290 to 178 in 10 Months! (w/photos)

Options

Replies

• DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    That is amazing. You are an inspiration to many of us

Thank you KD! Honestly, nobody was more shocked and amazed than me. SOMEHOW, I stuck with the plan and it just happened. Search for the strength to stick with it and it'll happen to you! You're already 28% to goal... you should be feeling and noticing a difference AND... it only gets better!!! Best wishes on your continued success!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    This is incredible!! Great Job!! :) You should be very proud of yourself!

"Proud" seems much too self-indulgent when I think about myself Melissa but, thank you! Glad, surprised, shocked, even amazed are probably more accurate (for me). Anyone can achieve weight loss goals as long as you don't veer too far off course or too often :smile:
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    chamblisk wrote: »
    Congratulations on your accomplishments! I usually stick to the Over 50 crowd but happened to pick up your feed this morning. You are certainly giving back by "putting yourself out there" as an inspiration to others. I also found that you can teach an old dog new tricks and have lost a significant amount of weight over the last 12 months. No one is more astounded than me! I, too, was obese my entire adult life (and most of my childhood) so I set very small goals in the hope that it would work. And it did!! Yes, friends....you too can do this!! YOU are worth it!

Thank you for your comments Chamblisk! I'm close enough to fifty even though I feel half that! That's SO true about your 'old dog new tricks' comment. I eat a completely different than I did a year ago but... I HAVE TO! It took 30 years to realize but... I realize now! You've made astonishing progress yourself, almost there! Congratulations to you and your continued successes! Mayyyyyyybe your own success story is in order???
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    DAMN, you also lost like 15 years, you look so much younger and more energetic!
  • Garrett_Watts
    Garrett_Watts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look like a new man!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    I just discovered this thread and have to say, the pics are incredible. You do so amazingly well for yourself through hard work and dedication, but also a little forgiveness, which I think we all forget sometimes. I'm so glad you decided to put yourself out there and share with all of us that it is possible with discipline. I needed to see this today to realize how much I sabotage myself and rethink my goals. You did such a wonderful thing for your health and for your future, and your happiness shines through in those pictures. You should be incredibly proud of your accomplishment, and also of continuing to maintain your goal. Congratulations man, you earned it all.

Thank you Odnadevotchka. You are SO correct that we all need a little forgiveness. I ate as I pleased (more or less) while on vacation and ENJOYED myself immensely! For each day I overate while away from home it took approximately 2-3 days to get those days back but... I don't regret it one bit! That said, I don't get away much LOL... meaning, if I overate a couple times per week I would have never lost the weight that I did. It took sustained periods of disciplined eating and counting every single calorie for me to succeed. I'm truly a new person today and ironically enough attempted my first ever 5k run (albeit by myself). At 31:03 minutes (just <6.0 mph) I certainly won't be winning any events but it was quite an amazing feeling to run. There's no going back for me,... I just can't. Being "average" weight is just too awesome :smiley:
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    first of all....FANTASTIC. Thank you for sharing and your humbleness and sincerity shows through.

I'm curious why your calorie goal seems to change alot?

Thanks

Thank you Tom! My calorie goal changed because I can never leave well enough alone LOL! I was continuously changing settings in the MFP app that changed my goal, then, a few days later I'd manually readjust my calorie goal, then, a few days later another readjustment. When I hit my mini goals, the MFP app auto-bumped my calorie goal to maintain my weight, then,... back into the settings I went to readjust the numbers.

I didn't realize, until you brought it up, how often my calorie goal number changed! That said, I looked at my actual weekly "net" average consumption for the first few months and (for the most part) I remained consistently between 850-1250 net calories (of course the "gross" calorie number was much higher).

So... even though my calorie goal changed, my actual net calorie consumption remained reasonably steady when looking at the weekly average. :smile:
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    inglysh731 wrote: »
    Bravo

Thanks Inglysh!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    EdieSwa wrote: »
    Thank you - you are very inspiring!!

Thank you EdieSwa! So glad you're inspired... best wishes with your own goals!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Good for you on putting it 'out there'.. You have absolutely nothing to worry about! You've done such a fantastic job you should share! Well done to you!

Hey, thank you FitHealthyBKY! The weight loss process was trying at times but somehow I managed. It's a little easier now that I'm maintaining but I always have to be mindful about my food choices. Responses like yours make this post so worth while... thanks again!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Wow, I love this! I am going to share this with some special people I know. I just joined MFP and I am looking forward to allowing it to be my way of life. Thank you so much for sharing this!

Thank you SB! MFP has all the tools you require to achieve your goals! Log your food accurately, and remain below your calorie goal and, you'll definitely succeed! My best wishes to a positive MFP experience for you!!!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Congratulations and thank you for the insight you share. And, you look at LEAST 20 years younger! I wish you many more years of good health and life!

Thank you and you're very welcome MT! Haha... I dunno about looking younger but I sure do feel younger; even running now! I would never have imagined a year ago that I'd enjoy running! Well... I'm "working" on the "enjoying" part hehe. Thanks again and best wishes with whatever goals you have!
  • streamgirl
    streamgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic thread--you've done an amazing job and I think you have a great attitude about it--I love it when taking a healthy, moderate approach works so well for people. You are also right that it is more a matter of determination to stick to a plan than it is actually hard or even hard work. Difficult, but for a different reason (and one within our control!) Thanks for posting this--I got the link because someone posted it on their own wall.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    You look 20 years younger! Congrats!!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    muziique wrote: »
    What a transformation! Fantastic job!

Thank you Muziique! Congratulations on your own achievement; almost halfway to goal! Hopefully those healthy eating habits are beginning to become second nature you. From my own experience, good habits DO form!!
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! You look fantastic I'm sure you feel GREAT! Thanks for sharing....I do keep mini goals and love that...I have at least 38lbs to my bigger goal!
  • grace914
    grace914 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You're amazing! I love reading positive stories. Congrats! Thank you for sharing. This post will definitely push me today and hopefully in future difficult situations.
  • sukie6a
    sukie6a Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Super inspirational! Thank you for sharing.
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Raemama wrote: »
    Love your story--congrats on your good health!

Thanks RaeMama! I feel fantastic! I'm still eating healthy, keeping active, and loving life again!!!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Amazing job.

Thank you Earthling!
    Hmm, why do I feel like an Alien all of a sudden? :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!