Salad.. great. Dressing.. AWFUL?

Options
123457»

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I use Kraft Ceasar Anything Dressing. 40 calories a tablespoon, I can get enough without doing too much damage.
  • gibbsedward
    gibbsedward Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Try the Bolthouse Yogurt based dressings. I like the Yogurt Ranch, only 40 calories per serving. Or for the ultimate light dressing squeeze a lemon over your salad - it's surprisingly good, really brightens up the taste of the veggies!
  • tracymnx
    tracymnx Posts: 105
    Options
    This is my favourite go-to salad dressing which also works great as a marinade and to add to stir frys etc, its thai in origin but ive tweaked it a bit to suit my taste. Beware I dont know measurements, just trial and error so play around with the amounts:

Thai fish sauce
    Light soy sauce
    Honey
    Minced fresh garlic
    Finely chopped green chillis (I love my food super spicy so dont bother to de-seed)
    Finely chopped coriander/cilantro
    Splash of rice wine vinegar or if you dont have this you can use any vinegar but will maybe need a bit more honey

Put the whole lot in a jar, shake well and there you have it! its really strong in taste so a little goes a long way, plus you can store any leftover in the fridge for months, but the longer you keep it the hotter it gets!

I love it in a green papaya and mango salad with a slab of grilled steak on top, YUM!!