*!* JANUARY 2016 Walking Challenge *!*

Replies

• AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,887 Member
    goodaznew wrote: »
    is there a chart we will be checking on?

Nope, just come by daily, or weekly, or whenever you please. Fitness is all up to you really. This is just a cheering and support section and you can post you mileage, time and anything else that happens along the way. I usually post my steps, mileage, time, and calories everyday.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,988 Member
    Im in, I got a fitbit for christmas also
  • CrystalConsults
    CrystalConsults Posts: 67 Member
    Woo Hoo! Have shoes, will walk!
  • RunningMum2017
    RunningMum2017 Posts: 22 Member
    I am in. Planning to start running but need to walk before running again.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Im in. I love walking and I got a FitBit for Christmas :)
  • kazzyv
    kazzyv Posts: 30 Member
    I am joining in. Have just started using my Fitbit so will track steps on that. Does anyone want to add me as a friend either on here or on Fitbit.... [email protected]
  • bookcase101
    bookcase101 Posts: 32 Member
    I'll join too. I was doing well with walking until mid-December when I got caught up with work and Christmas. Feel free to add me on here and Fitbit https://www.fitbit.com/user/3RW2N2
  • bethelbunch
    bethelbunch Posts: 4 Member
    I'm in too.
  • jules92761
    jules92761 Posts: 55 Member
    I'm in!!!
  • mkwarre
    mkwarre Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in. Best wishes for success everyone!
  • cmbert22655
    cmbert22655 Posts: 4 Member
    Count me in!!
  • germaine_yee
    germaine_yee Posts: 299 Member
    Hi guys,

This challenge matches my short term goal. I have already started walking from 1/1. I look forward to having fun with you guys. =)

Germaine_yee
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,854 Member
    1461351h0otf8hco5.gif

I carry a pedometer and keep track of all my walking and dancing for the day.
  • blackburn23
    blackburn23 Posts: 385 Member
    Hey everyone! This sounds like the perfect place for me. I have been walking some, but it has been sporatic at best. This year I want to start hiking. (Got a pair of hiking shoes and a walking stick, so I am equipped.) I just need to get in better shape and build up my endurance before I tackle the trails. So, I'm in and any advice is always welcomed. Good luck everyone!
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    I am totally in! Walking is my main exercise and hopefully this will motivate me to stick with it more regularly.

My goal for January will be to walk 50 miles. It's a *little* bit of a stretch for me, but I think it will be a good push that I need. Good luck to everyone on this journey :)
  • jules92761
    jules92761 Posts: 55 Member
    30 min treadmill walk and logged everything so far today. Off to a good start. :)
  • julieann1215
    julieann1215 Posts: 35 Member
    I'm in. I have a Garmin Vivofit 2 and I'm ready to put it to good use.
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited January 2016
    1/1/16 Walk with Leslie Sansone and Driveway 12,184 steps 5.32 miles 1:40:01 730 cals

It was cold out there today so started indoors then out to the driveway to cool off. So, there is my kick off for the new year!
    It was 30*F when I started this morning and I was just not wanting to be out there.
  • crystaliverson
    crystaliverson Posts: 2 Member
    I'm in!
  • I'm in too.

Had foot surgery in October and have been unable to go out until now. Still walking with a surgical boot on my foot, but I have another month off work, so this will encourage me to go out and do some gentle walking every day. Thanks for the challenge.