strip club question??...

Options

Replies

• LandonRand
    LandonRand Posts: 166
    Options
    Wow! Lots of women are cool with the strip club action.

Never thought about bringing a date there. Perhaps I need to work it into my dating agenda.

Too soon on the first date? :)
  • curtissoph
    curtissoph Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I think if a person is young and insecure it would bother them.

As that person matures and becomes secure in their relationship they would realize its no big deal.

I suppose the common reaction is jealousy, which is just another form of a tantrum saying "Pay attention to me!"

false...I know lots of older people who wouldn't approve despite being married for decades...men and women.

They got older, but they never matured and never felt secure in themselves or their relationship.

Now if the question were "what do you think of strip clubs?"
    I've been in the past, but I've got a different outlook on them now. I wouldn't want my daughter, sister, or granddaughter to work in one, so it would be hypocritical for me to go. Not my cup of tea, but if others find them necessary I don't have a problem with them going.

For me, it has nothing to do with being secure/insecure. It has everything to do with respect for me and our relationship. I honestly have a hard time buying that that many women are really okay with it and even go along. If a woman is going along it's for one of the following reasons (maybe all of thee above):

1) Lesbian/Closet lesbian
    2) She wants to keep an eye on her man
    3) She wants to appear to be "one of the guys", which is the brightest shade of pathetic
    4) If she's going with her girl friends, it's to make fun of the strippers.

Disclaimer: this is my truth, you're not going to change my mind.

Just a couple of words on this... I get that I can't change your mind, but that doesn't make you right. At all. Furthermore, sexuality is SO much more fluid than just '100% straight' and '100% gay'.

Personally, I've gone to strip clubs with the boyfriend before. We've had couple's lap dances and generally it's just a good time.

That being said, there is this one strip club that makes me feel seedy and ashamed whenever I go there. the girls are all the youngest that they're legally allowed to be (I'm assuming they're all legal, anyway) and they look totally drugged up all the time and covered in rashes and stuff. Some of the strip clubs, I agree, are just exploitative and sad.

Fortunately, there's this other one close by where the dancers are absolute artists- you can tell they are good at what they do and they want to be there.

So for me it depends on the particular strip club, but that's more for my benefit than the boyfriend's.
  • athyraslove
    athyraslove Posts: 145
    Options
    I'd only strip for my husband though...I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable doing that in public! But I don't care when other women do. It's their body not mine.
  • NKfanKelli
    NKfanKelli Posts: 44
    Options

Never thought about bringing a date there. Perhaps I need to work it into my dating agenda.

Yeah....maybe not a first date. lol
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    just dont let him go in the champagne room....

Gerald Levert and Chris Rock covered this topic extensively in song. There is nothing going down, henceforth, wrong in these champagne rooms.
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    wouldn't bother me
  • athyraslove
    athyraslove Posts: 145
    Options

Yeah....maybe not a first date. lol

Haha yah, I would probably have freaked out if when we were dating he said he wanted to go. Every girl is different though you just have to ask. I also agree that it depends on the strip club and atmosphere.
  • zytah
    zytah Posts: 153
    Options
    I go to strip clubs with my girlfriends and I go to them with my husband. if he wants to go alone, that's fine with me too. we always have a good time regardless. I probably spend more money on strippers (who will actually dance and trick the pole than the ones who just grope themselves and sway around) than my husband does! :laugh:
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to spend the first month pretending you aren't a pervert.
    Once you've caught her, go crazy.
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I couldn't see MYSELF ever wanting to go to a strip club, if I was with someone I actually cared about. I don't see a valid reason for ME to do such a thing, and it is MY opinion it could potentially exacerbate already present insecurity issues even with the most confident of women, if you're a great guy and she's really into you she has reasons to assume other women might feel the same way about you.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    Lol, apparently lots of women hear haven't heard of "The Dancing Bear".

I'd encourage my wife to get a lap dance if she wanted to. Not a big deal.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    It would hurt me a lot if my bf went to a strip club. I would definitely break up with him. it would make me very sad :o(.
  • tammys_changing
    Options
    I don't have a problem with it either. We have gone together and he has been with the guys. I have also paid for lap dances. I think pole dancing it's a talent :)
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    wouldn't bother me.... just not something i'd freak out about. might even be a fun night out!
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    I'd buy the lap dance for him and possibly one for myself, too... :wink:
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    just dont let him go in the champagne room....

Gerald Levert and Chris Rock covered this topic extensively in song. There is nothing going down, henceforth, wrong in these champagne rooms.

Ha! Now that dumb song is stuck in my head.. "no sex in the champagne room.."
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I worked on a comm system for Shotgun Willie's in Denver. Spent most of my time downstairs in the dressing/locker area, near the cliched row of bright mirrors. What a sad, lowly, ruined bunch of girls. You can see the mileage that job was putting on their souls, how much they were giving away for each dollar. I wished I could tell just one of them how special she was and she didn't have to do that, but they only understood one form of praise. Puts a different perspective on it I hope.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I couldn't see MYSELF ever wanting to go to a strip club, if I was with someone I actually cared about. I don't see a valid reason for ME to do such a thing, and it is MY opinion it could potentially exacerbate already present insecurity issues even with the most confident of women, if you're a great guy and she's really into you she has reasons to assume other women might feel the same way about you.

And this.
  • SarahKJ0704
    Options
    Well I used to dance at a club and I can tell you from experience that many girls working there are very intelligent and bright and some the total opposite and would do just about anything for their next dollar.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    My exhusband use to go with my blessing, I got the reward at the end of the night.