Who Gained Weight During The Holidays? I Have A Solution!!!

Options

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Jakep2323 wrote: »
    I remembered to pee over christmas. Thanks for the great advice :|

And I'm sure you feel much better for it. ;)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    I did but now need some advice. I gained about 10. A bit disappointed as I knew I'd gain over the holidays (since Thanksgiving) but not this much. Anyhow, the "problem" is whether to postpone (not cancel) my physical with a NEW doc. Maybe just til Feb early March instead of next week to rid myself of the bloat and extra lbs. I'm still within a healthy BMI, no health issues, just been delaying a doc visit (been about 5 years) for myself due to eldercare responsibilities for both parents and an in-law. Just would rather start fresh and feeling as "healthy" as I can. Dumb? Makes sense?

A lot of it is probably food and water weight. You should lose some of it soon.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I gained 18 lb from December 23 to January 2. I've lost nearly 6 lb of by January 5. I'm easily amused.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Jakep2323 wrote: »
    I remembered to pee over christmas. Thanks for the great advice :|

I'm so happy to see you reaching your goals, Jake. Great job!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    I did but now need some advice. I gained about 10. A bit disappointed as I knew I'd gain over the holidays (since Thanksgiving) but not this much. Anyhow, the "problem" is whether to postpone (not cancel) my physical with a NEW doc. Maybe just til Feb early March instead of next week to rid myself of the bloat and extra lbs. I'm still within a healthy BMI, no health issues, just been delaying a doc visit (been about 5 years) for myself due to eldercare responsibilities for both parents and an in-law. Just would rather start fresh and feeling as "healthy" as I can. Dumb? Makes sense?

Nope, does not make sense to postpone the doctor's visit, especially since you are within a healthy BMI. Get thee to the doctor's :)
  • chel36
    chel36 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great post! very informative and helpful! :-)
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I gained 18 lb from December 23 to January 2. I've lost nearly 6 lb of by January 5. I'm easily amused.

Yeah, I gained 9 lbs. I'm back "in the saddle" again and I'll be weighing tomorrow to determine if I've lost anything.
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I technically went up 7, but there is no way I ate that much over maintenance over two weeks, especially considering I was sightseeing with my family and we were regularly walking 20k steps a day. Very ready for the water weight to come off, though. This post helped me take a deep breath!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    @blambo61 @kshama2001 Thanks! So much for hoping people tell you want to hear!
  • brucejei
    brucejei Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Great post, now I don't feel so bad about gaining 4 pounds.
  • kkress92
    kkress92 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Middle of January and my Christmas weight is already gone. Plus an extra half pound or so...

Definitely helps to PP... :tongue:
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    Just a friendly bump of an awesome old post ahead of the holiday season (well... in the US. Holiday season won't start until the 6th of December for me)

Thanks, Ladyreva. Good perspective in the original post. Shared the link with friends in my news feed.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Just a friendly bump of an awesome old post ahead of the holiday season (well... in the US. Holiday season won't start until the 6th of December for me)

Thanks, Ladyreva. Good perspective in the original post. Shared the link with friends in my news feed.

It's one of the first posts I bookmarked when I first signed up here nearly 2 years ago. Every time I need a bit of perspective, I go and dig it up again.

Glad my bumping was useful to you :smile:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

@ladyreva78 I'll have an extra piece of pie for you today! And I promise not to complain (too much) when my weigh in tomorrow is shocking :lol: Thanks for bumping.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

It's one of the first posts I bookmarked when I first signed up here nearly 2 years ago. Every time I need a bit of perspective, I go and dig it up again.

Glad my bumping was useful to you :smile:

Awww thanks both of you! Glad you could find it useful! I'm off for a long walk now before the Thanksgiving festivities!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Just keeping this nice and visible...
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

@ladyreva78 I'll have an extra piece of pie for you today! And I promise not to complain (too much) when my weigh in tomorrow is shocking :lol: Thanks for bumping.

So?

@pinuplove Where's your weigh in this morning????

:)