Who Gained Weight During The Holidays? I Have A Solution!!!

Options

Replies

• Valeska2017
    Valeska2017 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Luv it! Thank you. It made me laugh and gave me encouragement.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    2lbs has whooshed off from my festive feasting already and that's with some pretty good DOMS in the legs from yesterday.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    And I just checked if water retention is a side effect of a new medication I'm on and it is, so that's probably messing with my numbers too and will continue to for a while as I'm tapering up to therapeutic dose over the next couple of months. Tape measure is going to be my best friend more than ever!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I keep indoor lights and some decorations intact until mid march, cheersus all up over the winter darkness.

Really great advice OP. Good for holidays at any time of the year I say! ;)
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I think I may be hated for posting this....

So, before Christmas, my lowest weight was 276 (12/24). 12/28 I was 279.3. 12/30 down to 275.4. 1/1 was 276.5 and this morning (1/3) 273.8.

I'm pretty happy :)
    I think that's fantastic. I'm up about a lb myself, but I've been drinking cough medicine lately too (non alcohol version lol) and that makes me retain...pretty much everything lol. All will be right in a day or three...
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

So, before Christmas, my lowest weight was 276 (12/24). 12/28 I was 279.3. 12/30 down to 275.4. 1/1 was 276.5 and this morning (1/3) 273.8.

No hate in this thread! Good job!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Up 6, oh noes!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I'm... exactly the same.
  • Cylphin60
    Options
    I'm... exactly the same.
    I'd call that a win. ;)
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I did but now need some advice. I gained about 10. A bit disappointed as I knew I'd gain over the holidays (since Thanksgiving) but not this much. Anyhow, the "problem" is whether to postpone (not cancel) my physical with a NEW doc. Maybe just til Feb early March instead of next week to rid myself of the bloat and extra lbs. I'm still within a healthy BMI, no health issues, just been delaying a doc visit (been about 5 years) for myself due to eldercare responsibilities for both parents and an in-law. Just would rather start fresh and feeling as "healthy" as I can. Dumb? Makes sense?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Awesome! I'm down 4.7lbs since boxing day, so 1.7lbs down since before Christmas!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Awesome! I'm down 4.7lbs since boxing day, so 1.7lbs down since before Christmas!

Awesome.

So you and I can point and laugh at everyone who gained. Feel smug and all that.

:) j/k
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Awesome.

So you and I can point and laugh at everyone who gained. Feel smug and all that.

Well, ya! I have to take my smug where I can get it, because in 2 minutes, someone is going to hand my backside to me. :lol::laugh:
  • Cylphin60
    Options

Awesome.

Well, ya! I have to take my smug where I can get it, because in 2 minutes, someone is going to hand my backside to me. :lol::laugh:
    swe44rexy6ax.gif

• HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I have found this thread very informative and has helped me a lot with issues of fluctuating weight that I am struggling with since starting on anti depressants.

TBH even though I have been maintaining for 4 years I still stress (guess issues with ED's and body dysmophia never really disappear :( )....

It has been a roller coaster ride particularly the last 3 weeks including the Xmas break with family coming home and different eating patterns.

I am trying to breathe through the anxiety and keep logging as accurately as I can and keep believing that despite dreadful experiences of others with the meds I am on I can keep my weight stable.

Thanks @WinoGelato <3 your wisdom has inspired me often, also to everyone else who has shared their experiences I am grateful for the insights.

• kkress92
    kkress92 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I was able to stay within my goals on 28 of the 31 days in December.

I hosted an early December party and went over by about 150 calories.

Went to a fun holiday dinner and went over by approx 400 calories.

Christmas Eve was the worst of the three....but I logged everything and simply enjoyed the day.

I went up 2 pounds (I am betting most of that was from excess sodium as I am supposed to be on a sodium restricted diet and definitely had more salt in foods due to other people cooking them). Today, those two pounds are gone. Yea!

My BP has also come back to normal...it had elevated and my Dr told me that he was not worried with my numbers and that it was increased sodium. He told me that if my numbers were still high in mid-January he would be concerned.
  • SunnyDayzMomma
    SunnyDayzMomma Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaas!!!!