Who Gained Weight During The Holidays? I Have A Solution!!!

Options

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    @VintageFeline I'm so sorry to hear about your baby. He looks so sweet, and to lose a family member at this time of year is so hard.

Hoping you can get back on track when your mind is in a better spot. Also, I've always been curious about hot buttered rum. Sounds dangerous!

Thank you. He was sweet and asshat in equal measure and the flat is far too quiet without him. I have two girls too but they are far too nice and quiet (and independent, Dave was velcro cat and I loved it).

As to the hot buttered rum, it is godly. Mine is without ice cream FYI, should you decide to investigate further........
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your sweetie pie, @VintageFeline. No time of year is a good time to lose a loved one, the holidays make it harder, though.

Keep being good to yourself.
  • machelle04
    machelle04 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! thanks for posting!
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I was terrified to get back on the scale after a week's worth of not logging and eating pretty much what I wanted. I was mindful of what I ate, but certainly didn't stress over it. This morning I finally had the guts to get back on...and nothing...not one pound gained!
  • dotwilldoit
    dotwilldoit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Most timely post ever. We know why we need to do but become sidetracked. PP program it is!!!
  • layladrew26
    layladrew26 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Awesome post you make a lot of sense
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Great Post!!!
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I always get up to about 190-195 during fall/winter, and then drop to around 180 by April. The goal is to have more muscle each summer than the year before, and I'm on track to do that again this year.

As of January 1, I'll be kissing all that beer/ice cream goodbye. :/
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Great post and I'll take that into the New Year- cheers!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Jakep2323 wrote: »
    I gained very minimally thanks to keeping up the gym effort. Beers were always going to register. Nothing that can't be lost next month :p Today is a great day :)

Well, it's the fifth day of Christmas! Time for some golden rings, Definitely better than all those silly birds.

Or did you mean something else?
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    I got on the scale this morning, I'm a good 10lbs up on my lowest recorded weight and I give no you know whats. It's not all fat, though some definitely is (I discovered hot buttered rum this festive season, completely obsessed).

But I also have had a very sad festive season due to losing the chap in my profile picture very suddenly the week before Christmas. It prompted me to just go eff it, I need to look after myself emotionally more than anything right now and I will resume where I left off on the 1st January. So I have eaten all the foods, am super bloated and have really rather enjoyed it!

So sorry about your loss, VintageFeline!

(I have stuff going on and am not really going to worry about any eating stuff or tracking or anything until Jan 2, probably. I think sometimes we just need to focus on other things, and having a day where you know you will change focus again isn't a bad thing, and to me that's one reason why days associated with new starts -- also new months, Mondays, etc. -- can come in handy, even if that approach is often not favored here (or such is my impression).)

Glad you've been at least enjoying the foods and the hot buttered rum discovery!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Jakep2323 wrote: »
    I gained very minimally thanks to keeping up the gym effort. Beers were always going to register. Nothing that can't be lost next month :p Today is a great day :)

Well, it's the fifth day of Christmas! Time for some golden rings, Definitely better than all those silly birds.

I never knew those started after Christmas! Wow, thanks for teaching me something. This really is a great day! :smiley:
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I gained almost 5 lbs, but it isn't the food I had. Bloody bugs n viruses and bacteria and medicines.....got a serious water weight issue happening, and I cannot blame it on the holidays. Dang lol.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
  • ShammersPink
    ShammersPink Posts: 215 Member
    Options

I never knew those started after Christmas! Wow, thanks for teaching me something. This really is a great day! :smiley:

Yes - the twelfth day (Shakespeare's Twelfth Night) is the Eve of the Epiphany - January 5th.

In England, it is the traditional date for taking down Christmas decorations. Is that the same elsewhere?
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

Yes - the twelfth day (Shakespeare's Twelfth Night) is the Eve of the Epiphany - January 5th.

In England, it is the traditional date for taking down Christmas decorations. Is that the same elsewhere?

Our family traditionally leaves up decorations until the Epiphany (Jan 6). That was also the day we had our celebration at my paternal grandparents' home.

Not English, though (Belgian Americans, very Catholic, too). Perhaps a bit of shared traditions?

Oh, I gained 7lbs of food baby (plus some real gain) during Christmas :D . Down 2.3lbs already. Rest will go whenever it goes. My past experience has shown it just takes it merry old time. I will be back in my normal range by the end of January. I'm the queen of patience.
  • lemurcat12
    Options

That's what we did (Sunday after Epiphany) although now I often go until the Baptism of the Lord (following Sunday). I justify this by putting up Christmas decorations/decorating the tree quite late so as to actually have an Advent that is separate (and selfishly, because my birthday is early December, heh, so we waited until after that when I was a kid and now it's habit).

Lots of people in the US seem to see Jan 1 as the date to get rid of the tree, etc. (if it's up as early as many put it up I get it, and even the before Jan 1 trees out by the garbage I sometimes see).
  • juliedowse151
    juliedowse151 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is so encouraging to me. I gained six pounds in the past two weeks..time to get back in the saddle!