Who Gained Weight During The Holidays? I Have A Solution!!!

Options

Replies

• Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Patience + Perspective = the PP Program. (And in the meantime, if you can go PP, it will help!)

Good post overall, and lol ^^ ((Yes, I did really laugh out loud at a potty pun...))
  • ivy6154
    ivy6154 Posts: 32 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    the holidays were my last big hurrah before getting serious about watching it! I actually did better this time then I usually do, but a cookie, is a cookie and I had them here and there! A cookie doesn't hurt, but what is hard is to stop at just one. They tell me that is what slim people do....stop at one :o Seriously?? :#
  • JILLCLI4D
    JILLCLI4D Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the explanation. I enjoy reading articles like this. People get the facts, not just the numbers on the scale.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    I love a good PP in the morning. Fun post. :) I will drink alot on NYE but not water. Wish me luck.
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    best thing I've read all day, thanks!!!
  • Katiedriss1
    Katiedriss1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Awesome post
  • jesguinn
    jesguinn Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Great post! In my head I know all of this, but seeing a bigger number on the scale is still painful, that's why I'm staying off of it for a few days!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Great advice!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,104 Member
    Options
    Excellent.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • carthur7575
    carthur7575 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate this post. Makes sense, helps me deal with my own struggles. Thank you.
  • Tami_H
    Tami_H Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This was just what I needed to read today. Thank you!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Yup. But then us regulars are the ones reading all the threads and not just posting our own panic stricken ones...........

In other news, taking a diet break and a few days logging break has me renewed and remotivated. Best thing I've done to remotivate myself in months!

I was already in maintenance, so mine wasn't really a "diet break" but I definitely relaxed my attitude for the last week or so about what I was consuming. Going into it, I was actually below the bottom of my maintenance range, so I knew I had a buffer, and now I'm 2 lbs up from that lowest point, which is still at the bottom of my range. I'm actually kicking myself that I could have eaten more!!! Oh well, that's what New Year's is for. ;)

I hadn't planned the break but things had naturally slid a bit with me not always being at my full 500 calorie per day deficit. I ate very close to maintenance for a week or so, 4 days no logging at all where I think I actually was only just over maintenance if at all. Quite surprised myself! But as of Monday returned to normal and have found it feels the same as it did when I first started and I'm looking forward to getting to my as yet not defined goal sometime mid year.

But tomorrow I fully intend to drink that whole bottle of Prosecco chilling in my fridge laced with Chambord and if it puts me over then so be it. 2015s last hurrah!
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I logged and had a surplus of 5280 for the week. It wasn't the food that bothered me, but the feelings that resulted in eating it. I hope I learned something from reflecting. I am not beating myself up because I have a couple additional pounds to lose, but I realize that I still have some work to do regarding my relationship with food.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Perfect PP Plan!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I support the message, but 3,657 calories? Yeah, before lunch. If I was below 5500 calories from December 24-26, I'd be shocked. Luckily, I gave up on logging around 4000ish. No regrets.

I was a little disappointed it wasn't more myself to be honest. That was my overage, BTW, not the total I ate in a day, and I'm maintaining on about 2200/day, so I definitely ate plenty!