*!* JANUARY 2016 Walking Challenge *!*

Replies

• tanyamclattenburg
    tanyamclattenburg Posts: 51 Member
    I'll join. Been walking since May but still fun.
    MegMcB24 wrote: »
    I'm in :) Is anyone going to be using a Fitbit to track their daily progress?

I will be. https://www.fitbit.com/user/3LVH3Y add me.
  • pfontes
    pfontes Posts: 1 Member
    I'd like to give this a try!
  • SyllyReth
    SyllyReth Posts: 59 Member
    I'm totally in! Using my fitbit as well - https://www.fitbit.com/user/28J3YT
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,887 Member
    Groovy to all joining! Yes I have a fitbit!
  • lisawinden
    lisawinden Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in! Anyone know how reliable the map my walk app is?
  • dcowen1234
    dcowen1234 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm in too! I just got my fitbit today for my birthday! Ready to walk! :smiley:
  • amandasimons50
    amandasimons50 Posts: 19 Member
    I'm in!
  • AlphaHowls
    lisawinden wrote: »

I know that many use it, and my guess is it is like most things...as reliable as anything else. Nothing is ever going to be 100% accurate.
  • dryheatfitness
    dryheatfitness Posts: 97 Member
    I'm in! Did a so-so job for the December challenge average of 5k steps a day. Today, however, I ended with a bang 10k steps! Determined to make it to 10k 2x a week for January.
  • AlphaHowls
    Loriapt wrote: »
    I'm in: Sounds like a great Challenge to get everyone who's starting in Jan. 2016.

Can anyone tell me how to save or refine the community boards again. Happy New Years everyone!

If by refining, you mean turning some of the parts off. Hover over what you do not want to see and you will see the little gear and that is the settings and you can change what is displayed. If you want to keep this as a favorite, then click the little star so you can come back faster.
  • dryheatfitness
    dryheatfitness Posts: 97 Member
    dcowen1234 wrote: »
    I'm in too! I just got my fitbit today for my birthday! Ready to walk! :smiley:

Happy Birthday! Which model did you get? I'm looking at the HR as a prize when I lose another 2 lbs (rewarding myself every 10 lbs).
  • AlphaHowls
    I'm in! Did a so-so job for the December challenge average of 5k steps a day. Today, however, I ended with a bang 10k steps! Determined to make it to 10k 2x a week for January.

Nothing is ever so-so, if you get up and walk, you are groovin'! I think it is awesome for anyone just to get up and move!
  • AlphaHowls
    Ohhhh! I love my fitbit charge HR
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/3W22GN
  • teebeegeebee
    teebeegeebee Posts: 218 Member
    Count me in fitbit ready and endomondo up and running
  • ThisMagicMoment
    ThisMagicMoment Posts: 39 Member
    Love my Fitbit. I'm in.
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    lisawinden wrote: »

I know that many use it, and my guess is it is like most things...as reliable as anything else. Nothing is ever going to be 100% accurate.

Agree with Alpha. It's what I use though. I'm thinking a FitBit may be a good reward for maybe 15 or 20 lbs loss, and a good motivator to keep going after that. But for now I just use the Map My Walk app on my phone. It does sync the walks to MFP when you're done too!
  • glow5worm
    glow5worm Posts: 7 Member
    I'm in. Love a good walk
  • AlphaHowls
    A fitbit is an awesome tool and I would not even see it as a reward, but just the most awesome tool needed in one's tool kit. I used my Ipod for 4 months and got the fitbit for my birthday since that was the only way I could afford it. If I could have gotten it before, I would have had it. I knew I was a sedentary person, but WoW! I am really sedentary and this little gadget gets me groovin'
  • goodaznew
    goodaznew Posts: 12 Member
    is there a chart we will be checking on?
  • glow5worm
    glow5worm Posts: 7 Member
    I'm in. Love a good walk