Replies

• megan_bright
    megan_bright Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look years younger! Great job!
  • BhangraPrince
    BhangraPrince Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Well done DogRiverDude..very inspirational story..You look healthy and great..except for that RoughRiders jersey :)
  • 2015Mich
    2015Mich Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats! Thanks for posting!
  • DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Impressive! Congrats!

Thanks Tri!!!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    tracpo wrote: »
    Amazing job!! Kudos really it is impressive and you look great. You look so much younger now and the smile is so much bigger. Way to go!

Thanks so much Tracpo! I feel younger that's for sure and the bigger smile might just be because my head is smaller hehe :wink:
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    TayFit07 wrote: »
    Wow! Impressive! I see you're a roughrider fan; probably the reason you're so awesome!!

Hey thanks TayFit! Haha... a Rider fan too I take it? Aren't we're all AWESOME!!!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Batlady49 wrote: »
    Amazing. Your pictures really show and age difference. I have really been struggling to get back to plan (I have lost 85#) YOUR STORY AND PICTURES REALLY INSPIRED ME. THANK YOU!

Thanks Batlady! 85 lbs? Holy Schnikes, that's awesome! I'm so glad you found my story inspiring! Best wishes with your journey!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    You look fab, well done and thanks for the inspiration.

Thank you LadyShellBelle! I'm so glad you're inspired! Take it one day at a time and you'll reach your goal before summer!!!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    lanapembo wrote: »
    That's amazing! Well done :) xx

Hey! I know you :smile: Thanks LP!
  • gettingto65
    gettingto65 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    Wow losing somuch weight in 10 months - insanely good work!! You must be very proud.

I am wanting to lose around 70lbs ideally in around a 8-10 month timeframe. Did you find it hard towards the end When it came to continually lowering your calories seeing as you already started off pretty low?

I'm reading some conflicting articles and posts - some say start high and lessen your calories as you lose and others are saying how 1300-1400 calorie diets worked wonders for them. I am paranoid of starting too low and not having anywhere to go when I hit
    A plateau later down the track.

Guess I'm just wondering if you had any issues or would have done anything differently?

Thank you and congrats again!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    WoW!! What a total transformation. You absolutely needed to have told your story because it's stories like this that make us -who are still plodding our way through our journey, realize that we CAN do it! I don't doubt that you feel amazing right now, and now everyone can see those incredible eyes

Awe thanks SES, you're too kind but your comments really do mean a lot! I was also "plodding" my way through my own journey and, at my halfway point, befriended an awesome MFPer that really pushed me. Sometimes that's all it takes... a little push, a story, or anything to get you into the next day. I'm so glad I could help :smile:
  • TayFit07
    TayFit07 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    TayFit07 wrote: »
    Wow! Impressive! I see you're a roughrider fan; probably the reason you're so awesome!!

Hey thanks TayFit! Haha... a Rider fan too I take it? Aren't we're all AWESOME!!!

Absolutely a Rider fan!! And yes, but look at you go man!
  • p444cod41
    p444cod41 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
  • Cal_25
    Cal_25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This is awesome! You look great! And it is motivating to me to see others succeed! :smiley:
  • CancunJulie
    CancunJulie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    best post ever
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Wow, you look great, and so much younger too.

Thanks AFB!!! Oh, I dunno about looking younger but I sure feel younger. I've been heavy my entire adult life so to shed the weight so fast feels weird (yeah, lol... I couldn't think of a better word than "weird")

• DogRiverDude
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! I have battled off and on with weight loss since having my children in the 90's. I am starting back up with MFP because it has been what was most successful for me in the past. I am hoping to get back on track and back to where I was just one year ago! I pulled something in my foot and therefore slowly gave up the exercise and then eventually the food tracking too!! Thanks for sharing your story it has helped to remotivate me! :)

You're so welcome TH! I can't say for certain but... dedication might be the key. For me, I've been pretty strict with my diet for the past year. Although I over ate a little at Christmas, I really don't experience cravings like I used to. The longer you can stay on track, the easier it gets! Never get down or deterred by injuries... instead change your focus; if you hurt your foot, work your core and upper body. Never let injuries (or anything) get the best of you, change focus and move forward! Best wishes with your goal!!!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    BekahC1980 wrote: »
    Such an awesome story such dedication you look completely fantastic

Thanks BC! I'm glad you enjoyed my story! Good luck with your own journey... looks like you're almost there!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    sallunia wrote: »
    so very inspiring - thank you! congrats! :-)

Awe thanks Sallunia! So glad you found it inspiring :smile:
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Phenomenal transformation! Also, the weight loss has taken years off of your face and will add years to your life. Well done...well DONE!

Hey thanks DDG! I was surprised how the shape of my face changed... I dunno about younger but thanks. For sure added a few years to my life; I was in rough shape at 290! Best wishes with your own journey.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!