290 to 178 in 10 Months! (w/photos)

Options

Replies

• DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Starman02 wrote: »
    Fantastic! What a great read! Congratulations! Such a huge accomplishment!

Thank you Starman! Everything just clicked into place for me. A little determination, great MFP friends,... maybe a little luck :smile:
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    NicolCook wrote: »
    Amazing results! Great job!!

Thank you so much NC!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    nancyko wrote: »
    You look awesome!! Thank you for sharing!!

Thank you Nancyko... it was really my pleasure to share my story :smile:
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    runner475 wrote: »
    Superb. Wishing you all the best OP in your future goals. What a transformation!

Hey thank you Runner475! Other than maintaining, definitely have a couple new goals in mind! Thanks again!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Hi! I just read your post and viewed your amazing photos. The most important thing I want to tell you is, "Thank you for sharing your story!" As you can see from the many responses, you have inspired so many people. You should feel great, not only for your successes, but the successes that others will now have because you were generous and courageous enough to share your story. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Wow,... thank you so much for your kind words Denise! It was an easy story to write but quite difficult to actually post. I sat for, what seemed like ages, before I (grimaced and) clicked the "Post" button hehe. Being overweight (obese) wasn't a "lapse in judgment" on my behalf... I was obese my ENTIRE adult life so, it was an embarrassing story to share. I am overwhelmed with the positive responses and I'm so glad I clicked that "Post" button! I was hoping to help "one" person but, the hundreds of replies have made "this" SO worth it! I really have to thank YOU and the many others for telling me that... putting yourself "out there" can be a rewarding experience!
  • KatkaDuckling
    KatkaDuckling Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That is amazing. You are an inspiration to many of us
  • melissajfleenor
    melissajfleenor Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is incredible!! Great Job!! :) You should be very proud of yourself!
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your accomplishments! I usually stick to the Over 50 crowd but happened to pick up your feed this morning. You are certainly giving back by "putting yourself out there" as an inspiration to others. I also found that you can teach an old dog new tricks and have lost a significant amount of weight over the last 12 months. No one is more astounded than me! I, too, was obese my entire adult life (and most of my childhood) so I set very small goals in the hope that it would work. And it did!! Yes, friends....you too can do this!! YOU are worth it!
  • MelkaBielka
    MelkaBielka Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just discovered this thread and have to say, the pics are incredible. You do so amazingly well for yourself through hard work and dedication, but also a little forgiveness, which I think we all forget sometimes. I'm so glad you decided to put yourself out there and share with all of us that it is possible with discipline. I needed to see this today to realize how much I sabotage myself and rethink my goals. You did such a wonderful thing for your health and for your future, and your happiness shines through in those pictures. You should be incredibly proud of your accomplishment, and also of continuing to maintain your goal. Congratulations man, you earned it all.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    first of all....FANTASTIC. Thank you for sharing and your humbleness and sincerity shows through.

I'm curious why your calorie goal seems to change alot?

Thanks
  • inglysh731
    inglysh731 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bravo
  • EdieSwa
    EdieSwa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you - you are very inspiring!!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    elawoman72 wrote: »
    You deserve to be 'out there'. Good for you and continued success!

Thank you ElaWoman... Haha, being 'out there' has been fun. Overwhelmed by the response for sure.
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    lusabeth08 wrote: »
    You look absolutely amazing!! What a great success story. I'm so ready for my transformation!! In time, I hope to post a success story as encouraging ad yours!!

Thanks LusaBeth! I sure feel great, that's for certain! There are many things in our lives that we don't have control over but... diet isn't one of them! My best wish to you achieving your own goals and we'll see you back here with your own success story soon!
  • FitHealthyBKY
    FitHealthyBKY Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good for you on putting it 'out there'.. You have absolutely nothing to worry about! You've done such a fantastic job you should share! Well done to you!
  • RondieBlax
    RondieBlax Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow, I love this! I am going to share this with some special people I know. I just joined MFP and I am looking forward to allowing it to be my way of life. Thank you so much for sharing this!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Yaya1976 wrote: »
    Well done :)

Thank ya Yaya! :smile:
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    lose4good1 wrote: »
    You were a good looking guy now you are sexy. Awesome post very inspiring

Haha Lose4Good... interesting comment, but thanks. Definitely glad you found it inspiring! You're almost 1/3 to your own goal... my very best wishes to achieving it!!
  • magnoliathunder
    magnoliathunder Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and thank you for the insight you share. And, you look at LEAST 20 years younger! I wish you many more years of good health and life!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Inspirational! Thank you for sharing your accomplishment.

Hey thanks FGIT, it was my pleasure to share! Best wishes with your own goals; looks like you're well in your way!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!