Who Gained Weight During The Holidays? I Have A Solution!!!

Options

Replies

• Lutielu
    Lutielu Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you!
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite post. A+
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options

In other news, taking a diet break and a few days logging break has me renewed and remotivated. Best thing I've done to remotivate myself in months!

YES- best thing ever...A month ago I couldn't imagine rebooting but I gave myself a looong diet break and now I feel awesome and recharged and so ready!
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Loved the post! My trainer put things in perspective for me by showing my weekly login sheets where I jotted down my weight. I did not truly comprehend that for over six months, I have essentially been losing and gaining the same 2 pounds which means I have successfully been maintaining. In actuality, I lost half a pound over the holidays!

I gave myself permission to eat what I wanted, granted that I continue my exercise. Cooking and baking so much meant I was on my feet a lot and when I was watching a pot boil or waiting for cookies to bake, I was marching in place or dancing in the kitchen. It has been a habit for quite a while now and something I did not take into consideration when worrying about whether I was going to gain weight or not. Every move matters!
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    1^ Bump!
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I needed this. Thanks
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I'm glad these thoughts resonate with so many of you! I'm reading through this on the treadmill at the Y now, thinking how many resolutioners are going to be here in the next week and hoping they can be patient and have perspective so they don't set unrealistic expectations, fall into the trap of wanting to lose everything all at once, etc.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    toe1226 wrote: »

In other news, taking a diet break and a few days logging break has me renewed and remotivated. Best thing I've done to remotivate myself in months!

YES- best thing ever...A month ago I couldn't imagine rebooting but I gave myself a looong diet break and now I feel awesome and recharged and so ready!

Yup, I take a week off of the gym and eat at maintenance (staying active walking) every two months to rest/recharge mentally and physically. Keeps me going strong!

Great post, WG! Hope it becomes a sticky!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Great post, thank you for this :)
  • Petrolhead75
    Petrolhead75 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Well said, Happy New Year to you and good luck with your goals for 2016, however long it takes you to get there
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    While I agree with this, I think it does illustrate the difference between people logging properly on here vs what typically happens outside of MFP when people eat a lot of extra food at this time of year. For those who aren't very mindful of their weight or eating habits (again, I'm saying in the real world and not on MFP), I can see how this gets a lot of people in trouble. One pound of actual fat gain over the holidays would turn into 25 lbs over the course of one's adult life from mid 20s to around age 50. And that's assuming no fat gain at any other point during the year.
  • cwagar123
    cwagar123 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    K... I am in....
    but might I suggest you make your PP plan into some kind of MLM and watch the cash flow in!
    :)
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I totally know where those 10# came from ... they started with the week in NOLA at the beginning of November ... continued thru the Thanksgiving holiday, were aided and abetted by a virus that knocked out exercise for about 4 weeks, and were kicked over the finish line by the home made coquito and cookies and fruitcake and box of chocolates & roast beasts of various sorts! Eh - I know what to do, and I am doing it. Would I have changed my behavior over the past 2 months? I might have finished off the last of the coquito on new years eve rather than dump it out today :wink:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post and one that should be read by each and every MFP'er :smiley:
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    Great bump--and timely
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Fun post-thanks for the reminders.