290 to 178 in 10 Months! (w/photos)

Options

Replies

• DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Lallen377 wrote: »
    Youre amazing

Thanks Lallen but really... just a regular guy that was on a mission :smile:

• muziique
    muziique Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    What a transformation! Fantastic job!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    mjwebb55 wrote: »
    Hi,I've just read about your incredible achievement, very well done you are an inspiration ,I'am just starting my journey at height 6ft 1inch and a starting weight of 270 pounds wish me luck

Hey, thank you Mjwebb! Super awesome you feel inspired but really... you don't need any luck! MFP has all the tools you need to succeed! Simply log your food intake accurately, remain at or below your calorie goal, and you'll reach your desired weight! But... just to be doubly safe... GOOD LUCK :smile:
  • Raemama
    Raemama Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Love your story--congrats on your good health!
  • earthling71
    earthling71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Amazing job.
  • countrcowgirl
    countrcowgirl Posts: 249 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Big difference and awesome achievement- thanks for sharing!!!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    This really is such a great thread. You lost a lot of weight and you set the stage for long term success. WELL DONE!!!! This thread is an inspiration.

Thanks so much SS! HOPEFULLY long term success LOL... doing alright after 3 months! So glad you found the story inspirational!

• DogRiverDude
    Options
    Thanks! Just the encouragement I needed today! :)

That's great to hear Heather! My blood pressure dropped an astronomical amount and I'm sure yours will too! You've made great progress yourself... 20% already, great job!
  • Pearlfinder
    Pearlfinder Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look great, but more importantly, it sounds like you feel great! Congratulations, and thanks for sharing your story!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    hancdon wrote: »
    Amazing story of success, I will reflect back on this during my process many times I am sure. Thank you for sharing!!!

Thanks Hancdon! Nobody was more amazed, surprised than me! It may not work of everyone but I approached my own process as "all or none". I went hard for 10 months and, well,... it just worked! My very best wishes to your own goal :smile:
  • OzarkLady76
    OzarkLady76 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    gcanter wrote: »
    Awesome Job!

Hey thanks GC! Looks like you're well on your way to your own goal. Great job yourself!!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    zgiarc wrote: »
    Awesome job and very motivational!!! Of the hundreds of SUCCESS stories yours is the one that helped me to see that I'm on the right path! Thank you!

Hey thank YOU for your kind words ZGiarc! I see you're making INCREDIBLE early strides. Amazing! Although the scale isn't everything, isn't it awesome to see success week after week! Keep up the good fight and you'll hit your goal in no time!!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    You look absolutely wonderful. Congrats on your success.

Thanks Bukowski! The best part is that "fit" feeling; it's been SO many years! To do something as simple as going for a run is just awesome!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    I love success stories! Thanks for sharing. Congrats on your success, you look very healthy and happy.

Hey thanks SIMLL! I love success stories too and it's still unbelievable to me that I have my own! Yeah, I definitely feel healthy and happy now. Oh, just wait, we're you being sarcastic haha :smiley:
  • swtroughear
    swtroughear Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    awesome! congratulations on your hard-work and progress and i hope you continue to break what-ever fitness / life-goals you find next!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    charmmeth wrote: »
    What an inspiration! I was lucky and didn't need to lose so much (down to 160 from 198), but am in awe of those who have made a journey like yours!

Thank you Charmeth and congratulations on your own success! It's wonderful that you recognized the need to lose weight before that 198 got any higher! That's actually one of my regrets... that I didn't see my weight gain in my early 20's as much of a problem. Thanks again and best wishes with maintaining!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    guruduttn wrote: »
    Awesome, Congrats and you are a very good inspiration.

Thank you Guruduttn! I've been quite amazed at the response!!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Lextmg86 wrote: »
    Incredible job!

Thank you Lextmg86! The same could be said for you being 70% to goal! We're both "desk jockeys"... part of the reason for my weight gain. It's WONDERFUL that you've tackled this NOW instead of later. It's something you'll be glad you did for the rest of your life!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Wow!!!!

Thanks LaunchPadMKQuak! Best wishes achieving your own life goals!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!