Who Gained Weight During The Holidays? I Have A Solution!!!

Options

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I got on the scale this morning, I'm a good 10lbs up on my lowest recorded weight and I give no you know whats. It's not all fat, though some definitely is (I discovered hot buttered rum this festive season, completely obsessed).

But I also have had a very sad festive season due to losing the chap in my profile picture very suddenly the week before Christmas. It prompted me to just go eff it, I need to look after myself emotionally more than anything right now and I will resume where I left off on the 1st January. So I have eaten all the foods, am super bloated and have really rather enjoyed it!

@VintageFeline it's so good to see you posting again. (((Hugs)))
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I love this. Now let me put down my water and go PP.
  • chastity0921
    chastity0921 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Patience, perspective, and pee-pee.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I got on the scale this morning, I'm a good 10lbs up on my lowest recorded weight and I give no you know whats. It's not all fat, though some definitely is (I discovered hot buttered rum this festive season, completely obsessed).

But I also have had a very sad festive season due to losing the chap in my profile picture very suddenly the week before Christmas. It prompted me to just go eff it, I need to look after myself emotionally more than anything right now and I will resume where I left off on the 1st January. So I have eaten all the foods, am super bloated and have really rather enjoyed it!

Thank you! Not sure if that was more to do with forum fatigue than anything else. I will probably disappear again about 6 hours into the 1st of January when I can no longer take the onslaught of derp that's coming!

Fair enough. I'm thinking the same thing.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Jakep2323 wrote: »
    I gained very minimally thanks to keeping up the gym effort. Beers were always going to register. Nothing that can't be lost next month :p Today is a great day :)

Well, it's the fifth day of Christmas! Time for some golden rings, Definitely better than all those silly birds.

Or did you mean something else?

I never knew those started after Christmas! Wow, thanks for teaching me something. This really is a great day! :smiley:

Uh. The 25th, and what's the 24th, Christmas eve, so that's two, Boxing day, New Years, New Years eve, two Saturdays and Sundays, that's nine and three other days, which I believe are the Mystery days.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I had to come back and take a look at this thread again. So inspired!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Patience, perspective, and pee-pee.

Just gotta say.....awesome! LOVE this!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Last year I read a bunch of posts about what people where going to do for thanksgiving and if they were going to bring a scale to the table! I replied my plan was to try as hard as I could to eat 10,000 cals and my only fear was that I wasn't going to be able to!

This Christmas holiday, I did do my diet (IF) and stuck to that and I didn't eat a single piece of candy, not that I was afraid of gaining weight, but because I read sugar contributes to gout and I've had a lot of problems with it lately so I haven't had a single piece of candy for this whole holiday and I didn't miss it because i associate it with gout. And, my gout has subsided the last few days! Also I lost 2-lbs this week which is crazy for this time of year and I ate a lot but just not sugar (cheeses were my go-to indulgence this holiday).
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Thank you! Not sure if that was more to do with forum fatigue than anything else. I will probably disappear again about 6 hours into the 1st of January when I can no longer take the onslaught of derp that's coming!

<3<3<3<3<3
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    I gained very minimally thanks to keeping up the gym effort. Beers were always going to register. Nothing that can't be lost next month :p Today is a great day :)

Well, it's the fifth day of Christmas! Time for some golden rings, Definitely better than all those silly birds.

I literally have no idea what you mean lol

I literally have no idea what you mean lol

Jake, Jake, don't you know the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas"?
  • snowflake954
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I gained 5 lbs after Christmas. I ate a little of everything, but reduced my portions, kept up my excercising especially walking--4 hrs Christmas Day, and another 4 hrs the next day, St. Stevens (a holiday here). I took your advice and drank extra. After 2 days the extra weight was gone. Yay WinoGelato!! Thanks for being there when I needed you. ;)
  • snowflake954
    Options
    Jake listen to the song. On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me---"5 golden rings". You'll understand the "birds" if you listen to it all.
  • ShammersPink
    ShammersPink Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Two more nights of bacchanalia for me, before I get back on the wagon.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Measured my waist this morning out of curiosity. Only 1" gain. Considering I've done no exercise for at least a month and am salt and carb bloated, that's pretty good going! End of January is when I'll see the true damage and by then I'll be back to routine and will care even less than I do now.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I gained 5 lbs after Christmas. I ate a little of everything, but reduced my portions, kept up my excercising especially walking--4 hrs Christmas Day, and another 4 hrs the next day, St. Stevens (a holiday here). I took your advice and drank extra. After 2 days the extra weight was gone. Yay WinoGelato!! Thanks for being there when I needed you. ;)

So glad it was helpful! I too am back down to my pre-Christmas weight as of this morning. It's a couple pounds higher than my pre Thanksgiving low but still within my maintenance range. Yeah for perspective!
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

So glad it was helpful! I too am back down to my pre-Christmas weight as of this morning. It's a couple pounds higher than my pre Thanksgiving low but still within my maintenance range. Yeah for perspective!

I'm 0.4lb above my pre-Christmas weight, but I started lifting again, so I suspect some water retention in there too. I love the awareness that this community brought to me.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

I never knew those started after Christmas! Wow, thanks for teaching me something. This really is a great day! :smiley:

Yes - the twelfth day (Shakespeare's Twelfth Night) is the Eve of the Epiphany - January 5th.

In England, it is the traditional date for taking down Christmas decorations. Is that the same elsewhere?

That's what my family always did. I didn't carry on the tradition. I'm already sick of them. The house has started to feel cluttered. I want my regular house back.
  • Cyndiaquino
    Cyndiaquino Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Exactly what I tell everyone. Well said! Thank you. ☺