What's the most delicious things you've had in the last couple days?

Options

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I have something delicious every day ( within my calories and macros ) I usually have a friendlys ice cre cake sundae or birthday cake ice cream. I practice moderation and portion control so am able to have a treat daily.
    I wouldn't be content if my treat was 600 calories of whipping cream and some other stuff I've read here. That's not my cup of tea.
  • Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I love food so I find a lot of it delicious, but I had a "binge" night a few days ago-the one truly unhealthy meal I've eaten all week. It consisted of nachos with tons of cheese, olives, tomatoes and jalapeños as well as crisp, hot, deep fried pickles with a mustard dipping sauce. Paired with a cold beer.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I've been experimenting with lasagna type dishes. I made one with ground lamb, eggplant and portobello mushrooms, with a homemade chunky tomato sauce and a ricotta/Parmesan/Greek yogurt layer. Topped it with a sprinkling of pine nuts.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    I have something delicious every day ( within my calories and macros ) I usually have a friendlys ice cre cake sundae or birthday cake ice cream. I practice moderation and portion control so am able to have a treat daily.
    I wouldn't be content if my treat was 600 calories of whipping cream and some other stuff I've read here. That's not my cup of tea.

I like those too but wouldn't put them in the mind blowing category, personally. For me, delicious ice cream would be that ice cream from the local creamery that is probably 300+ calories a serving. So I'm coming to terms with the fact that I have good daily treats, and delicious once-in-a-while things (like that bread pudding from a local bakery or homemade cinnamon rolls) that typically have too many calories to fit in most days when you're hungry like I typically am.. for sweets, of course... savory stuff is always easier to fit in because at least it's filling, but it's a rare day for me to find something savory delicious...

But as I said, I've become picky. Sigh.

Really delicious thing I've had here lately - that cornbread from the local BBQ place. It's eggy but fantastic. Otherwise, some good food, but nothing mind blowing.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    Went out for an "employee-appreciation" holiday lunch at a Southern (U.S.)-cuisine restaurant this week, and had a spicy pilaf with shrimp, andouille, and duck, and bourbon chocolate pecan pie for dessert. Mmmmm.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    baked potatoes with this really good bbq sauce on it

i dont know its just so good to me lately i will have it again tonight
  • scorpcookie
    scorpcookie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I made myself a festive smoothie with eggnog, strawberries and a bit of spiced rum. Gotta say, it was pretty good.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I just had a piece (very small!) of fruit cake. Man, I could eat the whole thing. I haven't had one in such a long time.
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Today I had, for the first time, a type of Scottish smoked haddock called Arbroath smokies. Absolutely delicious. Made it into a soup with potatoes, onions, milk and a touch of butter.
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Rice pudding
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My husband made sausage balls (the bisquick/cheese/sausage recipe) for a pot luck he was attending. I love those darn things and could eat the whole batch. Amazingly some made it home as leftovers, and I made room in my calories for four scrumptious balls. Yum.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    everyday i take a organic ciabatta loaf and cut 2 slices.. toast in in a cast iron with butter.. spread avocado add cherry tomatoes and fresh grated parm cheese. Broil it in the oven to get the parm bubbly then i toss arugula with olive oil s+p and balsamic vinegar and top the bread slices. its heaven and eat it everday and still one of the best flavor combos ive ever had.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    A couple of days ago, mojadara (bulgur wheat with lentils and lots of caramelized onions - 6 large onions for the pot) that I absolutely binged on. I just can't resist the flavor of caramelized onions and the way they go so well with bulgur.
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Cherries! It's cherry season here.
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    everyday i take a organic ciabatta loaf and cut 2 slices.. toast in in a cast iron with butter.. spread avocado add cherry tomatoes and fresh grated parm cheese. Broil it in the oven to get the parm bubbly then i toss arugula with olive oil s+p and balsamic vinegar and top the bread slices. its heaven and eat it everday and still one of the best flavor combos ive ever had.

Yum!
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of vanilla ice cream but we bought some from Costco for holiday pies and damn... That is some good ice cream. Really dense, creamy & rich and not too heavily vanilla flavored. Trying my best to stay out of it, lol.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I went to a restaurant yesterday for breakfast. I had 2 scrambled eggs, a whole cup of sauteed veggies, and a little feta cheese. And black coffee. Nothing else, but I felt incredibly satisfied without being stuffed.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Last night at a friend's dinner party: Brussels sprouts roasted with balsamic vinegar.
  • ekruska802
    ekruska802 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I had some lemon tart with very fruity, tart homemade lemon curd. It was almost pucker-inducing, and it was delicious.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Oreo truffle and a slutty brownie