Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What Mini Goal is motivating you right now!

Replies

• Heidijens123Heidijens123 Posts: 284Member Member Posts: 284Member Member
    I will be flying in October, the last time I flew was 2 years ago. Looking back at my weight logs, I weigh the same now (after losing 23 pounds) as I did that flight. I had to use a seat belt extender. That flight was American, the year prior we flew Southwest, and I needed an extender then as well, but was too embarrassed to ask. I could get it clipped together, but if I breathed too hard, it popped, so I took small breaths when it needed to be on.

I don't know what airline we'll be flying, but my goal is to keep on my 1 pound a week loss, be down 8 pounds from that weight that needed an extender. I don't know if I'll still need one, but at least I'll know I wasn't as heavy as the last time I flew.

An Update: I have lost 32 pounds now, I'm below that weight I last flew at, and a little more. I'm below the weight I lied about on my driver's license. I have a dress to conquer for this vacation trip, I may have hit that goal already, I haven't tried it on yet to tell. I am officially in the next size down in pants. I know we'll be flying Southwest, so we'll see about the seat belts. I don't know what weight I was when we flew them last. 2 more weeks til vacation!

Great update! I hope your vacation is awesome!
  • MsBaz2018MsBaz2018 Posts: 345Member Member Posts: 345Member Member
    My first mini-goal is actually to lose 25 lbs and get back into the lbs 100's where I was a couple of years ago.

mini-mini-goal on the way down is to lose 5 lbs (enough to get below 100 kgs).

So, - 5 lbs next two weeks
    - 25 lbs next three months

edited October 2018
  • MsBaz2018MsBaz2018 Posts: 345Member Member Posts: 345Member Member
    dr_russky wrote: »
    My mini goal is to stay under 145 lb. My starting weight was 172 and my current weight is 144.2! And I just did a little math that might help others stay motivated. Here goes:

I took me a year and half to lose 28.2 lbs. That's about half a pound a week, with some weight gain here and there. Nutrition science says it takes a calorie deficit of 3,500 calories to lose 1 lb. So those 28.2 lbs represent a calorie deficit of 98,700 over the course of a year and half. Dividing it out, that's ONLY a calorie deficit of 180 calories per day. That's about one candy bar per day, or for me, one banana (~100 calories) and a homemade latte (~85 calories). While half a pound a week may seem like a slow rate of progress to some, I feel like it is a sustainable life style change for me rather than a "diet." To those just starting out, celebrate the small successes (ideally not with food!), because they will build upon each other until you find you have hit a big milestone.

Thanks for the reminder. On the way up it is usually just as slow and often times barely noticeable: a busy week here without daily exercise and the 200 extra calories it buys you; a more social week there and the restaurant food and wine, slightly larger portions, etc. In a year and a half seasons change, fashion change and you can gain 15 lbs before you even realize it when you are buying a larger size.