WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Becca - too funny!!! ear plugs do work. Once as an apt. dweller a gal friend and I shared a one bedroom (2 twin beds) and the neighbor was going at "it" so she and I did loud imitations of them and embellished them - after a very short time they were quiet. I'm having salmon for dinner tonight, artichoke and a slaw made from Kohlrabi.

smiles kim

Well its two ladies, so I have a hard time knowing when they are um done....so I can clap loudly or something. Unfortunately I am afraid they might get mean about that and do something like scratch our car....My intuition tells me to not confront them directly..... And I'm listening to that "little voice in my head"
    Becca
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Did about 45 minutes of "I Want That Body" DVD by Tammy Lee Webb. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Cathe Friedrich Intensity DVD.

Volunteered at the Green Room this morning, then went to Aldi, then to ACMoore, had dinner, back to the Green Room for the IDR for Tuesdays with Morrie.

We still have Denise's laptop we gave her for Christmas. Vince was going to send it today, but he figured with the snow it may not get to her until early next week. why he just didn't mail it is beyond me.

Thank you, everyone, for your kind comments on my fish welcome sign. It certainly took a long time to do (months). Actually, when it was fired it shivered a little so I had to do a bit of touch up. There is this Rust-Oleum spray that I'll spray on it. At first I was going to put the clear glaze on it and refire it, but one lady talked me out of it. she showed me a pic of something she'd made, it shivered a little and when she refired it, it shivered so much more. Well, in looking REAL CLOSELY at some of the green, I do think that it would have shivered more, so I'm glad I'm not going to refire it.

Congrats to all the losers

kimses - I use a real HRM. I don't think much at all of those ones where you hold on. The only time I really use it is when I'm doing spinning. It is just so easy for my heartrate to get too high. My biggest problem seems to be that my heartrate comes down so so fast. I think I have a Timex one, nothing fancy or anything. I figured I didn't need something real fancy since I'm only using it every few weeks. It was rated as one of the highest by Comsumer Report. Before this one I had a Polar. I did think that the chest strap was more comfortable, but it seemed as time went on that I was always having to change the battery.

Alison - we all need a down day every once in a while. You do a lot as it is, be good to yourself, take time and let your body take care of itself.

Welcome everyone new!

Angela - you've sure been thru a lot. Ounces add up to pounds. As long as its coming off.

Lynn - let me know what's a good time to meet up.

Sylvia - you give me way too much credit painting. Actually, my daughter drew the fish, and I had someone at the ceramics place outline the lighteningbolt. That I don't have a steady enough hand to do. I'm OK if someone gives me markings where I am to paint (like the scales on the fish), but do it on my own? Not in this lifetime. Listen to Carol in NC and be as healthy as possible

Tracie in Green Bay - yea for the diagnosis!!!

Donna in WV - that welcome sign is going to go outside the gate into our pool area

DJ - I don't think those roll are excess skin. It used to be when I did my plank, I could see some of the skin hanging down. Now it seems like that skin has filled out almost. I hate it. Someone gave me the CD to Menopause the Musical. Even tho I knew what was coming, the tears were still streaming down my face when I saw it, I was laughing so hard. I took a friend to see it when it was in Charlotte. I don't think she was too crazy about going but when it was over she said to me "I almost wet my pants I was laughin so hard". I know you'll enjoy yourself.

miriam - before Vince had the ablation, he would have attacks of tachacardia. One of the things he would do is bear down (as if you're having a bm). The added pressure on the heart would many times slow it down.

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    oalhl5g2le6d.jpeg

Tbt- bullwinkle my rocky may he R.I.P. Sitting nice and tall, and a baby Floyd. Nite peep er roonies
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Pip - cute puppies! Rocky looks like a proud dog!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    <3
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Caught the crud ... Horrible food choices that I couldn't even taste ... Going to bed.

Beth

I'm so sorry. I wish you lived closer. I'd make you some homemade chicken noodle soup.
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Michele, yes, that one often works best. I was just being more discrete. My mom and grandmother both had the disorder. Grandma would just "feel faint" and go lie down. She was born in 1900, when women often felt faint. My mom, who had Munchausen's, of course milked the spells for all the attention she could get, often inducing them with stimulant medication on purpose. When that stopped getting attention (she moved to a rural area and the local hospitals got wise to her) she decided she needed the ablation and pacemaker. For those of you who don't know, Muchausen's is a mental illness that is like severe hypochondria but people with it will actually make themselves sick for the attention they receive. My mom would doctor shop, getting stimulants from one (claiming narcolepsy or some other hard to prove disorder) and downers from another. She was often taking medication from different doctors that were not good to be combined. The pharmacists in this rural area in Vermont figured out what she was doing, and insisted they would only fill meds from ONE doctor for her. Put a cramp in her style, so she started going to New York for medical care! At least she didn't have Munchausen's by proxy- that is where a mother makes her CHILD sick to get attention from medical personnel.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Barbie, love it. I could use a back rub, ley me know how that goes. :D

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    Options
    My new bracelet and ring, handmade and and signed by a Zuni artist. I loved it, so my terrific husband bought it for me. His hand is so big makes the bracelet look like a ring. :)
    mscoc470qs4a.jpg
  • janetr7476
    Options
    We have decided to extend our stay in AZ. The weather is so beautiful we're not ready yet to face the cold. Not sure yet how long we will stay.

Janetr okc
  • EllenFlickner
    EllenFlickner Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Michele in NC : Thanks....and i wish planet fitness was open 24/7 it would make it much easier, but sadly not the one here and the gyms in the area that are open 24/7 have fees that so far out of my budget that it isn't helpful, with it be winter its tough to spent too much time outside.
  • EllenFlickner
    EllenFlickner Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sadly tonight's a *kitten* night at work, a very long one....hoping I get out before it's too late to make it to the gym, another 2 1/2 hours before the gym opens, but if I get off later then 5 am, just doesn't leave much to get enough sleep before I start work again. Sometimes there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in 24 hours...lol
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Janetr beautiful bracelet and ring! Have fun in Arizona! I wish I was in a warmer place!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    JanetR - love the ring/bracelet... Zuni/Navajo/Hopi designs can be so beautiful, and love the colors.

When I was in restaurant hell, the amethyst fell out of the Black Hills gold ring my husband bought me some years back. He took an opal from a necklace that I never wear, given to me more than 30 years ago, and replaced the lost amethyst. I didn't know he could do work that fine! Rings and small earrings are the only jewelry I'll actually wear. Necklaces are just annoying. I will wear a bracelet to go out, but then it has to come right back off.

Enjoying the freelance writing gig... love feeling my brain kick back into gear. Couple hours of that this morning, off to town to work out, then back to the ranch.

Later,
    Lisa from West Texas
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    morning all~
    feeling a bit better, well the storm is on the move and here is my dilemma..they could be rescheduling our patients tomorrow to next saterday..,now next saterday I am supposed to spend the day and overnight with Faith, Jean's mom as she needs to go up to the house in new hampshire for something.. they want to reschedule patients to next saterday.. I let Jean know already..
    Dont know if they will reschedule the dinner theater tomorrow night either, should be more snow at the shore than inland
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,365 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Tracie - that is really good news! <3

Barbie - I'm so hoping you're going to get some answers. Wouldn't it be great to know about your ancestry. Can you ask?

Angel - I think you have done brilliantly to only put back 15 lbs under those circumstances. My weight gain on chemo was much higher. Don't worry if it's slow losing, as long as it's going downwards. :D

We had such a fabulous time with the grandchildren yesterday. We played sleeping in a tent with DGD then with the two of them we did hide and seek, musical bumps and statues and birthday parties. I was a cuckoo clock and it was my birthday. :D I must say I made a great cuckoo clock IMHO. We did some dancing so my knees are feeling it this morning.
    We had a lovely feast on the train, but we had a bit of wine during the evening, so today is an alcohol free day. o:):) Went over calories, but not over maintenance, so I'm comfortable with that. DH and I had a great chat on the train so we were happy.
    When we got to changing trains it was all a bit chaotic as the station put an extra train on just for that exchange. Only one of the doors would open and the guard was laughing and joking over the PA as we crowded in so we were all in a good mood.:laugh:

Will post a photo of the DGKs later when I've got it off my phone.

My tooth is still bothersome, so I rang the dentist this morning. I'm going to pick up some antibiotics from her this afternoon, but only take them if it gets worse. When I see her in two weeks it looks like I will have to have an extraction. :ohwell: I was just panicking about the weekend, but having the antibiotics with me will be a reassurance,.

Love Heather UK
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Oh Heather, I hope your tooth feels better soon! I am remembering the pain when I needed a tooth pulled, and I feel for you to be going through that. I could suddenly understand how someone could use a chisel and hammer to remove their own tooth!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Heather~ if you have yogurt have some if that with your antibiotic, should keep you from getting stomach upset from the antibiotic..
    if they reschedule, I will be going up to Jean's friday night and stay over ,get faith up for pills and insulin,and breakfast.. then off to work and then back until Jean gets home.. also valentines weekend have to spend the whole weekend up there as Jean will be flying to Florida to bring Sean home. so no valentines dinner out,which for Tom will be happy about that..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Becca - too funny!!! ear plugs do work. Once as an apt. dweller a gal friend and I shared a one bedroom (2 twin beds) and the neighbor was going at "it" so she and I did loud imitations of them and embellished them - after a very short time they were quiet. I'm having salmon for dinner tonight, artichoke and a slaw made from Kohlrabi.

smiles kim

Well its two ladies, so I have a hard time knowing when they are um done....so I can clap loudly or something. Unfortunately I am afraid they might get mean about that and do something like scratch our car....My intuition tells me to not confront them directly..... And I'm listening to that "little voice in my head"
    Becca

I'd also think that banging the headboard against the wall would really make them 'interested', especially if they know that 2 women lived next door. LOL!