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    so very inspiring - thank you! congrats! :-)
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal transformation! Also, the weight loss has taken years off of your face and will add years to your life. Well done...well DONE!
  • nmcrosier
    nmcrosier Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your amazing transformation. Well done, keep strong, keep up the good fight - Thank you for the inspiration!
  • VeganAmandaJ
    VeganAmandaJ Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Amazing work, man! Congrats!!
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats!!! :)
  • latashatristen
    latashatristen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look really good..
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Is this a trick.
    you really look like a different person. How handsome you look. I am sure you feel very different to. Thank you I am glad I made time to read your journey as it helps me a lot. Stay cool man.

Hey Cath... yes it is a trick lol
    #1 Sun in my face helps fill in the crease-shadows
    #2 After taking so many progress pictures you learn to smile "juuuuust" enough not to create wrinkles and bags!
    So, I thought I recognized your name! It took me a while to investigate (creep lol) but... we have a mutual friend.

I'm glad my story can help in any way and... "cool" is all a matter of perspective :smile:
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    I have a question. Did you eat the extra calories allotted by doing exercise? Or did you just eat your daily calories and not the extra given my exercise?

Hi LM09... Honestly, it depended on the day because calories eaten and exercise burn varied quite a bit. As a general rule of thumb, I always tried to net >1,000 per day. 1,000 may not sound like a lot BUT... it depends what you're eating. For example,
    1,000 calories = eating 90% of ONE Big Mac Meal
    1,000 calories = 7 pounds of Cajun Creole***
    *** Wholesome homemade Cajun Creole at just 33 calories per 100 grams and huge in C, A, Iron, and Protein!

Well this conversation with myself got sidetracked hehe. In summary, I didn't make a habit of eating back my calories but I DID typically eat enough to pop over the 1,000 calorie mark.
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    gaspegirl wrote: »
    Love your story and thankful you shared it! Congratulations on your success.

Merci GaspéGirl! Really the pleasure is mine to share. Thank you for taking the time to read... it was kind of a long-winded one :-)
  • always_smilin_D
    always_smilin_D Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Amazing results... good for you to sticking to it and putting yourself as a priority!!!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    gponter79 wrote: »
    Amazing work, very inspirational.

Thanks gponter! Best wishes with your own goal... really nice start!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    First, Congratulations! And second - THANK YOU for sharing your story.

I am definitely one of the people you have motivated to keep going.

I can relate to your journey completely and am glad to see how happy you look!

YOU ROCK!

Thank you very much TNM! I'm so happy that you were able to relate to my story! It looks like you have an incredible start yourself and I'm so glad that you feel motivated to continue!! Never stop trying, you WILL achieve your goal!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Fantastic work! Thanks for sharing your tips and a great success story to motivate others.

Thanks DisasterMan! I suppose everyone is different but I thought I should share what worked for me. I'm shocked at the response and so happy people find it motivating :smile:
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Congratulations..... you are truly an inspiration!

Thank you MM! Regarding the transformation,.. I didn't think the 170's was possible for my 'frame' without looking sickly. But, as I neared 200, even though I felt great, I could see there was still extra to lose. I'm pretty happy now hanging just under 180. I read your profile page and have the same passion for roller coasters. A few years ago, TWO attendants had to push on the shoulder harness to get me buckled in... I haven't been on a coaster since. Maybe 2016 is my coaster year? I hope it's yours!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!