Man Muscles?

Replies

• SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    tumblr_mainabbLPY1r3hbvto1_500_zps8bc72f2b.gif
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    really hoping I can sculpt a body like yours sometime in the future! wow!!

thank you!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    <---- this is what heavy lifting did to bulk up my legs. I use these legs to do squats and deadlifts, and then leg press, leg curls, kickbacks, lunges, etc.

After 7 months of lifting really heavy stuff, I am an epic failure at bulking. They just got harder and the cellulite started to go away.
  • jewel22887
    jewel22887 Posts: 72
    every body is different and those of us women who have higher t levels than most can get bulky just like men. I do have quite a few hormone problems but when I did a weight training for high school my muscles were not lean lovely girly muscles. Ask your doctor if you feel you bulk instead of lean maybe a hormone irregularity you have.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    In for snark and gifs.

And so I can do this: :grumble:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    every body is different and those of us women who have higher t levels than most can get bulky just like men. I do have quite a few hormone problems but when I did a weight training for high school my muscles were not lean lovely girly muscles. Ask your doctor if you feel you bulk instead of lean maybe a hormone irregularity you have.

statistical outlier...you are not the norm.
  • jewel22887
    jewel22887 Posts: 72
    I know but maybe OP is not the norm either wasn't talking to generalities talking to OP
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    You HAVE to read New Rules of Lifting For Women! Even if you dont do the strenth program (I read the bookand then decided to do Strong Lifts 5x5 because I'm too sleepy at 5 AM in the gym to figure out new lifts all the time! And the Strong Lift App Rocks)

Basically the entire premise of the book is that if you want that awesome, lean. "toned" look you should "Lift like a man to look like a godess." Eat lots of protein and do COMPOUND lifts. Compound lifts, like the squat, deadlift, barbell row etc will do WONDERS for you female curves.

I recently started lifting and OMG...it ia like I'm getting a mini buttlift every couple weeks haha! My inches get smaller, and the muscles just look "toned"

Even eating a TON of protein, lifting regularly and doing mountain biking, hiking, and yoga...I am not even close to building any "MAN" Muscles... Its Freakin hard to get "girl" muscles as it is :laugh:
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    bump I'm going to bed, but if this isn't locked when I wake up I know I will have a good laugh in the morning.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member

My testosterone levels are 3x higher than the average woman. I'm far from bulky.
    225 pound deadlift (working set, not 1rm)
    1005887_10200317386992472_344360148_n_zpse049316c.jpg
    My first bodybuilding competition (I was average size and in the heavyweight division)
    11d29681-a972-4cdb-8815-042e9edff3c5_zpsb34afadf.jpg
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    This is how manly heavy lifting has made me.

IMG_9957-copy_zps9030653c.jpg

IMG_9949-copy_zps3659010c.jpg

IMG_9961-copy_zps426bdbb4.jpg

I'm about 140 lbs in both sets of photos.
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Unless you take steroids or have a sex change, you won't develop "man muscles"! Lifting light weights at high repetitions will enable you develop toned, defined muscles without losing your feminine figure!!
  • keenesmom
    keenesmom Posts: 115 Member
    As far as advice, lifting is just going to make you toned ... women are not built to "bulk" agree on the lack of T and stay away from the HGH and Roids, lift and lift often bc you have nothing to worry about would be my advice.

This! I strength train 3x times a week. I have gained muscle mass but have not bulked up. I am lean and toned.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Lifting light weights at high repetitions will enable you develop toned, defined muscles without losing your feminine figure!!

What?

Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Unless you take steroids or have a sex change, you won't develop "man muscles"! Lifting light weights at high repetitions will enable you develop toned, defined muscles without losing your feminine figure!!

Lifting HEAVY, low repetitions hasn't caused me to lose my feminine figure!!!!!!
    Lift all the weightz.
    Eat all the foodz.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    pshh...i sure look bulky

LozSbtx.gif

THIS was bulky:
    44475254_1042.jpg
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member

My testosterone levels are 3x higher than the average woman. I'm far from bulky.
    My first bodybuilding competition (I was average size and in the heavyweight division)

quoted for awesomeness
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member

Huh?

This throws a wrench in my plan to break 100lbs on my squats tonight...
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Lifting light weights at high repetitions will enable you develop toned, defined muscles without losing your feminine figure!!

What?

Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif

^this
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member

quoted for awesomeness

Re-quoting for awesomeness. Because it is.