What Mini Goal is motivating you right now!

Options

Replies

• The_Pace
    The_Pace Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    To lose 12.5 lbs by my birthday on April 11.
    Next goal is to lose another 15 lbs by end of June to be ready for swimsuit season.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose at least ten more pounds by my birthday in April. and to be able to wear my old shorts this summer.
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Lose a few more kilos by mid May, and treat myself to a nice new dress to wear to a special occasion - I'm going to attend a garden party at Buckingham Palace :smile:
  • winterfly6
    winterfly6 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I belong to a TOPS support group and we aren't doing so well. I just realized that I am affecting the weight loss of the group by not losing weight myself. I use this as motivation to do what I need to do daily to lose weight. If I do this, I am confident that the TOPS group will start losing weight.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Strengthening my hand so i can start strength training my upper body again.
    dy0bkkofeh0i.jpeg
    nkske6gr7v84.jpeg
  • Saraness
    Saraness Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm going on a cruise in March- so I would like to be at a average weight by then
  • DebBahr
    DebBahr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have two mini goals.

First one is to be able to wear a cute pair of size 12 skinny jeans. They are just a bit too tight and I think with another 5 lbs I could wear them. Don't remember the last time I wore jeans that weren't in the teens.

Second mini goal is to be able to wear my wedding ring. I haven't been able to wear it for at least 10 years. I refused to get it resized. Just kept telling myself that I would lose the weight. I think I need another 10-15 lbs to be able to wear it.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    samchez0 wrote: »
    Get under 200. This is a mini goal because I'm really only 3ish lbs away give or take. I just think it'll be a good motivator for me since I'm just starting out.

Success. Next goal is to get to 20 lbs lost. I'm at 6 lost now.

I also want to be able to run 5 mins without stopping.
  • whatang
    whatang Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Get under 200. This is a mini goal because I'm really only 3ish lbs away give or take. I just think it'll be a good motivator for me since I'm just starting out.

Success. Next goal is to get to 20 lbs lost. I'm at 6 lost now.

I also want to be able to run 5 mins without stopping.

Congrats! Mini goals is the way to get it done - step by step all the way :)
  • GymnasticsMommy
    GymnasticsMommy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My mini goal is to make it through Jan... then Feb.. so on and so forth. Ultimately to make it through 2016 no excuses with the stress and pressures of work. Every year I only make it through 6 months and fall off. This year will be different.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Doing my pt exercises at least 2x between sessions so my hip gets stronger by May 1 when I'm signed up to do the 5 Borough Bike Tour in NYC.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    To fit into an expsnsive pair of jeans I was able to wear 5 years ago. They are still cute and I think they will fit in about 10-15 pounds.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Twenty-two pounds lost so far. My next mini-goal is to get to a healthy (not overweight) BMI. That's about 6 pounds from now, so that's my target for now.
  • vegasleo79
    vegasleo79 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am so close to onederland, next week hopefully.
  • Catherine360
    Catherine360 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    To loose another 5lb reaching 155lb by my boyfriends 21st birthday in February when I will meet his family for the first time.
  • Erinsmiles2015
    Erinsmiles2015 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    When I get to where I want to be, I am going shopping! Can't wait!
  • jacqui_randle
    jacqui_randle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Setting mini goals are a great idea!
    This week - week 1 - my mini goal is to complete 10,000 steps each day.
    Just getting started with MFP, but like reading through forums.
    Thank you for all your great ideas and inspiration.

Jacqui
  • gillielizsr
    gillielizsr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    to be in the 160s by prom on april 1st (currently 182)!!
  • SharonDenzien
    SharonDenzien Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Lost 80 pounds starting january 2015. Heading to Hawaii for our anniversary next month.
  • GUARDiAN_GUiLD
    GUARDiAN_GUiLD Posts: 163 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Once I hit 185 lbs. again I'm jumping out of the back of Lone Starr and Barf's Eagle 5 Winnebago like last time.

mmradxeya8fs.jpeg

^ about 240-245 there.

I wanted to jump out of a plane but for my height (5'11/6ft) they said I had to lose some weight. That sucked but it was a wake up call. Set a goal of 200. I got there but still felt like maybe 10-15 lbs more pounds and it'd be great. Those last 15 lbs were the toughest but once I hit 185 about a year later, I was there signing death waivers and stuff.

zcaw6q3lil0z.jpeg

It's different this time because I know my body more and I know how to make weight and all of that stuff but these small goals really do help get you to whatever weight you want to reach.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!